Trip Report *COMPLETED* 6 Parks, F&W Fest, MNSSHP & One HUGEEE Surprise!!!

Hi everyone! We got back from our Disney vacation two days ago and I am still exhausted and unfortunately sick, but I wanted to jump right into the report because if I don’t do it now, it will never get done!

You can find my pre-trip report here, http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/first-trip-in-6-years-with-a-wdw-first-timer.915675/ but here is a quick recap:

Who: My boyfriend, Mark, and yours truly

What: 5-Day Park Hopper Tickets, Food & Wine Festival, One night at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party, One day at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure and one HUUUUGE surprise, but I’m not giving anything away just yet!! You’ll have to follow along J

When: September 26th-October 3rd

Where: POP Century

Why: Mark’s first trip to Disney, and my first time back since being an AP 6 years ago!

Now that we have the particulars out of the way, let’s dive on in!

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
*cries into my tea*

OMG, you are in for a real treat--that is, if you like short fiction, spooky stories, seeing actors in roles "before they got famous," and the kinds of stories where you think you know where the plot is going and then the story goes a different and very plausible way. It was an anthology TV series where you don't need to have seen the previous week's episode to know what's going on in the current week's episode. Anyone in my generation would have spent their after-school time or their Saturday afternoons being spooked by the stories.

I remember one where the conceit was that a girl had disappeared into a dimensional door in her bedroom and her dad had to go into the wall to get her out. My older sister pranked me after we saw that episode by hiding under our bed and pretending the same had happened to her. I was so mad at her at the time!
I guess I phrased that incorrectly, I know what the Twilight Zone is, I just never had any interest in watching because I am a big fat baby and don't like to be scared, and that show would have freaked me out. I know there are a few Easter Eggs hidden throughout the queue, and those are lost on me since I don't know the show.

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
Our first stop had to be The Hulk. This is one of my favorite roller-coasters and it was closed for refurbishment when we were there this past February and October. The posted wait was only 10 minutes and we still had plenty of time until my family arrived.

Universal 1.jpg

Universal 2.jpg

We can see Hogwarts!
Universal 3.jpg

The new queue is definitely better than it was previously, but it's still just a long twisty line with nothing interactive. It's still a great coaster!

After our rush on The Hulk we made our way back toward the front of IoA to meet the family. We did some window-shopping while on the lookout for a couple souvenirs for Mark's nieces and us!

So much Honeyduke's goodness
Universal 4.jpg

Ravenclaw's diadem
Universal 5.jpg

The cursed necklace Malfoy tried to kill Dumbledore with
Universal 6.jpg

Universal 7.jpg

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
They're here!

My brother didn't want to be left out and decided to come along for the fun. He doesn't really like doing rides and he doesn't care about Harry Potter, but since my sister-in-law can't ride anything he wouldn't have to sit by himself.
They also stopped at Burger King on the way for a breakfast sandwich, and my brother decided to sport his crown. My family is very goofy! My poor sis-in-law had to get a wheelchair because she had such nerve pain from the baby and she wasn't able to walk more than 5 feet without being in severe pain. She hated every second of this.
Universal 1.jpg

My adorable niece! I miss this little girl everyday!
Universal 2.JPG

Universal 3.jpg

Universal 4.JPG

A nice family took our picture after I volunteered to take their picture :)
Universal 5.JPG

Universal 6.JPG

Our next destination was Hogwarts! We had to walk through comic-book lane to get there. I love this area, but it could stand to be updated. Now that Disney owns Marvel I'm curious to see what will happen with this area. Wolverine is one of my favorites!
Universal 7.jpg

This is my brother trying to show his fake excitement to my sis-in-law that we arrived at Hogsmeade. I wish you could see her face, because I can guarantee it looks like this :cool:
Universal 8.jpg

Last edited:

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
Look how beautiful! I get goosebumps every time I walk into Hogsmeade
Hogwarts 1.jpg

Hogwarts 2.jpg

The wait time for the castle was only 20 minutes and this was what we wanted to do first, so my brother, Mark and I all got in line, while my mom, sister and niece waited with our bags.
Hogwarts 3.jpg

Hogwarts 4.jpg

Hogwarts 5.jpg

This is my favorite queue for any ride
Hogwarts 6.jpg

I feel like I'm in one of Professor Sprout's greenhouse's!
Hogwarts 7.jpg

My Hufflepuff with his house animal, the badger
Hogwarts 8.jpg

Hogwarts 9.jpg

Yay! Hufflepuff isn't last! Sorry, Ravenclaws!
Hogwarts 1.jpg

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
Hogwarts 2.jpg

I tried saying "Lemon Drop" but it didn't move for me :(
Hogwarts 3.jpg

This is one of my favorite parts of the queue. I love how the pictures talk
Hogwarts 4.jpg

Helga Hufflepuff
Hogwarts 5.jpg

Dumbledore's office. I walked past the Pensieve the first 4 times on this ride without realizing it was there!
Hogwarts 6.jpg

It's so dark in there, it was hard to get a decent picture with my phone. The line was moving quickly anyways though and I don't like holding people up. I've said this before, a 30-40 minute wait is actually ideal for this ride.
Hogwarts 7.jpg

Now we are in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom
Hogwarts 8.jpg

Ron, Harry & Hermione are helping us hatch a plan to skip out on Professor Binns' history class
Hogwarts 9.jpg

Hogwarts 10.jpg

The first time I rode Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey I was blown away. That was the first ride I had ever experienced like that. I'm still blown away each time and it does such a great job of adding in major elements from several of the movies. I could ride that over and over without getting sick of it.

I had to take this picture to show my sister-in-law. My brother was "pew-pewing" things the entire ride. I won't spoil it for anyone that hasn't ridden it before. I wanted to try and do a funny face, but then I was distracted by a giant scary-something to my right. My eyes are usually closed at this point in the ride :hilarious:
Hogwarts 11.JPG

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
By this point, I was already hungry and we had talked about having lunch at the Three Broomsticks and then eating dinner over at the Leaky Cauldron on the Diagon Alley side, so my plan was to rally the troops for food. I figured the pregnant lady would be hungry again by that point ;)

Before I could even ask everyone if they were hungry, my sister-in-law asked to take a picture of me and Mark in front of the castle with our matching shirts, and then this happened:
Hogsmeade 1.jpg

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had NO idea. Not. A. Clue. To say I was ecstatic is an understatement. :D:D:D:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Since everyone else was in on it, my sister-in-law recorded it for us: :D

It's hard to hear what is going on in the video, but here is a recap: When my sister asked us to stand for a picture, the CM who works at the castle came up to us and commented on our matching shirts. He thought they were very cool because he had never seen them before and then he asked if we were dating. I figured he was just being friendly and he was a fellow Hufflepuff so he probably appreciated the awesomeness of our shirts :)

After he asked if we were dating you can hear Mark say in the video, "Is it that obvious??" and then he hands Mark a bottle of Love Potion to "help keep me". Since we had been at Disney all week, this didn't feel that out of place for an awesome CM to do.

Mark took a swig, and then handed it to me. It was disgusting :p hahah. It was thick and hot from being in his pocket, I imagine. After I took my swig I saw Mark's face which showed how much he didn't like it, so I thought he was just playing a trick on me by getting me to drink that gross stuff...And then he got down on his knee. I couldn't believe it. We literally just bought a house together 1 week before this trip and we agreed we would wait until we were able to save a bit more for a wedding. He said that was all just a ruse!

The whole set up was perfect. I love that he asked in front of Hogwarts since it means so much to both of us, the love potion, having some of my family there, everything. It honestly felt like someone was playing a joke on me.

The love potion was Mark's idea, but my mom helped with that. While we were in the castle, she went and bought it and asked the CM to help out and he was happy to do so, which was awesome! Then, my sister-in-law (who loves Mark and is basically his female twin in terms of personality) told him she would hold his bag while we were on the ride, and that is where the ring was. He had time to grab it from the bag and put it in his pocket before we got onto the Forbidden Journey.

Hogsmeade 2.jpg

At this point my hand is shaking.
Hogsmeade 3.jpg

Hogsmeade 4.jpg

Hogsmeade 5.jpg

I almost started crying, but I kept it together. I was very aware of all the people surrounding me all of a sudden :eek:
Hogsmeade 6.jpg

Hogsmeade 7.jpg

I sent this to all of my girlfriends with the caption: "I didn't even have to Confundus him!!" They are all Potter nerds as well ;)
Hogsmeade 8.jpg

The awesome CM who helped out, and he's a Hufflepuff!!!!!
Hogsmeade 10.jpg

I hope that surprise didn't disappoint as I know many of you have been anxiously waiting. I also have a feeling several of you guessed what the surprise might be ;). All I can say is, @prfctlyximprct I REALLY hope this (but at Disney) happens for you on your upcoming trip!!!

This is where my notes stop for the day, I didn't care about anything else apparently. I was so happy, I wasn't even hungry anymore! I have more pictures, but it was so funny when I went to look back at my notes and they just stop after the castle :hilarious:. We still went to the Three Broomsticks and I ate like 4 bites of my food. Cloud Nine. Mark is a perfect complement for my crazy-goofiness!

sgtbtlbailey

Congratulations!!! Such a sweet proposal. I've been reading this post since the first day and I find myself anxiously refreshing the feed to see if you've added anything. I just finished confessing my guilty obsession with this TR to my sister in law and telling her I had a feeling he was going to propose, but nothing yet. Alas, I refresh again and Voila! What a great memory you'll have to treasure. I have yet to get to Wizarding World, but hope to the next time we hit WDW. I am a Ravenclaw, but my patronus is a dolphin :happy:

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
I'm on my lunch break and work and I'm bawling my eyes out!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! What an awesome surprise! :) :) you need a Harry Potter themed wedding! LOL!!! At least now that your disney planning and trip are over, you can now wedding plan!!!!! :) CONGRATS AGAIN... I won't admit that I'm at all jealous lol
Thank you!!!! After the initial shock wore off, I immediately thought of you and how I hoped that this would be happening for you in just a few weeks! :)
We are absolutely having some Potter elements throughout the wedding! It's a must! It's actually fun to go from one planning escapade to another. Thank goodness I love to party plan! I'll have to update you guys on what the wedding plans turn out to be :)

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
Congratulations
Based on this trip report alone you two are a perfect match and will have many years of happiness together.

but just a minute - when did Jose Bautista become a CM at IOA???

View attachment 171519View attachment 171520
hahahahah I KNEW he looked familiar!!! We wasted time with a proposal when we could have gotten Joey Bats to sign our shirts! :hilarious:

Thank you and thank you for following along this whole time! It was already an unforgettable trip, and then to top it off with getting to marry the best guy ever?! Yes, please!

Second Star to the Right

Original Poster
Congratulations!!! Such a sweet proposal. I've been reading this post since the first day and I find myself anxiously refreshing the feed to see if you've added anything. I just finished confessing my guilty obsession with this TR to my sister in law and telling her I had a feeling he was going to propose, but nothing yet. Alas, I refresh again and Voila! What a great memory you'll have to treasure. I have yet to get to Wizarding World, but hope to the next time we hit WDW. I am a Ravenclaw, but my patronus is a dolphin :happy:
Thank you so much!!! I'm SO glad you have been enjoying the report! It's been a lot of fun writing it, and I've been so anxious to get to this day so I was super excited when I finally got to write up that post today!

You have to find time to go to the Wizarding World!! It will not disappoint. You can spend your whole day wandering between the two worlds just looking at all of the details and not even do a single ride and you won't be disappointed. Plus, the butterbeer is amazing. As is the firewhiskey with hard cider. YUM! My sister-in-law is a Ravenclaw and hooray Dolphin patronuses! :)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I fell a bit behind and have a bunch of comments, but have to comment first on the most recent post--congratulations!!!! What a great proposal! Since you were hoping for a Disney proposal, doing it at Universal probably had your guard a little down, and considering your shared HP-nerdiness, an even more awesome location that is special to both of you! And how neat that your family was there. Well done, Mark!

Now then, on to the remarks on your earlier posts. :p

I think I take this picture every single time I am on this ride

I take a picture of the Wicked Witch AA every single time I'm on that ride. ;)

It took a lot of effort to look bored. Mark's face is great, but no one beats the girl directly in front of me. Her face is AH-mazing. I might have just convinced myself to buy the digital copy.

The woman next to her (in front of Mark) looks angry about something. :joyfull:

Recap on Day 4: I don't do well when people mess with my plans, and staying up past 2 a.m. two nights in a row just to get back up at 7 a.m. is not a good way to avoid crankiness. DHS was by far the busiest park of the trip, and it's a shame because there was still several things we didn't do: Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, The Frozen Sing-a-long Celebration, Fantasmic, the Star Wars fireworks, and TSM to name a few. I also wanted to get a PB&J milkshake from the 50's Prime Time Café Tune In Lounge, and I REALLY wanted a cupcake from Starring Rolls Café. These are all things that will be added to my "must-do" list the next time we go. I figured pure adrenaline would have kept me going, but the heat and exhaustion finally set in. The nap really did help, so I'm glad we made the decision to leave instead of trying to stick it out and see more attractions.

I'm thinking good thing for the Bongos waiter that you took that nap. Can you imagine how you would have reacted to him if you'd been full-on cranky? :eek:;):angelic:

My Harry Potter arm-candy

Love those! Of course, the yet-to-come finger-adornment is equally awesome. :cool:

The line was moving quickly anyways though and I don't like holding people up. I've said this before, a 30-40 minute wait is actually ideal for this ride.

Same here. The one time I got to ride Forbidden Journey, it was a walk-on. We went through the queue so fast, I didn't get to experience most of the cool stuff. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom