60 Minutes: Florida Before WDW (1972)

Goofyernmost

Very interesting. Thank goodness those 30 mile traffic jams are gone (for the most part).
A few years back, I was in one that stretched from Daytona to Orlando. That was back when I-4 was two lane from there to Orlando. I had the wonderfully great timing to get to the intersection of I-95 and I-4 just after the Daytona 500 completed. It was a long, long ride. Four hours for about 68 miles.

disney4life2008

A few years back, I was in one that stretched from Daytona to Orlando. That was back when I-4 was two lane from there to Orlando. I had the wonderfully great timing to get to the intersection of I-95 and I-4 just after the Daytona 500 completed. It was a long, long ride. Four hours for about 68 miles.

The problem is that we take i4 to avoid the toll roads. The tolls here are a major cash grab

Goofyernmost

The problem is that we take i4 to avoid the toll roads. The tolls here are a major cash grab
I'm not even aware of a toll road from Daytona to Orlando. Where is it? Actually I was just on I-4 about three weeks ago. It was a little slow going when I actually got to Orlando about 3:30pm, but, everything else was clear sailing. Leaving (about 6am) it was peddle to the metal all the way.

Goofyernmost

Ive asked before, but what kind of food was served at the magic kingdom in the 70s?
I cannot speak for the 70's because I wasn't there, but, I can show you a picture of me and my daughters having lunch just outside of Pinocchio Village Haus in 1983. It consisted of prepackaged Italian subs, like you buy at any gas station now, with chips and a coke.
img006.jpg

NOTE: We didn't bring them in... this is what they sold at the counter. Never ever even gave it a thought back then. Sure would be surprised if that was what was being handed out now.

disney4life2008

I cannot speak for the 70's because I wasn't there, but, I can show you a picture of me and my daughters having lunch just outside of Pinocchio Village Haus in 1983. It consisted of prepackaged Italian subs, like you buy at any gas station now, with chips and a coke.
View attachment 193493
NOTE: We didn't bring them in... this is what they sold at the counter. Never ever even gave it a thought back then. Sure would be surprised if that was what was being handed out now.

Wow thanks for sharing. Its interesting because i think even going to McDonald's in the 70s was a big deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom