5th major park (Open Brainstorming)

grimghost999

Original Poster
I know that for a LONG time, people have asked "When is there ever going to be a 5th major park? They have the land, so why can't they just create one?".

I've wonder this for a while to, and i've come up with some good ideas on what the park's theme could be

• a "graveyard" park for all the extinct attractions throughout WDW history (mabey a land for each park?)
  • a foreign park that showcases all the attractions from Disney parks around the world that aren't all ready in WDW (Journey to the Center of the Earth, Phantom Mannor, etc.)
  • a park where each land is based on a type of movie or a time in Disney history when a certain type of movie was more popular (Pixar Place would probably have to be moved from HS)

Anyway, this is an open brainstorming, so I would like to see your ideas, if their new ideas, or even new ones on what to put in a new theme park.

goofy donald

Good idea right there! I think if someone from Disney had to chose a new park, THAT would be it!

I would actually prefer if that didn't happen, I like that Disney has some attractions that are not movie related, some of them are the best and most iconic the park has as the imagineers are not limited to the design by a movie. If I were to suggest a 5th gate I think a couple of possibilities would work well:

- The rumored villain park. A more teen-adult themed park with lots of big thrill rides and a scary night component
- The world of toon town. Take a train ride through the imagination portal to the real cartoon home of mickey mouse, the entire park would be like you were transplanted directly into the animation. As a side note, could be the possible home of a marvel development if Disney ever wanted to act on the rights they own.

just a few options I thought of on the top of my head :)

redshoesrock

I personally don't think they have any plans to build a fifth park at WDW; there's plenty of space in the existing four for improvement. If they were to go ahead with a fifth park, I suspect they'll go the niche park route like SeaWorld's Discovery Cove with their Disney's Jungle Trek.

goofy donald

I personally don't think they have any plans to build a fifth park at WDW; there's plenty of space in the existing four for improvement. If they were to go ahead with a fifth park, I suspect they'll go the niche park route like SeaWorld's Discovery Cove with their Disney's Jungle Trek.

I completely agree with your first statement. After Magic kingdom's update not much more can be done in that park, however Epcot has room for expansion in the showcase and essentially half of future world requiring immediate attention. As well Hollywood studios is essentially a broken park right now that needs some serious love and attention, and Animal kingdom is a great concept with tons of room for expansion. Don't even start on the ghost town that is downtown Disney,and the fact that absolutely 0 people go to wide world of sports unless they have to not to mention all the repairs and touch ups all around the world. Fact of the matter is that laundry list should last at least 10-15 years before they even consider a 5th gate. that being said I don't think the 5th gate will be a jungle trek type concept, i think the furthest Disney will go into that is the new tour and the animal kingdom park, another animal park wouldn't make sense for them I don't believe.

flavious27

I have been sweet on the idea of a 5th gate being based on literature, comics and graphic novels, with a name of Disney's Land of Imagination. The entry plaza would be a london street themed to sherlock holmes and sweeney todd. The wenie for the park will be the jefferson building of the library of congress.

Disday

I believe that the Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek "thing" is dead, at least I hope it is. I think that if they try to nickel and dime us with a pricey animal park with no real rides they're in for trouble. I could see them closing it nearly as fast as they closed the Disney Institute.:)

ScorpionX

Here'es what I think what the land layout should be if we go through with Disney's Land of Imagination.
  • a Port of Entry-type area
  • an area based on children's books
  • an area based on the myths and legends of Ancient Egypt
  • an area based on The Lord of the Rings
  • an area based on the works of Mark Twain
  • an area based on graphic novels (ie Captain Underpants, Diary of a Wimpy Kid)
  • an area based on Marvel comic books

flavious27

Here'es what I think what the land layout should be if we go through with Disney's Land of Imagination.
  • a Port of Entry-type area
  • an area based on children's books
  • an area based on the myths and legends of Ancient Egypt
  • an area based on The Lord of the Rings
  • an area based on the works of Mark Twain
  • an area based on graphic novels (ie Captain Underpants, Diary of a Wimpy Kid)
  • an area based on Marvel comic books

I can see that working, though I think they will not have Twain in a 5th gate and also MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom