7 Dwarfs Mine Train was...

lebeau

The "story" is that you see them working in the mine, then they sing "Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, it's home from work we go" and then you see them at home. With the witch watching as a foreboding image of things to come .

Yes, I agree that the story could have been lengthened - perhaps have a scene with the witch giving Snow white the apple, then with her "dying" and then with the Prince awakening her. But not the original story (not the Disney version) which had the witch/evil queen dancing in red hot iron shoes at the wedding. Or even the Disney version which had the witch falling over a cliff.

But there is a story.

I don't think,mining, song, home counts as a story. A story has some kind of conflict. I don't think every ride needs a story. So I'm not all that upset that 7 Dwarfs doesn't have one. But it could have benefitted from a little something more. As it is, it feels like half a ride.

SJN1279

I rode the Mine Train twice on Saturday and I thought the ride was fantastic. In the back seat, you get two ejector airtime hills, and the ride is zippy anywhere you sit. The animatronics are real breakthroughs, I never saw an animatronic have such fluid movements as I did on this ride(Doc was by far my favorite). I also thought the ride length was perfect for the coaster. I loved the balance of dark ride and coaster.

It was just an awesome ride, and it very much passed my expectations. It definitely is one of my favorite attractions in Orlando and a must ride in the Magic Kingdom.

The wait was posted at 80 minutes, but I only waited 40 the first time(the second time I did baby swap which is an awesome Disney service).

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
In a couple of years this ride is going to have the most beautiful trees In all of mk. It really does feel like you went into a little enchanted forest.

I remember us talking trees. I was impressed by the size of trees planted for the Harry 2.0 at Uni being the tree hugger that I am.

BpuqTD1IgAABIPQ.jpg:large

violarum's photo

Sped2424

I remember us talking trees. I was impressed by the size of trees planted for the Harry 2.0 at Uni being the tree hugger that I am.

BpuqTD1IgAABIPQ.jpg:large

violarum's photo
Yeah they planted some good ones for that berm! Man look at the folks wishing for a soft opening. THat place is going to be a nightmare when it opens :confused:. My friend already explained they have a new procedure to deal with the crazy crowds and lines. They want to basically give out like a fastpass that gives you a return time for when you can come back and just enter Diagon alley! A fastpass just to experience the land, not an attraction. That is insane!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah they planted some good ones for that berm! Man look at the folks wishing for a soft opening. THat place is going to be a nightmare when it opens :confused:. My friend already explained they have a new procedure to deal with the crazy crowds and lines. They want to basically give out like a fastpass that gives you a return time for when you can come back and just enter Diagon alley! A fastpass just to experience the land, not an attraction. That is insane!

Yep those are nice tall ones, give them a year to (like the Tangled Potty Trees) to come out of shock and they'll throw some nice shade.

It would be sooo cool to experience that type of a land, the type that so many want to experience it, I remember that with Sunset Blvd at the Studios. It will have to keep for me, for years I've stopped visiting any Orlando park in busy seasons. I went between Spring Break and Easter this year and it was very pleasant in the parks and resorts. I'll have to wait until things settle.

WishIwasThere

I rode at 3:00 in the morning for Rock Your Disney Side, and it was fabulous! Although, it wasn't worth the two hour wait.

But I must say, the dwarves looked fantastic! That was definitely the highlight of the ride! The coaster itself was amazingly smooth and quiet. The big drop was awesome as well!

I don't think there is much that is worth a two hour wait. Experienced RSR in DCA this spring and would not have waited two hours for that, and it was awesome. HP down the road isn't worth a two hour wait, and that was awesome. Guess my time is valuable to me. Just can't justify a 120 min wait for a 3 min thrill. 40:1 is a poor ratio.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
too short. One more show scene would've really helped a lot. The dwarves look great. I like the wicked witch at the end. The swaying does take away from any sense of motion. It is almost like you are not even moving. Still, way too short. I'd wait maybe 20-25 minutes in the future. Anything longer and I would skip.

SAV

Agree with others saying it was way too short. I was very underwhelmed with the ride itself. Thought the way the car was set up would be really cool and add a lot to the ride, but it didn't. The theming was very cool, but the overall ride was not very memorable either. Glad we only waited 5 minutes with our FP+. We changed around our schedule later in the trip and none of us had the urge to go on 7DMT again, especially since we would have had to go Stand-by. We preferred to go and hit up the attractions we didn't hit on our first day.

Rasvar

I waited for right before the fireworks. Posted wait time was 45 minutes but ended up being about 30. Very tight fit for me (but others have mentioned that). Enjoyed it. Not going to say it was fantastic but the visuals were very good. Ride was backed up a bit so got about thirty seconds in front of the cottage. I'd wait 15-20 minutes for it.

Bocabear

It is short and sweet...But the outdoor portions really could benefit from some scenery other than trees. It would make the whole experience a little richer if there was a little more set dressing and story telling outside. There are other story elements that could be tucked into the setting... Like they did at Big Thunder... They could have the witch hiding other places along the track, Some added animals.. Anything... Just a little more...
but even so I would never wait more than 25-30 minutes top for it...

Sped2424

Why is that a lot of people are complaining that the Mine Ride is too short, yet I never see anyone complain that Space Mountain is too short? They have pretty much the same ride time.
Difference is the experience I guess, the thrill of space mountain leaves most folks satisfied. The mine train is lovely, but I can't help but want more from it in both coaster sections and dark ride scenes.

Kman101

Because expectations are put on things, and when that's not met, it's not a good experience. That's why I think the complaints are there. And there's the excuse that it took so long to build and "that's all?". And, now all of a sudden "coaster" means massive thrill. So if it's not, it's terrible. (not saying any of that's me, but it's what I'm seeing)

For the ride it is, it's getting way too picked apart. It's a little coaster, with a nice dark scene. The ride is incredibly smooth and the cars DO swing. I'm not sure what others are saying in that it doesn't add to it. Yes it does. The drop after the mine scene is very nice.

I'm not a Disney apologist but really ... it's a dark ride that was given the coaster treatment. Of course other things COULD add to the experience, but instead of judging it on what it COULD be, judge it for what it IS.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is anyone else noticing a trend with the wait time being over-exaggerated for this ride? Over-exaggerated...

This has been mentioned by quite a few people. Does anyone know how this ride is determining wait times? I know on other rides they used to give random people a card that was scanned at the start of the line and then again at the end. Do they do this with the mine ride, or are they using the Magic Bands for this purpose now?

cw1982

This has been mentioned by quite a few people. Does anyone know how this ride is determining wait times? I know on other rides they used to give random people a card that was scanned at the start of the line and then again at the end. Do they do this with the mine ride, or are they using the Magic Bands for this purpose now?

I know for a fact that they do the card thing on the mine train, as I saw the stack of them that a cm was straightening out while we were waiting to see if the ride would open back up after being down. This was at the beginning of June.

I've also heard that Disney often inflates ride times anyway for a variety of reasons, so I think this is just part of their standard practice if true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom