Trip Report 9 days in French Quarter! What a holiday! What a resort! What a time!

Hi all,

Finally it is here! Our TR about our 9 day trip to the World! Hope you will enjoy it but be aware that it will be a long run before the TR is finished. Since we came back from WDW it is a madhouse at work and it will be for quite some time!

This trip is the second year in a row, but the most special holiday we ever took. We have more than a dozen trips to DLP but WDW was on our wishlist for years and years!

We married 5 years ago in August 2010. The years prior to our marriage we always said to each other when we are married for 5 years we will take a trip to WDW. And suddenly a year prior (last year) we had the oppurtunity to take a trip to WDW with friends. So we did! You can find the TR about that trip also here! When we came back last year we decided fast that we absolutely would do a trip next year because of the 5 year marriage. And then we found out that the fly tickets we already gone and only expensive tickets were left. So we decided to postpone the trip for at least a year. But Disney is Disney for us, so we kept on looking for a holiday and then found out that a October holiday to WDW would be as expensive as summer holiday. So the choice was easy! Another trip to WDW! Like I said because we are married for 5 years. And besides the reason there was even something more special, it would be our first trip with just the 3 of us. Our holidays were always with friends or relatives!

So October 16th 2015 was marked in our calenders with red circles and here we go!

Who: Ria (my wife, 45), Sacha (our daugther, 18) and myself (44)
Where: Port Olreans, French Quarter
When: October 16th - October 25th 2016

Overal we had a more than marvelous trip! Everything went as planned! We absolutely have no remarks on the holiday! The trip to WDW was more than OK, the stay in French Quarter was more than OK, teh days in the parks were more than OK,the fastpass+ was more than OK, Memory Maker was more than OK, the food was more than OK, MNSSHP was more than OK and the flight home was more than OK! Expect a TR with a lot of pictures, although we took less pictures than last year. We have a GOPRO no, so there are much videos, but you won't find them in the TR.

October 16th 2015: the trip to WDW
We wake up early, around 3 o'clock in the morning and within an hour we were in the car on our way to the airport. We arrived around 4 and the guys from the valet parking were there to take our car in 'custody' for our holiday period. The checking in for the flight went smoothly and then the big waiting began! The take off was as planned at 08.55 and then the 9 hour flight began and was more than OK!

The next pictures speak for themself. The flight was with a Boeing Dreamliner. Nice plane, good seats! The food was OK and looking back the flight was smoothly.

View attachment 118354
We had 3 chairs next to each other, that was great and better than last year!

IMG_1450.JPG

Even could take a selfie :)

IMG_1453.JPG

More than half way!

IMG_1454.JPG

The final hour before touch down at Orlando Sanford!

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Much more to come! Next part will be first day in the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Final random pics!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7493137019.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7493138731.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7493138734.jpg

So this is it! There is nothing more. The wrap up of our trip almost a year ago!

A more than magical trip and like I said before. DLP is nothing compared to WDW. Since the first time WDW we didn't return to DLP. 3 main reasons. DLP just looks like a giant wall these days. In 2017 it is their 25th anniversary. So they are refurbing a lot of attractions these days. We probably will be in DLP on April 12th 2017. the day of DLP's birthday!

We have been in WDW twice now, but did not manage to see all! So that's why we are going next september (47 nights to go). A PTR is already there!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Ohw... I forgot.. there is a bonus if you all like that! It are not my pics, but the bonus pics Dinsey added to Memory Maker for free! If you want me to share them., it will be 9 more posts!

abzoo

All caught up! Great pictures! I was in WDW at the end of your trip (just for a weekend) and it looks like our October trips will overlap this year as well. My friend is coming to visit from California October 18-26. I'm excited to write another trip report and to read a new one from you!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Great pics! Cant say it enough, POFQ is the best resort on property.

I totally agree! That's why we are going back in just 15 days :) Can't wait to be there again!

img_1659-jpg.157481

Oh my! I love that charm bracelet--Pandora? (And, speaking of photos, I enjoyed seeing all of your pictures, and thank you! :) )

yes they are Pandora! Ria loves them and some of the charms are not available in the Netherlands so off course for the next trip there will be some new additions :) Thanks for reading our TR!

All caught up! Great pictures! I was in WDW at the end of your trip (just for a weekend) and it looks like our October trips will overlap this year as well. My friend is coming to visit from California October 18-26. I'm excited to write another trip report and to read a new one from you!

Thanks for the compliments! As you know we are back from October 13th! So if we walk by just say so! And off course there will be a new TR when we are back! California is on our bucket :) Thanks for taking the time to catch up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom