Trip Report 9 days in French Quarter! What a holiday! What a resort! What a time!

Hi all,

Finally it is here! Our TR about our 9 day trip to the World! Hope you will enjoy it but be aware that it will be a long run before the TR is finished. Since we came back from WDW it is a madhouse at work and it will be for quite some time!

This trip is the second year in a row, but the most special holiday we ever took. We have more than a dozen trips to DLP but WDW was on our wishlist for years and years!

We married 5 years ago in August 2010. The years prior to our marriage we always said to each other when we are married for 5 years we will take a trip to WDW. And suddenly a year prior (last year) we had the oppurtunity to take a trip to WDW with friends. So we did! You can find the TR about that trip also here! When we came back last year we decided fast that we absolutely would do a trip next year because of the 5 year marriage. And then we found out that the fly tickets we already gone and only expensive tickets were left. So we decided to postpone the trip for at least a year. But Disney is Disney for us, so we kept on looking for a holiday and then found out that a October holiday to WDW would be as expensive as summer holiday. So the choice was easy! Another trip to WDW! Like I said because we are married for 5 years. And besides the reason there was even something more special, it would be our first trip with just the 3 of us. Our holidays were always with friends or relatives!

So October 16th 2015 was marked in our calenders with red circles and here we go!

Who: Ria (my wife, 45), Sacha (our daugther, 18) and myself (44)
Where: Port Olreans, French Quarter
When: October 16th - October 25th 2016

Overal we had a more than marvelous trip! Everything went as planned! We absolutely have no remarks on the holiday! The trip to WDW was more than OK, the stay in French Quarter was more than OK, teh days in the parks were more than OK,the fastpass+ was more than OK, Memory Maker was more than OK, the food was more than OK, MNSSHP was more than OK and the flight home was more than OK! Expect a TR with a lot of pictures, although we took less pictures than last year. We have a GOPRO no, so there are much videos, but you won't find them in the TR.

October 16th 2015: the trip to WDW
We wake up early, around 3 o'clock in the morning and within an hour we were in the car on our way to the airport. We arrived around 4 and the guys from the valet parking were there to take our car in 'custody' for our holiday period. The checking in for the flight went smoothly and then the big waiting began! The take off was as planned at 08.55 and then the 9 hour flight began and was more than OK!

The next pictures speak for themself. The flight was with a Boeing Dreamliner. Nice plane, good seats! The food was OK and looking back the flight was smoothly.

View attachment 118354
We had 3 chairs next to each other, that was great and better than last year!

IMG_1450.JPG

Even could take a selfie :)

IMG_1453.JPG

More than half way!

IMG_1454.JPG

The final hour before touch down at Orlando Sanford!

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Much more to come! Next part will be first day in the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks! There is much more to come off course! Thye Dreamliner really was great! Thay have a light effect after the start, it's great :)

Here is demo of that (not our flight :)):

Forget the lighting, how are the seats? They look a lot more comfortable than the typical seats. Looking at flying to merry old England sometime next year to visit distant relatives and family friends.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks! There is much more to come off course! Thye Dreamliner really was great! Thay have a light effect after the start, it's great :)

Here is demo of that (not our flight :)):

Wow. The 787 Dreamliner is so much fun! As I watched the demo, it reminded me a little of old sci-fi movies, about incredible, space age things that awaited us in the future. Well, the "future" is NOW!! :joyfull:

BuddyThomas

Hi all,

Finally it is here! Our TR about our 9 day trip to the World! Hope you will enjoy it but be aware that it will be a long run before the TR is finished. Since we came back from WDW it is a madhouse at work and it will be for quite some time!

This trip is the second year in a row, but the most special holiday we ever took. We have more than a dozen trips to DLP but WDW was on our wishlist for years and years!

We married 5 years ago in August 2010. The years prior to our marriage we always said to each other when we are married for 5 years we will take a trip to WDW. And suddenly a year prior (last year) we had the oppurtunity to take a trip to WDW with friends. So we did! You can find the TR about that trip also here! When we came back last year we decided fast that we absolutely would do a trip next year because of the 5 year marriage. And then we found out that the fly tickets we already gone and only expensive tickets were left. So we decided to postpone the trip for at least a year. But Disney is Disney for us, so we kept on looking for a holiday and then found out that a October holiday to WDW would be as expensive as summer holiday. So the choice was easy! Another trip to WDW! Like I said because we are married for 5 years. And besides the reason there was even something more special, it would be our first trip with just the 3 of us. Our holidays were always with friends or relatives!

So October 16th 2015 was marked in our calenders with red circles and here we go!

Who: Ria (my wife, 45), Sacha (our daugther, 18) and myself (44)
Where: Port Olreans, French Quarter
When: October 16th - October 25th 2016

Overal we had a more than marvelous trip! Everything went as planned! We absolutely have no remarks on the holiday! The trip to WDW was more than OK, the stay in French Quarter was more than OK, teh days in the parks were more than OK,the fastpass+ was more than OK, Memory Maker was more than OK, the food was more than OK, MNSSHP was more than OK and the flight home was more than OK! Expect a TR with a lot of pictures, although we took less pictures than last year. We have a GOPRO no, so there are much videos, but you won't find them in the TR.

October 16th 2016: the trip to WDW
We wake up early, around 3 o'clock in the morning and within an hour we were in the car on our way to the airport. We arrived around 4 and the guys from the valet parking were there to take our car in 'custody' for our holiday period. The checking in for the flight went smoothly and then the big waiting began! The take off was as planned at 08.55 and then the 9 hour flight began and was more than OK!

The next pictures speak for themself. The flight was with a Boeing Dreamliner. Nice plane, good seats! The food was OK and looking back the flight was smoothly.

View attachment 118354
We had 3 chairs next to each other, that was great and better than last year!

View attachment 118355

Even could take a selfie :)

View attachment 118356

More than half way!

View attachment 118357

The final hour before touch down at Orlando Sanford!

View attachment 118358

View attachment 118359

View attachment 118360

Much more to come! Next part will be first day in the Magic Kingdom!
Great pics! Can't wait to read your report.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
What a great TR so far. Looking forward to the rest!

Thanks! There is much more to come! Like I said it was a more than great and marvelous trip! We have a lot of pictures and off course memories of this trip!

Forget the lighting, how are the seats? They look a lot more comfortable than the typical seats. Looking at flying to merry old England sometime next year to visit distant relatives and family friends.

:) The seats are much better than the planes we had before. Never been in a 747 or A380 so can't compare with the really big planes! For the rest u much better plane with much better seats. The flight to Orlando we had seats with a wall behind us (we had Economy seats) and that was great to have nobody behind you. And the seats even could get backwards (row 27). For the flight back we had the same seats but they changed the seatplan of the plane. We were lucky to have the same row, only this time we had people behind us. For other people it wasn't that nice. They had to change from comfort to economy and even got different seats from each other, one on row 17, one 19 and one 28. So we all got the entertainment for free for the flight back. But overall, the seats are much more comfertable! The only thing to complain a bit about is the the difference between flight to and flight off Orlando. The flight to Orlando they followed the coast line of USA and the flight was smoothly. The flight back they crossed the ocean, so it was much more bumpy and almost the entire flight there was a bit turbulence.

I can't wait to follow along!

Thanks! Hope you like the rest that absolutely will come :)

Off to a great start and of course following

Thanks! As promised I tagged you that the TR had started :) @figmentfan423

Following along!! That plane looks pretty awesome!

The plane really nice. You could feel that it was quite new.

Looking forward to more (tomorrow early morning U.S. time perhaps?)

I'll do my best :) Although I haven't got USA time in my internal system :) lol

Wow. The 787 Dreamliner is so much fun! As I watched the demo, it reminded me a little of old sci-fi movies, about incredible, space age things that awaited us in the future. Well, the "future" is NOW!! :joyfull:

Absolutely! As I mentioned above, never been in a 747 or an A380, so can't compare with that planes, but for all the other ones this plane is the future!

Great pics! Can't wait to read your report.

Thanks! Hope you enjoy the more to come!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
And here we are with some more pictures from the first day! Yesterday we checked our Iphones and there are more pictures from the flight to Orlando and the ride from Sanford to Port Orleans French Quater.

IMG_1645.JPG

As you can see our eyes are still a bit in sleepy mode, although they are sparkling about the idea to get in the plane :)

IMG_1650.JPG

Strange that the desk is closed and we can check in :)

IMG_1653.JPG

The beaty that wil take us to Orlando!

IMG_1655.JPG

Take off was at 0855 so the darkness was gone before we knew it :)

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1597.JPG

Sacha had the window seat so she could enjoy the nice weather above, although the outside temperature was not that nice so high in the sky!

IMG_1598.JPG

When we arrived at Orlando Sanford there were no Disney transportations. That is only possible at Orlando International. From Sanford there was a minivan from a company that took us and 2 other families to our hotels. The other families were not staying on Disney property and we brought them away first. Disney was the last stop :) First time we saw the Orlando Eye. Quite nice, but nothing compare to the London Eye :)

IMG_1600.JPG

There it is, the magic sign! Nothing better in holidays than passing that!

IMG_1639.JPG

When we arrived it was late in the afternoon. So no Disney admission for the first Friday. We took the boat to Disney Springs and when we got back we decided to take a large pizza to the room and get an early sleep. There are no more pics of the room, we simple forgot to take them. On the other hand there are so much pictures here and on the Disney websides that everybody knows how the rooms are. It absolutely is one of the best rooms we ever had. The beds are so good. Normally I have some back problems when sleeping in a hotel for more than one night, but this stay no problems at all. We had to walk about 5 mins from our room to the pool and the restaurants and other Disney building at French Quarter! The resort is so great! A lot of you mentioned ir before as one of the best resort on the property becuase it is not that big and so on. Just have to say you are all right!

IMG_1657.JPG

Off course we had to buy the Disney dollars that were aviable at this resort. Not to use in the park, but to take home :)

Much more to come in the next weeks! Hope to find some early time the next 3 days, because I have all day meetings from tommorrow on. And during the weekends don't expect updates! Hope you all enjoy and feel free to comment :)

And not Disney like but for today: That's all folks!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Good morning all (Dutch time :))

So here we are at the first day in the parks. First day was the Magic Kingdom. A great day with some first timers and off course all the good stuff! We walked from the hotelroom to the busstation. When we walked through the main entrance of the hotel there was an old guy holding the doors for us in a nice collered costume. Before I knew it he mentioned the T-shirt I was wearing. 'Rotterdam', he said! 'That is a city in The Netherlands', and he started to talk in Dutch too us. Off course with an English accent but it was good. Guess the guy was 70+! His parents were born in the Netherlands and the cities they were born is were very familiar with us. He asked to talk about the Netherlands later in the week, but we did not see him again. It was nice to speak some Dutch :) The bus ride was smooth and before we knew it we were ready to enter the Kingdom again :)

After walking through the gates of the park we directly enjoyed a street show with dancers:

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

In front of the theatre and the meeting point with Tinkerbell and Mickey we took the opportunity to take a nice picture with Goofy :)

DSC_0006.JPG

And off course it was directly time for going inside the shops. We had fastpasses for later today so there was time enough. All the candy looks marvelous, although in my opinion the price the ask for some things is way too high! On the other hand, people are buying and eating it all so why don't they :)

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

As I mentioned before this time we had a GOPRO camera with us. There a lot of movies, but I won't post them here. I don't have the time for it now. The mean reason for this camera is the 'inside the ride' movies and have to say that worked out well.

DSC_0010.JPG

Like last year we also had the Memory Maker. And we used it a lot. Almost 380 pictures, so well worth the money. Off course I will post a lot of them also in this TR!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7490482098.jpg

Hope you still enjoy this TR. Forgive me if I make some mistakes in the written English. I do my best :)

That's ot for now, hopefulle another addition tommorrow morning!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hope you still enjoy this TR. Forgive me if I make some mistakes in the written English. I do my best :)

Your English is perfect and I'm really enjoying your commentary, as well as your wonderful pictures. Wish I was there now enjoying WDW!! :)

I thought the photos of the entertainers were great--such a happy way to start the morning!

As for the Disney Dollars, I wonder if those will be a collector's item in the future. I like the designs on them--very fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom