Trip Report 9 days in French Quarter! What a holiday! What a resort! What a time!

Hi all,

Finally it is here! Our TR about our 9 day trip to the World! Hope you will enjoy it but be aware that it will be a long run before the TR is finished. Since we came back from WDW it is a madhouse at work and it will be for quite some time!

This trip is the second year in a row, but the most special holiday we ever took. We have more than a dozen trips to DLP but WDW was on our wishlist for years and years!

We married 5 years ago in August 2010. The years prior to our marriage we always said to each other when we are married for 5 years we will take a trip to WDW. And suddenly a year prior (last year) we had the oppurtunity to take a trip to WDW with friends. So we did! You can find the TR about that trip also here! When we came back last year we decided fast that we absolutely would do a trip next year because of the 5 year marriage. And then we found out that the fly tickets we already gone and only expensive tickets were left. So we decided to postpone the trip for at least a year. But Disney is Disney for us, so we kept on looking for a holiday and then found out that a October holiday to WDW would be as expensive as summer holiday. So the choice was easy! Another trip to WDW! Like I said because we are married for 5 years. And besides the reason there was even something more special, it would be our first trip with just the 3 of us. Our holidays were always with friends or relatives!

So October 16th 2015 was marked in our calenders with red circles and here we go!

Who: Ria (my wife, 45), Sacha (our daugther, 18) and myself (44)
Where: Port Olreans, French Quarter
When: October 16th - October 25th 2016

Overal we had a more than marvelous trip! Everything went as planned! We absolutely have no remarks on the holiday! The trip to WDW was more than OK, the stay in French Quarter was more than OK, teh days in the parks were more than OK,the fastpass+ was more than OK, Memory Maker was more than OK, the food was more than OK, MNSSHP was more than OK and the flight home was more than OK! Expect a TR with a lot of pictures, although we took less pictures than last year. We have a GOPRO no, so there are much videos, but you won't find them in the TR.

October 16th 2015: the trip to WDW
We wake up early, around 3 o'clock in the morning and within an hour we were in the car on our way to the airport. We arrived around 4 and the guys from the valet parking were there to take our car in 'custody' for our holiday period. The checking in for the flight went smoothly and then the big waiting began! The take off was as planned at 08.55 and then the 9 hour flight began and was more than OK!

The next pictures speak for themself. The flight was with a Boeing Dreamliner. Nice plane, good seats! The food was OK and looking back the flight was smoothly.

View attachment 118354
We had 3 chairs next to each other, that was great and better than last year!

IMG_1450.JPG

Even could take a selfie :)

IMG_1453.JPG

More than half way!

IMG_1454.JPG

The final hour before touch down at Orlando Sanford!

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Much more to come! Next part will be first day in the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
We always get a picture with Goofy! Great minds LOL

LOL :) Great minds think alike ;) But it is a great statue! Guess next year we are in the same spot for a picture!

Your English is perfect and I'm really enjoying your commentary, as well as your wonderful pictures. Wish I was there now enjoying WDW!! :) I thought the photos of the entertainers were great--such a happy way to start the morning! As for the Disney Dollars, I wonder if those will be a collector's item in the future. I like the designs on them--very fun!

Thanks for the compliment, I do my best! We have the same wish! It is less then a month we were in the World but I wanna go back already! Only 337+ days left before the next time! And that will be as great as this year. Although we stay in a different resort, well not totally. Instead of French Quarter it will be Riverside and we have a dining plan and ultimate tickets. The dancing entertainers were great! It wa shot, when you look good you could see the sweat of their faces :) I guess a lot of people collect he Disney dollars. I guess there are more different ones with different values, but that is for the future :)

Great pictures and it looks like you guys are having a lot of fun!

Thanks, and you can bet we had fun! Even now, looking at the pictures and now and then play a video brings back the fun :)

Great start! Can't wait to read more!

There is much more to come, like I said be patient but it will be finished, although you have to follow for the long time!

Loved the Stitch Disney dollar! (or ten, rather). I'd keep that for sure! Looks like the trip is off to a great start!

The Stich is great! And we will keep them forever I guess :) And not only the start was great! The compelete trip was great :)

YAY!! So glad you all had a great time...I can't wait to read and see more. The food pics looked AMAZING!!!

Thanks, and there will be more! Not that many food pics. Most of gthe time we forgot to take the pictures :)

So glad you are doing another trip report this year - looking forward to looking at the photos and reading what you were doing.

Thanks, off course we do another TR! We like all the other PTR's and TR's. During the time at home they help us 'pump-up' the Disney feeling until the next trip! So I hope our TR helps other people. And besides, if you don't have Disney plans in the (near) future it is also great to read TR's from everybody.

Thanks for starting your report! It will get us fired up before our trip in 30days.

You are welcome! And we are quite jealous that you are in the World in 30 days! SO close!! Enjoy the pre feelings!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Here we go again! Like I said at this time it will be no more than one update a day if I can find some time at work.

We still are in the first day. Day 1 was Magic Kingdom, and well below pictures are still from the first hour inside WDW :)

Off course walking closer and closer to the castle the feeling for being in the world is getting better by the step :) It is a great castle but have to be honest that the castle in DLP is even better :)

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

First stop was Tommorrowland! And again time for a shop :) And what is better than looking at the Star Wars merchandise!

DSC_0014.JPG

Well have to say it looks like I am quite sille wearing the R2D2 cap ;)

DSC_0015.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

First stop has to be the Ice Cream shop, same as last year!

DSC_0016.JPG

Below one of the rides I never do :) I am not scared for rides and almost do them all. But after doing this one a couple of years ago in DLP it will be a no go for me. It felt like I was falling outside the ride. I have the same in Universal with Rip Ride. I know they are totally different but for me both feel the same ;)

DSC_0022.JPG

And here is the Ice :) 11 o'clock in the morning and already enjoying the food :)

DSC_0017.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

So now it is time for an early meeting at work! Catch you all later I guess and like I promised much much more to come!

Have a great and magical day!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Here we are again! Sorry that it took so lang, but like I said before it is quite busy on this side of the ocean.

We still are with the 1st day in WDW. The Magic Kingdom.

DSC_0039.JPG

After the deliscious iced it was time for the People's mover. It was our first time and I have to be honest a really nice ride! We will do that one over and over again in the future I guess :)

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1661.JPG

Sacha found the M&M part and off course she had to bought some!

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

I promise that 2morrow I post more than just one post!

Take care all!

Last edited:

Laurenciaa

YES YES YES another FlaggNL report! Good thing you are writing during the Dutch working hours, small advantage for the European readers.. :p ( aka ME!)

Lovely photos as always, you guys looked like you had a blast! I'm reading along ( and dreaming away of WDW)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
YES YES YES another FlaggNL report! Good thing you are writing during the Dutch working hours, small advantage for the European readers.. :p ( aka ME!)

Lovely photos as always, you guys looked like you had a blast! I'm reading along ( and dreaming away of WDW)

Thanks :) Yes I write during working hours, only it is so busy during the day I only can do it in the early hours.... :) And so far just 1 post a day and sometimes even a couple of days between :) If you wanna read this TR you have to stick for the long run :)

It really was a blast! And have the same dream, only we know that in 330 days the dream will come throgh.. again :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Looks like you guys had a great time. I don't what it is...but I love eating ice cream at the parks!

We have a marvelous time! It was even greater than the year before... :) And that Ice cream thing.... we have the same.. wait till you see the next day of our trip :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
When you make promises you have to make it happen :) So today 2 posts from our first day in WDW, Magic Kingdom.

After the People's Mover we were ready for the first fastpass of the day :) We head out to Splash Mountian, one of the greatest rides of MK :)

So some pictures from our walk to SM and after that the ride itsself :) Ohw and not to forget, inbetween there was time for a nice burger :)

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

There it is, the mountain as it is :)

DSC_0045.JPG

We forgot to take pictures of our food a lot of times, but this time we did it :)

DSC_0046.JPG

Here we are in SM :) As you can see Sacha filmed the whole ride, nide to see the video :)

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7490896178.jpg

As mentioned before we had Memory Maker and we took advantage as much as we could :) About 30o pictures from that only :)

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7490852708.jpg

One of our greatest characters in a Disney movie :) Lumiere!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7490852716.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7490852719.jpg

One post left for our first day in MK :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Here is the final post of our first day in WDW :) As mentioned above MK it was :)

All the next pictures are from Memory Maker.

After SM it was time to ride the SDWT :) Not that new anymore but definatelly one of the greatest rides in MK :)

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7490896180.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7490896859.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7490897757.jpg

We did a lot of things during the day but there are no pictures of that part. Since we have the Gopro we took a lot of videos and less pictures! In the evening it was time to ride SM again :) This time Sacha and Ria were at front and well they knew what could happen :) and it did happen..... quite wet :)

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7491114150.jpg

Two finale Memory Maker pics of the day :) Isn't Tinkerbell nice :)

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7491081579.jpg

What's better than ending the day in the most magical place in the world with the two ladies you loved the most by your side and receiving one of the cheeks :)

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7491082309.jpg

That's it for today! The next buch of posts will be WDS :)

Have a great and magical day and catch you later!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Great report again!

Thanks, although this time it takes more time to create the TR than before :) So I hope everybody is in it for the long run!

LOVE the pic of you getting kisses from your wife and daughter...so cute!

Thanks, it is great picture, that's what we like about memory maker. Sometimes the cast members will let you pose in such a right, pleasant and great way :)

Love the pictures!

Thanks, much more to come!

Starting off great! Did you try the Abita?

Thanks also, and sorry but I totally forgot about the Abita. Will have to do that the next trip in October '16.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom