Trip Report 9 days in French Quarter! What a holiday! What a resort! What a time!

Hi all,

Finally it is here! Our TR about our 9 day trip to the World! Hope you will enjoy it but be aware that it will be a long run before the TR is finished. Since we came back from WDW it is a madhouse at work and it will be for quite some time!

This trip is the second year in a row, but the most special holiday we ever took. We have more than a dozen trips to DLP but WDW was on our wishlist for years and years!

We married 5 years ago in August 2010. The years prior to our marriage we always said to each other when we are married for 5 years we will take a trip to WDW. And suddenly a year prior (last year) we had the oppurtunity to take a trip to WDW with friends. So we did! You can find the TR about that trip also here! When we came back last year we decided fast that we absolutely would do a trip next year because of the 5 year marriage. And then we found out that the fly tickets we already gone and only expensive tickets were left. So we decided to postpone the trip for at least a year. But Disney is Disney for us, so we kept on looking for a holiday and then found out that a October holiday to WDW would be as expensive as summer holiday. So the choice was easy! Another trip to WDW! Like I said because we are married for 5 years. And besides the reason there was even something more special, it would be our first trip with just the 3 of us. Our holidays were always with friends or relatives!

So October 16th 2015 was marked in our calenders with red circles and here we go!

Who: Ria (my wife, 45), Sacha (our daugther, 18) and myself (44)
Where: Port Olreans, French Quarter
When: October 16th - October 25th 2016

Overal we had a more than marvelous trip! Everything went as planned! We absolutely have no remarks on the holiday! The trip to WDW was more than OK, the stay in French Quarter was more than OK, teh days in the parks were more than OK,the fastpass+ was more than OK, Memory Maker was more than OK, the food was more than OK, MNSSHP was more than OK and the flight home was more than OK! Expect a TR with a lot of pictures, although we took less pictures than last year. We have a GOPRO no, so there are much videos, but you won't find them in the TR.

October 16th 2015: the trip to WDW
We wake up early, around 3 o'clock in the morning and within an hour we were in the car on our way to the airport. We arrived around 4 and the guys from the valet parking were there to take our car in 'custody' for our holiday period. The checking in for the flight went smoothly and then the big waiting began! The take off was as planned at 08.55 and then the 9 hour flight began and was more than OK!

The next pictures speak for themself. The flight was with a Boeing Dreamliner. Nice plane, good seats! The food was OK and looking back the flight was smoothly.

View attachment 118354
We had 3 chairs next to each other, that was great and better than last year!

IMG_1450.JPG

Even could take a selfie :)

IMG_1453.JPG

More than half way!

IMG_1454.JPG

The final hour before touch down at Orlando Sanford!

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Much more to come! Next part will be first day in the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
So here we are again! It's 18-10-2015 now. We started the day in Disney Springs and after that we did Studios!

In Springs we met friends that were also in Florida. They stayed in a villa and had no time for the resort, only half a day in Springs.

DSC_0047.JPG

We started off in the Christmas shop. That only took us almost 45 minutes. Always great to see all the decorations and so on. This time we didn't buy anything, just watching :)

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

Time for some nice candy and the timing of the picture is great... ahum.....

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

We are also big SW fans :) Very nice strollers, but we didn't buy any.. but the looks are great!

DSC_0055.JPG

Ria is a huge Jiminy fan, so we need to buy this one! It didn't survive the trip home, but I think we will manage to make it as beautifull as in the picture :)

DSC_0056.JPG

As you probably mentioned bfore we are huge ice cream lovers so Sacha and me need to be in Ghiradelli :) What an ice cream and what a price $$$$$ haha but it was worth the price!

DSC_0057.JPG

to be continued.........

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So here we are again! It's 18-10-2015 now. We started the day in Disney Springs and after that we did Studios!

In Springs we met friends that were also in Florida. They stayed in a villa and had no time for the resort, only half a day in Springs.

View attachment 120571
We started off in the Christmas shop. That only took us almost 45 minutes. Always great to see all the decorations and so on. This time we didn't buy anything, just watching :)

View attachment 120572

View attachment 120573

Time for some nice candy and the timing of the picture is great... ahum.....

View attachment 120574

View attachment 120575

View attachment 120576

View attachment 120577
We are also big SW fans :) Very nice strollers, but we didn't buy any.. but the looks are great!

View attachment 120578

Ria is a huge Jiminy fan, so we need to buy this one! It didn't survive the trip home, but I think we will manage to make it as beautifull as in the picture :)

View attachment 120579
As you probably mentioned bfore we are huge ice cream lovers so Sacha and me need to be in Ghiradelli :) What an ice cream and what a price $$$$$ haha but it was worth the price!

View attachment 120580

to be continued.........

Ghiradelli is my favorite shop at Disney Springs! But, thank goodness I only visit WDW once a year, because with their $$$$$$ prices :eek:, it's a rare treat for me. :hungry:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Ghiradelli is my favorite shop at Disney Springs! But, thank goodness I only visit WDW once a year, because with their $$$$$$ prices :eek:, it's a rare treat for me. :hungry:

Totally agree! The ice cream is sooooo good over there! Luckey that there is no shop in Netherlands :) But off course can't wait for the October '16 trip... we will absolutely grab another one :)

I'm also a big Jiminy fan (surprise, surprise) Do you remember where you got the little statuette ?

Off course I remember! It was at World of Disney in Springs!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Here we are again. We stil were in Springs with our friends and off course to do a lot of shopping, or more or less just watching :)

Another picture of the more that great ice cream :) Looking at this pic again.... well I just wanna go back :)

DSC_0058.JPG

When in World of Disney it was great to see the moving background behind the cash desks! Off course there is no movement in the pictures :)

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

Then it was time for the Lego shop... and well it speaks for itself :)

DSC_0062.JPG

Some overview pictures from Springs!

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

The it was time to grab the riverboat back to POFQ and getting ready for Studios!

to be continued.....

prfctlyximprct

THAT ICE CREAM. TOTALLY DROOLING!!!

Your title has me hooked already, such a BEAUTIFUL resort. Loved when I stayed there! Love following along, you can see the happiness in all your faces!

And my best friend and I are currently watching all the Star Wars movies to become knowledgeable about what's coming to Disney World! Love the R2d2 mickey ears! Think they may be my next purchase!! :)

Thanks for sharing :) :) :)

marissieviolissie

Another Dutchie who stayed at POFQ in November here :)
It is a lovely resort isn't it?

About the plane: did you fly Arke? (Or Tui as they are called now). Personally I hate flying with them lol, even if the plane is new and all.

I'm just following along your topic. I won't be starting my own as 1) not so many pics and 2) memory is so bad I have to reconstruct mainly through my photos. Not worth writing about lol.

I wish I had known about the Disney dollars! No clue they existed. Good reason to go again next year :angelic:

Fijne avond en fijn weekend ;)

HouCuseChickie

A little late to the party, but yeah for your trip report :) Can't wait to read more. We're also going with a GoPro type camera this time in addition to the normal stuff. I got it more to catch all of my face plants in the snow, but good call on doing ride videos.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
THAT ICE CREAM. TOTALLY DROOLING!!! Your title has me hooked already, such a BEAUTIFUL resort. Loved when I stayed there! Love following along, you can see the happiness in all your faces! And my best friend and I are currently watching all the Star Wars movies to become knowledgeable about what's coming to Disney World! Love the R2d2 mickey ears! Think they may be my next purchase!! :) Thanks for sharing :) :) :)

Thanks! Yeah that Ice Cream is to drool for! And be sure we will be back there next October :) Although.... $$$$$$ LOL! FQ is sooo great! We really had a wonderful time there. Next year we will be staying at RS. Curious about that one. Although we here a lot complaints about the walking you have to do in RS. Nothing is really close by in comparison with FQ! And the happiness is not only the faces! It was one happy holiday :) We can't wait for the addition of Star Wars in the park! There are people that thi nk it is not disney alike... scr** them :) It will be a wonderfull world... as Avatar will be in AK! Are you updated with SW yet? Only 15 days to go for the World premiere! There is a special SW night in DLP but we can;t find time to be there and it is quite €€€... € 85,-- a ticket and € 150,-- for a VIP ticket. Great thing is that the original Boba Fett actor will be there!! The R2D2 are great, but bought myself a SW ring and bracelet (pictures in future posts :)). Love to share our experience with you all but to be honest our TR canmnot compete with yours :)

Another Dutchie who stayed at POFQ in November here :)
It is a lovely resort isn't it? About the plane: did you fly Arke? (Or Tui as they are called now). Personally I hate flying with them lol, even if the plane is new and all.I'm just following along your topic. I won't be starting my own as 1) not so many pics and 2) memory is so bad I have to reconstruct mainly through my photos. Not worth writing about lol.I wish I had known about the Disney dollars! No clue they existed. Good reason to go again next year :angelic: Fijne avond en fijn weekend ;)

Hej another dutch one :) there are several more here! Wow did you stay there last November? It is more than lovely! I guess it is the best resort! Everything is so close by! Pool is nice, people are nice, food is good. Transport is more than OK :) What do you want more? I guess the only complaint can be that it is not that Disney alike :) We flew with TUI. The Dreamliner is really a great plane. We had not much to complain about the flight. And well you have to go by plane. I guess on every airline are things that can be better :) The greatest thing is that it is a direct flight! So no TR from your side..... :( Always great to read other peoples experiences. Although lately I can't find time to catch up with all the TR's :) Yeah the Dollars are great! There are even more! And don't know they have new characters on the Dollars every now and then! And yeah it is a very good reason to go next year! Our trip is already planned. Only have to find the right flights! Fijne dag en werkweek ;)

Very welcome!

Just spotted your trip report.Love the pictures and loving the ice creams! Ice cream at 10am is right up my street.Looking forward to more.

Thank! For such an ice cream there is no time limit! There is much more to come. only thing is that you have to stick in for the long run! Very very busy these days, so cannot find enough time to go on. But there will be more, I promise :)

A little late to the party, but yeah for your trip report :) Can't wait to read more. We're also going with a GoPro type camera this time in addition to the normal stuff. I got it more to catch all of my face plants in the snow, but good call on doing ride videos.

No problem that it is late. This one will take quite some time to post more messages :) The GoPro was/is so great! Like you said, great to make on ride movies and so one!

Enjoying your report...thanks for sharing! Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks, there will be so much more :)

Loving this TR! Can't wait to read the rest. Looks like you had a fantastic trip!

Also thanks! The trip was way more that fantastic! It was Disney Magical :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
So here I am again! As you know it is busy, so no daily updates :)

We are in studios now! First (although we already had a more than great ice cream) time for some snacks as breakfast :) And as always we forgot to take the pictures in time :)

IMG_1674.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

As mentioned we had Memory Maker, so here are some pictures :

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_7491730872.jpeg

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_7491732496.jpeg

STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_7491733223.jpeg

STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_7491733225.jpeg

STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_7491733226.jpeg

STUDIO_NYSTREET_7491799716.jpeg

STUDIO_NYSTREET_7491799719.jpeg

To be honest I forgot which ride this is. When I see the expression on my face it's the Aerosmith ride :)

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_7492155987.jpeg

There will be one more update today :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The contuation of the 18th of October, a day in Studios :)

Some more Memory Maker pics. I guess I made a mistake with the time frame since some pics are from the outside of Studios, so they should have been in the prior updates :)

STUDIO_STDENTR1_7491725790.jpeg

STUDIO_STDENTR1_7491725791.jpeg

STUDIO_STDENTR1_7491729264.jpeg

STUDIO_STDENTR2_7491725041.jpeg

STUDIO_STDENTR2_7491725046.jpeg

STUDIO_SUNSET4_7492163246.jpeg

And the final pic of today is the Tower of Terror!

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_7492133167.jpeg

To be continued. More pictures of Studios. We had diner in Sci-fi, so also pics of that great reastaurant to come!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Loving the pictures. Your face on RNR is priceless...I've ridden it once and won't do it again lol.

Haha thanks RNR is a great rid, with the music and so... but the start is my least fav, part of the ride :)

If you call the shop you bought the statue in I bet they will replace it. Don't know for a fact, but it is worth trying. It is a shame it broke!

We managed to get it fixed :)

Great report!! Following along when I can. Busy here also.

Thanks! Like I said, busy here as well... last post from my side was couple of days too long ago :) But more to come in the (near) future!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Finally some time to post more of our second day in the world. We had reservations for Sci-fi. A first timer for us, but I really wanted to eat there! And to describe it in one word: GREAT! The food was more than OK, the shake was marvelous and the waiter worked hard for us! Absolutely we will return there the next time we are in the World (310 days from now ).

So here are some Sci-fi pics:

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG

One more post today, so If you want to follow be sure to get along for the long ride :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom