7 Dwarfs Mine Train was...

erasure fan1

I'm not a Disney apologist but really ... it's a dark ride that was given the coaster treatment. Of course other things COULD add to the experience, but instead of judging it on what it COULD be, judge it for what it IS.
For me what it is, is a spectacular looking attraction that feels like its over before it starts. My letdown is the fact that if it had one more section leading to another show scene, the ride could be epic. I get it, they did the best with the space they had to work with. I think the complaints stem more from the issue of the poor planning of new fantasyland. If they would have done a better job and not wanted to cheap out, they could have worked it out so the ride could have been epic. Instead they had to shoe horn it in.

KAAAAAHN

Most amazing and disappointing ride I was on at Disney.

Here is the deal. This ride is going to have a 10 minute wait at all times in a few years once the hype is over. Maybe when Avatar land comes with all it's hype.

The post above mine pretty much sums it up.

READ THE SPOILER:
Here's the deal. This ride has two "decorated areas". The second is meh and basically there for the exit wait. The first one though was amazing. At the time, I thought that if they do this 2 or 3 more times during the ride that this is going to be an amazing experience. What I got was the exit to the ride. The roller coaster portions were amazingly smooth but VERY short.
Point blank, I will never wait for more than 15 minutes for this ride and even that is pushing it.

RSoxNo1

No FP+ available for 2 or more guests for my trip in mid September. It does seem like more are becoming available at the 30 day window. Does anyone know this for sure?

cw1982

No FP+ available for 2 or more guests for my trip in mid September. It does seem like more are becoming available at the 30 day window. Does anyone know this for sure?

Honestly? My theory is that times open up at the 30 day window, and possibly later, as people get into hard to book ADR's. After all, many will change their park schedules around their dinner plans if they manage to snag something that was previously booked.

I have no hard evidence that Disney doesn't withhold a certain number of passes for the 30 day point, but it makes sense to me that dining reservations would influence fastpass selections to a degree.

Oddysey

The ride was smooth, and swinging was not as noticeable as I expected. The Dwarfs section was really cool and made me smile. However, if you have already done it once the ride feels to short to justify any significant wait.

Scuttle

Was a great attraction, but way to short. I will say though that the dwarf show scene is arguably the best at WDW now. Too bad they didn't go with plan A because this could have been an A+ attraction and the best family coaster around, but with the cuts it is quite apparent it's missing something.

imtheonly1

Was a great attraction, but way to short. I will say though that the dwarf show scene is arguably the best at WDW now. Too bad they didn't go with plan A because this could have been an A+ attraction and the best family coaster around, but with the cuts it is quite apparent it's missing something.
What was Plan A? ...Thought the original plan for that section was going to be a Princess Meet & Greet similar to Belle

mahnamahna101

Really, New Fantasyland was a huge misfire aside from Be Our Guest and Enchanted Tales With Belle.

Especially since so many issues were left unaddressed
  1. Bottleneck by PPF/IASW
  2. Lack of an E ticket in Fantasyland (Disneyland has Matterhorn, Tokyo has Hunny Hunt/Haunted Mansion)
  3. No real additions since SWSA closed and Little Mermaid was making up for 20K. Aside from an extra Dumbo.
  4. No real dark ride gain (still 4)
Wonderland mini-land
B&TB trackless dark ride
Bald Mountain (E ticket coaster/dark ride hybrid) - 48"
Little Mermaid Omni-flume (something more inspired than what we got)
Expanded PPF
Philharmagic relocated to Town Square Theater
Revamped Pooh ride
Princess M&G elsewhere
SWSA stays

There's a Potter-swatter. Should have updated all of Fantasyland rather than just half.

MrDee

Just got back last night from another quick hop down to Florida, and finally got to try this ride. I purposely did not use a Fast Pass, because I wanted to take in all the sights. The line took about an hour to get through. The interactive bits were just ok, but the theming and ambience were nicely done.

As for the ride itself, I've read all the complaints (and praise) here, plus watched a few ride-throughs on Youtube, so was very prepared for what to expect. I agree with the loud majority of, "hey this ride needs more scenes in it!", because it would only make a good thing even better. But I have to disagree with how long the duration is. Most here say it is too short. I disagree.

However, my vote may have been swayed by something I did not expect to happen. Our train stopped somewhere well before the final scene, and seemingly felt like that was not supposed to happen, as we sat there for a good 30-45 seconds. But that's not the interesting part....

The fireworks show was in full bloom at this point of the evening, and we were all situated in what seemed like a highly magical/unique viewing perspective....it went on for what seemed like soooo long I started to wonder if we were about to get Dwarf-jacked, and just at that moment the cart started moving again.

It was a great first experience.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
are there any plans of the original idea/ride plan? would be interesting to see
Once again...

Orange is what was built

image.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I finally got to ride it this week, and enjoyed it. I am not a big coaster fan, won't ride anything more intense then Big Thunder, so this coaster is perfect for me. As others have said the ride is very smooth, and it doesn't throw you around as much as other coasters. With that said, I do understand people's criticisms of it. The coaster sections are short and not very intense, and the show scenes are nice but limited so it doesn't knock it out of the park in either respect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom