8 nights in one DVC resort, or 4 nights each in 2?

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Currently, my girlfriend and I have 8 nights bookes at Saratoga Springs in August. I was considering making the first four nights of our trip happen at Beach Club Villas, and then finish @ SSR.

I know that the first night we're there, we have dinner reservations @ Spoodles at the Boardwalk, and we were then going to have a few drinks at Jellyrolls. The next day, we have breakfast reservations @ Cape May Cafe, and we were gonna spend the day/afternoon at Epcot, nap back at the hotel if necessary, and then go to the Studios for EMH & dinner @ Brown Derby. I thought it'd be neat to be walking distance to Epcot, be able to boat over to the Studios, etc. I also get a little angry that SSR has no sit down restaurant in case we're too tired to go anywhere (is the walkway between SSR and West Side/PI open yet? Anyone know?)

But then I think, even if DVC members get free luggage transfer from resort to resort (and I'm not sure they do), is it more of a hassle then it's worth to split the trip up?

FYI, we don't have enough points to spend it all at Beach Club, and even if we did, if we had to choose between the two, we like SSR more anyway, even though Beach Club is mighty nice.

So if this were your situation, what would you choose?

1stStarIC2nite

I'd mix it up a little. We do it all the time and checking out then re-checking back in has never been a hassle. We love splitting our trips at different hotels to get a feel of what else Disney has to offer that others don't. :D

Kadee

I'd stay in one. And considering how much time you will be spending in the Epcot/Boardwalk area, I'd switch all 8 nights to Y&B. I just don't like to move once I get there. I like to unpack and get settled in the first day and enjoy my trip. Switching resorts seems like such a waste of valueable Disney time. All that unpacking, repacking, reunpacking, the re-repacking...:hammer: ..geez! gives me a headache just thinking about it.

End the end, it is YOUR trip, so do what is right for YOU no matter what any of us say. Just have a very magical trip!:D

dvcnut39

You can't go wrong either way- with SSR you have the proximity with Downtown Disney, and with BCV you get Stormalong Bay, proximity to Disney Boardwalk, EPCOT, and Disney Studios. I say split it up and enjoy both. We're staying 8 nights at SSR in DEC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom