________ Tracy Starring in Diamond Double-Cross

alanbrai

Original Poster
I was browsing the interner fo WDW Information and found this site http://www.islandnet.com/~kpolsson/wdworld/index.htm (Awsome site). But I found that D i c k Tracy Starring in Diamond Double-Cross had opened on May 21 1990 and closed on Feb 16 1991. What i am asking is if anyone here has anymore information to the show. Like where in Disney-MGM, What it replace (if applicable) and what replace it.

Glen Quagmire

I may be way way off here. But when I was there in 91, I was 7, I remember a ________ tracy scene being played out on the backlot tour. It involved a robery of some kind

WelshBatman

There was a store on Hollywood Boulevard that had tons of ________ Tracy merchandise and if I remember correctly, there was a small theater on the corner of where Hollywood meets Sunset. Sunset wasn't then what it is now and I think that was where the show was, and I believe it was replaced with beauty and the beast (before Beauty and the Beast became what it is now).

Bratstarman

Back then, the studios didn't have much to see (sort of like now), so they added the Dic Tracy Show. There was a small stage about where the street forks off towards Tower of Terror, but the show was Broadway quality. I recall rumors that some of the performers were actually brought in from New York. I still remember the bright colors, just like in the movie.

Back then there were plans for a Dic Tracy car chase ride. But the movie tanked and plans for the ride evaporated.

LoriMistress

I remember watching the D*ck Tracy Show at DLR. It wasn't that good. I'm sure my parents have some pictures of the show somewhere.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep; DDC was preformed on the original Theatre of the Stars - a hurridly built theatre at what is now the Sunset / Hollywood intersection, to tie in with the release of the film.

There was also a section as mentioned above on the original tram tour (when there was a backstage to see) - the street to the backlot theatre (originally Pochohontas, expanded in later years for Hunchback) was painted in bright DC colours and a cop was held up, followed by the entire tram.

Ah.... the memories!

Glen Quagmire

Yep; DDC was preformed on the original Theatre of the Stars - a hurridly built theatre at what is now the Sunset / Hollywood intersection, to tie in with the release of the film.

There was also a section as mentioned above on the original tram tour (when there was a backstage to see) - the street to the backlot theatre (originally Pochohontas, expanded in later years for Hunchback) was painted in bright DC colours and a cop was held up, followed by the entire tram.

Ah.... the memories!
ok sweet, I'm not going nuts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom