7DMT opening date?

bfox1183

Original Poster
Sorry if someone has a thread for this already but I Figured I would trow this up as a new thread anyway. I heard a contractor coming out of the atarraction area saying that the ride would be open in April. Anyone else here anything to that fact or fiction?

Zweiland

There are many, MANY threads about this. Last date I heard was late spring 2014, so that contractor may be right.

You can use the search feature to see if there is already a thread about something. :)

Disneyhead'71

Based on the recent pics, April '14 sounds reasonable.

Whatever the date is, it will be within 60 days of the opening of Universal's Potterland 2.0 and the Gringott's thrill ride. And that's when the boards here are going to get really fun. :D
Gringott's won't be a "thrill ride". It is being billed as a "family attraction". But it will have 9 indoor show scenes. How many will 7DMT have?

SJN1279

I personally think that the Seven Dwarves coaster will end up being a real crowd pleaser for all ages. I'm excited for Gringotts, but I do feel it may in danger of becoming the most overhyped attraction in theme park history. It is a Harry Potter ride, without Harry Potter.....that in itself will limit its long term appeal.

I loved the Harry Potter books, but think Forbidden Journey failed to capture the fun and magic of the books. It was basically let's just shove every scary character from the series into riders faces for 5 minutes, while making a good chunk of guests ill. It lacked a compelling storyline, and the ride vehicles make you feel very isolated from others in your party. It just isn't a fun attraction IMHO. Hoping Gringotts turns out better.

Buck

I personally think that the Seven Dwarves coaster will end up being a real crowd pleaser for all ages. I'm excited for Gringotts, but I do feel it may in danger of becoming the most overhyped attraction in theme park history. It is a Harry Potter ride, without Harry Potter.....that in itself will limit its long term appeal.

I loved the Harry Potter books, but think Forbidden Journey failed to capture the fun and magic of the books. It was basically let's just shove every scary character from the series into riders faces for 5 minutes, while making a good chunk of guests ill. It lacked a compelling storyline, and the ride vehicles make you feel very isolated from others in your party. It just isn't a fun attraction IMHO. Hoping Gringotts turns out better.

100% correct, but you are about to get roasted. Prayers sent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom