95 Baltimore and DC area

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've had the good fortune the past few trips to have avoided 95 from the Baltimore to DC area during daylight hours. But on our next trip we'll be going through somewhere between 8 and 10 am on a Saturday. How's the traffic at that time? Do any of you have any tips? THNX

wdisneyw2000

My guess is your lucky to have missed the traffic but it depends could be busy or not. do you usually take 95 the whole way down. you could try picking up 81 South, to 64 West then around Richmond, VA take 295 to get around it. That's what we are doing this trip leaving sept. 30th early in the morning Checking in Oct. 1st checking out oct 11th from Central PA

NeedMoreMickey

95 in the Baltimore area is a mess. Once you get through the tunnel the lanes are shifting almost daily. The construction is supposed to be finished around Thanksgiving. Just allow extra time.

yensid67

If it were me, depending on where you are traveling from, I would pick up I-81, go south to Route 64 over to Richmond, VA and catch 95 South there. This is what I do driving from South Central PA. Just agreeing with other post that said it! Have a good trip! we have 810 days to go!!!!!! But WE ARE NOT COUNTING!

Tinkerbell397

We drive from Rhode Island to Maryland once a month to visit grandchildren and we never have any traffic in the Baltimore area on a Saturday or Sunday morning or any other time of the day. Not sure where your trip is starting, but the most traffic we find any time of the day or night, any day of the week is in Connecticut. Not sure where the traffic comes from but it is always there and there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Have a safe trip and a Magical Vacation! :cat:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom