Trip Report 9 days in French Quarter! What a holiday! What a resort! What a time!

Hi all,

Finally it is here! Our TR about our 9 day trip to the World! Hope you will enjoy it but be aware that it will be a long run before the TR is finished. Since we came back from WDW it is a madhouse at work and it will be for quite some time!

This trip is the second year in a row, but the most special holiday we ever took. We have more than a dozen trips to DLP but WDW was on our wishlist for years and years!

We married 5 years ago in August 2010. The years prior to our marriage we always said to each other when we are married for 5 years we will take a trip to WDW. And suddenly a year prior (last year) we had the oppurtunity to take a trip to WDW with friends. So we did! You can find the TR about that trip also here! When we came back last year we decided fast that we absolutely would do a trip next year because of the 5 year marriage. And then we found out that the fly tickets we already gone and only expensive tickets were left. So we decided to postpone the trip for at least a year. But Disney is Disney for us, so we kept on looking for a holiday and then found out that a October holiday to WDW would be as expensive as summer holiday. So the choice was easy! Another trip to WDW! Like I said because we are married for 5 years. And besides the reason there was even something more special, it would be our first trip with just the 3 of us. Our holidays were always with friends or relatives!

So October 16th 2015 was marked in our calenders with red circles and here we go!

Who: Ria (my wife, 45), Sacha (our daugther, 18) and myself (44)
Where: Port Olreans, French Quarter
When: October 16th - October 25th 2016

Overal we had a more than marvelous trip! Everything went as planned! We absolutely have no remarks on the holiday! The trip to WDW was more than OK, the stay in French Quarter was more than OK, teh days in the parks were more than OK,the fastpass+ was more than OK, Memory Maker was more than OK, the food was more than OK, MNSSHP was more than OK and the flight home was more than OK! Expect a TR with a lot of pictures, although we took less pictures than last year. We have a GOPRO no, so there are much videos, but you won't find them in the TR.

October 16th 2015: the trip to WDW
We wake up early, around 3 o'clock in the morning and within an hour we were in the car on our way to the airport. We arrived around 4 and the guys from the valet parking were there to take our car in 'custody' for our holiday period. The checking in for the flight went smoothly and then the big waiting began! The take off was as planned at 08.55 and then the 9 hour flight began and was more than OK!

The next pictures speak for themself. The flight was with a Boeing Dreamliner. Nice plane, good seats! The food was OK and looking back the flight was smoothly.

View attachment 118354
We had 3 chairs next to each other, that was great and better than last year!

IMG_1450.JPG

Even could take a selfie :)

IMG_1453.JPG

More than half way!

IMG_1454.JPG

The final hour before touch down at Orlando Sanford!

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Much more to come! Next part will be first day in the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ok, around the Big Apple :) I will read to PTR after some more updates here. I was so long away, so at least now I have to post some more!

So next weekend... that's nearby! Enjoy the final pre feelings and off course I hope for a TR :)
Thank you and of course they'll be a TR starting around the 1st of September

epcotisbest

The final post for now. I first have to catch up with four pages of PTR's and TR's :)

But the next post will not take as long as the last time :)

View attachment 152451

View attachment 152452

View attachment 152453

Off course the kiss was for me :) lol

View attachment 152454

View attachment 152455

View attachment 152456

View attachment 152457

View attachment 152458

View attachment 152459

View attachment 152460

To be continued as soon as possible :)
Great photos and fun trip report as usual, but there is one glaring mistake. That kiss was for me. It passed just to the right of you without even slowing down.

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The final post for today! And as promised much more to come, and the Fantasy parade pictures speak for themselves!

As you might know from earlier posts and reports, the favorite character for Ria is Jiminy! So off course we need pictures of the one. Unluckily he wasn't aware of us :)

DSC_0142.JPG

DSC_0143.JPG

DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG

DSC_0148.JPG

DSC_0150.JPG

DSC_0153.JPG

DSC00008.JPG

We already had the halloween pocorn buckets, but the coach was on our wishlist before we went to WDW and during the parade I managed to get me on! For 2016 we definately need the Star Wars popcorn buckets!

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG

This is it for today. Hope you still like this TR although it will take of lot of time to finish and wrap it up! And there are more pictures than words!

To be continued!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom