Trip Report A cat on my head is not my idea of a fun Saturday night! I'M GOIN' BACK!!!!!!

POSSIBLE pre-trip

Soooo, I've been teasing (my partner) Phil for a while, because he hates the idea of going back to the World since we were just there. Well....."just" if you count last June as "just".

So of course on Christmas, I freaked him out by making him believe that he was going to unwrap some Magic Bands and a resort reservation. He didn't. He unwrapped a NutriNinja and a shirt or two.

And now I've started to joke with him about giving him a surprise trip present for Valentine's Day. So, over the weekend, this conversation happened:

Phil: You know what? I don't care if I ever go back there.

Me: Oh, really?

Phil: Yeah. As a matter of fact, I NEVER wanna go back there.

Me: How can you say that? You always have so much fun when you're there.

Phil: It's hot. It's crowded. It's miserable. We've seen everything. I'm not going back!

Me: Fine!

Phil: Fine!

We eat our pizza in silence for a few minutes. Oh, I forgot to mention - we were out for pizza dinner.

pizza.JPG

Then:

Me: Ya, know, I can just go without you.

Phil: I wish you would.

Me: So maybe I will.

Phil: So maybe you should.

I've threatened this before but have never followed through with it, because as much as he protests, I know he will get really jealous right up at the point when I am leaving for five days or so of fun. I'll be having a wonderful time flying around inside a space mountain or drinking around a world, and he gets to stay home and give cats a ride around the house on his head in a basket on a Saturday night.

Oh, did I not mention this before? We have very demanding cats.

Buddy cat head.jpg

Lemme tell you something. If someone told me in my 20's that I would spend Saturday nights in my 40's giving a cat a guided tour of the house in a basket on my head, I would have punched them in the face.

So, annnyway...........This conversation got a bit heated, filled with lots of "I don't know why you need to go back when you been there a million times" and "Why don't you just let me do what I want to do" and blah blah blah blah.

After pizza and a couple of carafes of wine, I was like "You know what, I'm doing it!"

So while Phil drove us home in icy silence, I texted my actor friend, Paul (and fellow drunkard) who I have known since college, and said:

"Phil just told me he's never going to Disney again. F- that. I'm going. Wanna come?"

And seconds later, Paul texted back and said:

"Of course! I'll go to Disney in a heartbeat! Let me know when!!!!!!"

So, there's the very distinct possibility that I might get to return to WDW this year.

I went with Paul once before, and also with our mutual friend, Mario Cantone (the comedian from Sex and the City, The View, etc.) Here we are in a few shots from that trip, impossibly young - The below I think is the Osbourne Lights but someone will correct me if I am wrong:

lights.jpg

And this is the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. On this day, Julie Andrews sat down a few tables away from us with a pretty big entourage. What is cooler than seeing Julie Andres at Disney? Mario, being a semi-celeb at the time, went to say hi to her and had a long conversation. Paul and I cowered at our own table and sucked down bloody marys.

Rainforest.JPG

Then there was some shenanigans in front of Dinosaur.

Dino.jpg

And an audience with Pooh.

Pooh.jpg

Oh look. I used to think I was a little surfer, with a little white necklace, and a wacky Hawaiian shirt. Sigh.

Rocket.JPG

And here is Flock of Seagulls, I mean, err, me, riding in a Tomorrowland rocket.

So, this is all my very long winded way of saying that there might be a trip in my near future if I am willing to go through with it and leave Phil at home and take my friend Paul instead.

I just got a text from Paul and he said he can do it in April.

Never been in April. Are there cheerleaders? Tour groups? etc?

Fast passes and reservations for meals probably already gone. Yes? No?

Update. Just got another text from Paul. He says: "Let's book it."

Argghhhhh. I think I am going to go for it. Phil doesn't think I am going to go through with this, but he's the one who started it by saying he will never go again. Ahhh well. He can have a fun time riding cats around on his head while I am riding on a Monorail. I hope this doesn't lead to divorce court.

;)

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

catmom46

Holy Fancy Feast, Batman! It's turned into a rip-roaring cat-tacular in here! Love it!

Still trying to wrap my head around the details of this possible trip. I'm gonna break it to Phil tomorrow that this is getting serious and we'll see if he throws a fit or not. Too bad I can't go on Super Bowl weekend. He'd be glad to have me out of the house.
:)

So how'd Phil take the news???

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
So how'd Phil take the news???
Phil was like Stepmother in Cinderella. He was like, "If you think you can pull this insanity together in two months, go for it." Ya know, like when Madame told Cindy that she could go to the ball if she finished all her chores.

In other words, he thinks we can't do it, and that may be true, because A) my actor friend Paul is, well, an actor, and I'll just say it, is a bit flaky and may flake out and B) it's a little quick to pull all this money together.

However, Paul is starring in an off-Broadway show, so regular income, and I'm expecting a bonus from my job in late March.

Paul is coming to my office on Thursday, and we're going to call Disney and see about locking in a room with the Spring discount rate.

We will see what happens.

catmom46

Phil was like Stepmother in Cinderella. He was like, "If you think you can pull this insanity together in two months, go for it." Ya know, like when Madame told Cindy that she could go to the ball if she finished all her chores.

In other words, he thinks we can't do it, and that may be true, because A) my actor friend Paul is, well, an actor, and I'll just say it, is a bit flaky and may flake out and B) it's a little quick to pull all this money together.

However, Paul is starring in an off-Broadway show, so regular income, and I'm expecting a bonus from my job in late March.

Paul is coming to my office on Thursday, and we're going to call Disney and see about locking in a room with the Spring discount rate.

Sending pixie dust that you lock in that discount rate! Keep me informed of dates, too. I may try to work some of my own Disney magic. :D

Figgy1

Premium Member

Sending pixie dust for a great rate!

prfctlyximprct

Sending positive Disney vibes your way!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Hope you get it! We need another Buddy and Phil trip report.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

I hope you can get the rate you want. As long as you get that and your flights, the rest is no problem (and fun to plan). I booked a quick trip to WDW last year at about 35 days out, and had a great time.

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Two things...
One - I was about 89% sure this thread would be yours based of the title alone...I love it!
Two - I used to have a cat that would pee in the toilet. Scared the crap out of me the first time I was home alone and heard someone peeing in the bathroom. Kept litter costs low. ;)
Jenn, this made me laugh out loud, and very few things make me do that these days. Thanks!

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Arrrrrggghhhh. So, my so-called best friend (other than Phil) Paul Pecorino has postponed coming in to my office today to get this process moving. He suddenly says he doesn't know if he can afford it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Paul has been with me to Disney several times and this is a song I have heard sung many times before. He is counting on me saying "Ohhh, don't worry about it. I'll cover it." But I kind of don't want to do that this time. Paul has been a fairly successful actor and has cleaned up playing Frank in multiple tours of Rocky Horror. See below link:

He's now off-Broadway in another play, so how many people do I have to pay for just to go on a Disney trip? Geez. Maybe I should just do a solo trip. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about it. Or would that just be tragic?

catmom46

Arrrrrggghhhh. So, my so-called best friend (other than Phil) Paul Pecorino has postponed coming in to my office today to get this process moving. He suddenly says he doesn't know if he can afford it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Paul has been with me to Disney several times and this is a song I have heard sung many times before. He is counting on me saying "Ohhh, don't worry about it. I'll cover it." But I kind of don't want to do that this time. Paul has been a fairly successful actor and has cleaned up playing Frank in multiple tours of Rocky Horror. See below link:

He's now off-Broadway in another play, so how many people do I have to pay for just to go on a Disney trip? Geez. Maybe I should just do a solo trip. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about it. Or would that just be tragic?

Tragic??? I say fabulous!!! :joyfull:

Tony the Tigger

I lean towards tragic but I'm not necessarily normal. Having been to Disney World but never Disneyland, I found myself staying at a hotel in Anaheim walking distance to the park. I stayed there every year for three years in the wintertime. I listen to the fireworks sometimes I watched them. I never went. I thought it would be weird. Actually almost went with a guy I met at a bar something about Silverfox bar I don't remember but that fell through. So I never went.

Cut a few years later, Brian and I had just gotten married in New Jersey which was not legally recognized and a few months later they were performing legal marriage ceremonies in Los Angeles. We got on the plane which was running $11 airfare from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles and we got married at the courthouse out there. And the next day was our "second honeymoon" at Disneyland. They took our Orlando passes to get in.

And I was very glad I hadn't gone by myself sooner.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I enjoy going solo, as it presents a different experience, than when you go with friends, family, etc. (Both types of experiences are good though, and one is not better than the other--just different.) I've always enjoyed solo trips!! You can enjoy the parks on your own schedule, and you can socialize with other park guests and CMs when you want to, as well. There's no one "right" way to visit WDW--all ways work!! :joyfull:

Having stated the above, it may be fun for you to try this; but, I also realize from your previous TRs, that you really seem to enjoy having someone with you at all times on vacation. So, I'm a little bit on the fence about this solo possibility in your case, but just go with your instincts -- and if it feels right and something you'd like to try for a change, then do it! :happy:

JennSmith

Jenn, this made me laugh out loud, and very few things make me do that these days. Thanks!
Well if we're keeping score, you're still ahead with the amount of times your posts/comments have made me laugh! :) I hope you find many more reasons to laugh or smile because you seem like a person that deserves as much. I have read A LOT of your stuff on here, (I am a creeper that sometimes only reads stuff but doesn't "like" or comment lol), and I genuinely enjoy seeing your posts.

Tony the Tigger

I say go solo if need be! I'll admit it's been forever since I've done it but I had an amazing time. If you go solo you go where you want, when you want, eat where and when you want and no hearing you've had enough or the park's boring. Go south young man go south.

None of this ^ LOL.

A single man - "red shirt" - at WDW alone - drinking = every mother from Iowa's worst nightmare.

Not to mention your tendency to accidentally find yourself naked in public!

Figgy1

Premium Member
None of this ^ LOL.

A single man - "red shirt" - at WDW alone - drinking = every mother from Iowa's worst nightmare.

Not to mention your tendency to accidentally find yourself naked in public!
I'm a mom who has been in WDW during red shirt days and met some of the most fun people ever. I'm also sure the naked thing will never happen again. or at least I want video:confused:

Spikerdink

I have done the solo trip - it is different than going with a significant other or friends/family, but it can be great way to relax, get rid of the stress of everyday life and recharge your mental batteries.

I have wanted to find a BF to share my enjoyment of Disney, but that hasn't come to fruition yet. As some Disney princess once said, "Someday my prince will come!"

Plan the trip as a solo - and if the friend comes up with the cash, you can quickly add him to the reservation and if Phil thinks you are going alone, then he may decide you shouldn't have fun on your own and he may decided to jump in. Either way, you get to go to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom