8:00 Crystal Palace and Rope Drop

Justinchrys25

We have a Sunday 8:00 ADR at Crystal Palace with a predicted crowd level of 1 September 10th. Any rope drop strategies for a start at BTMRR or PP? I haven't been since the new rope drop started, and I know it is no longer "inside the ropes" so to speak, but we love eating there. What should we expect? I hope to be out of the door at Crystal Palace by 8:45. We love the food and the characters, but if we miss a couple characters, it is okay.

Minnie Mum

Rule number 1: Don't believe a predicted crowd level of 1. Even if it is early September. ;)

No kidding. I don't know what crowd calendar the OP is using, but I don't believe that for a second.

At any rate, if the OP is out by 8:45, he'll join the rest of the crowd in the Hub until they drop the rope. By the time they get to PP, the queue should be full. If they opt for BTMRR, they'll be amongst the first to get there, with little or no wait.

Upvote 0

Justinchrys25

Original Poster
No kidding. I don't know what crowd calendar the OP is using, but I don't believe that for a second.

At any rate, if the OP is out by 8:45, he'll join the rest of the crowd in the Hub until they drop the rope. By the time they get to PP, the queue should be full. If they opt for BTMRR, they'll be amongst the first to get there, with little or no wait.
Yeah, using the crowd calendar at touring plans. I get that it's not going to be an empty park, but are crowd levels going to crazy the week after Labor Day?

Upvote 0

Jared Augustine

Line quickly builds up at PP. We RD and when we arrived we had about a ten minute wait. The line quickly builds. I would go straight through the castle to get to PP. If your ADR is running late, I would head straight to BTMRR. We usually can ride it 2-4 times without a long wait.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

I would go straight through the castle to get to PP.

Because of the new Welcome Show at the castle right before rope drop, you cannot walk through the castle. You will need to walk around the castle to get to PP. The quickest route is to the left of the castle, over the bridge to Liberty Square and then a quick right past Sleepy Hollow to the castle courtyard.

Upvote 0

Osh Popham

Magic Kingdom is offering Early Morning Magic on Sept 10 but I'm not sure how many takers there would be (not me) but still something to think about. BTMRR might be your better bet seeing PP is part of this promotion:

Note that this paid event, Early Morning Magic, is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from Extra Magic Hours. Early Morning Magic is NOT a free benefit offered to Disney hotel guests.

For $69 per adult and $59 per child (neither tax nor park admission included), enjoy breakfast and exclusive access to select attractions for 75 minutes prior to official park opening.

Magic Kingdom
Three Fantasyland attractions (The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Peter Pan’s Flight) are available.

The included breakfast buffet at Pinocchio Village Haus is available from 8-10 am.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom