7 Dwarfs Cottage Scene -- Can't see it during the day

Sped2424

The original ride had no snow white in it at all, however no one understood why or got that they the riders themselves were supposed to be snow white. So after years of complaining and of course seeing the ride as too frightening. The ride was made far less scary and in order to soften it up snow white was put in.

JohnD

Original Poster
At the risk of derailing the thread, what was changed to make it less scary?

Oh, don't worry about that. This thread, which I started, has been derailed more than once already. ;)

As for Snow White in 7DMT, to get back to the point of the thread, you can't see her or the dwarfs anyway during the day because of the panes in the windows. Here's a thought -- remove the panes.

wilkeliza

Oh, don't worry about that. This thread, which I started, has been derailed more than once already. ;)

As for Snow White in 7DMT, to get back to the point of the thread, you can't see her or the dwarfs anyway during the day because of the panes in the windows. Here's a thought -- remove the panes.

I had no issue seeing them around 11 am one morning. Do you mean during high sun periods between 1-3?

Sped2424

At the risk of derailing the thread, what was changed to make it less scary?
The original attraction had the witch almost in every scene, not to mention the ending involved the old hag winning and lifting a diamond over your head presumably killing the rider. There are a lot more details, the original ride was full on nightmare fuel. Here is a video to show you
And here is the one that finally closed in the magic kingdom.

Magenta Panther

The original attraction had the witch almost in every scene, not to mention the ending involved the old hag winning and lifting a diamond over your head presumably killing the rider. There are a lot more details, the original ride was full on nightmare fuel. Here is a video to show you

DAMN. Nightmare fuel indeed. Especially that ending.

Actually, I kinda like the original. It was a bit tacky-looking, but some nice scary effects. Too bad some of those effects couldn't have been blended in with the updated version in some way. The new version was much too bland.

JohnD

Original Poster

Wow. The original ride WAS intense. I wonder how often parents took their children on this ride instead of HM only to find out this was scarier!

cw1982

Wow. The original ride WAS intense. I wonder how often parents took their children on this ride instead of HM only to find out this was scarier!

That's funny to me, because I went through phases as a kid where I was terrified of HM for some reason, but I honestly don't remember the Snow White ride as being all that scary... and watching this video made me remember that I definitely rode the ride quite a few times when I was little. Go figure!

Sped2424

DAMN. Nightmare fuel indeed. Especially that ending.

Actually, I kinda like the original. It was a bit tacky-looking, but some nice scary effects. Too bad some of those effects couldn't have been blended in with the updated version in some way. The new version was much too bland.
The original was amazing at scary the living crap out of you, having her come out of no where is seriously scary. But I think the newer version still had plenty of charm, so much so I can't help but feel as far as immersion goes anyways that it does the job better than the 7D mine train.

disney4life2008

That's funny to me, because I went through phases as a kid where I was terrified of HM for some reason, but I honestly don't remember the Snow White ride as being all that scary... and watching this video made me remember that I definitely rode the ride quite a few times when I was little. Go figure!

Snow White had scary scenes (per se) I remember the bolt of lightening, the music, it was really an outstanding attraction. I still do not understand why they could not have the old attraction and mine train.

Castle Cake Apologist

Ugh. I forgot how terrifying that originally was. I never had any problems with Haunted Mansion as a kid, but the original SWSA wrecked me.

Mista C

I can remember always waiting for when the witch would come out of the cave on the boat right at your vehicle, and even though I knew it was going to happen, it still always scared the heck out of me.

DonaldDoleWhip

Thanks for posting - that might be the most terrifying thing I've seen since watching The Ring when I was 10. Whose idea was it to put that ride in Fantasyland, without the word "scary" in the title?

Say what you will about the 'toonification' of MK, but I'd choose the Mine Train any day over either version of the Snow White dark ride (especially this drugged out horror version). And for the record, I'm a huge fan of DLP's Phantom Manor (which is darker than HM), but this is just too much. Wow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom