5th Gate

Adam N

Original Poster
So sorry if this thread lies somewhere else already, didn't see it. Although, I didn't look terribly hard. Anyways, what would your idea for a fifth gate be? We have MK, EP, DHS, and DAK. They range in their storytelling and what Disney could achieve with them.

My idea? A villains park. Done as MK but super dark, kinda like Epic Mickey.

Disneyhead'71

can-of-worms.jpg

ArtificialArtist

It would most likely be DisneySea. As far as i know it was discussed back when Tokyo DisneySea was still in the planning stages. However, back then AK was still too "fresh" and it was decided (rumored) to concentrate on the existing theme parks instead. I'm surprised this is even a topic now as DHS (and Epcot) did not get the necessary attention. Building a new park now would be bad timing.

First priority should be (and people say this for 15 years now)
1. Master plan for extended Monorail system with increased traffic flow. (including a connection to all parks and the rumored new park) and an interconnected nighttime service running between hotels and the nightlife entertainment areas.

2. Replace team in creative control over Epcot with a more experimental mix of younger people who are closer to today's technology. (It's EPCOT, not Oldcot (and neither New Fantasyland)) They might think Frozen will raise Epcot's overall annual attendance, but a proper done redesign of attractions and infrastructure, with sticking to the original Epcot concept, would raise overall attendance by more than a third over the next decade. Frozen will only bring a short term success and it will raise attendance only by 5-9%

3. Pick up a $650,000,000 budget for Epcot and update the park to a more modern standard, plus a general redesign of the entrance. But not without staying true to its original concept (Epcot taught me a lot when i was a kid, it's outright unfair to the younger generations to get more dumbed down "edutainment" with each passing year)

4. More "simple" leisure entertainment and free recreational areas around the Resort area.

5. Make sure to keep all 4 park concepts unique towards each other (Frozen in Epcot... will just transfer Epcot into a second MK.. Magic Kingdom Mark II :D )

6. Once attendance numbers stabilize again, start construction on park no. 5
(the site should be about halfway between MK and Epcot)

So my idea, my guess, is DisneySea.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So sorry if this thread lies somewhere else already, didn't see it. Although, I didn't look terribly hard. Anyways, what would your idea for a fifth gate be? We have MK, EP, DHS, and DAK. They range in their storytelling and what Disney could achieve with them.

You seriously didn't see any other threads about a 5th gate?
image.jpg

rob0519

They can't maintain four parks nor properly fill at least two if not three of them with adequate rides and attractions. Can you imagine how far the maintenance standards would drop if there was a fifth park to neglect?

Tom

Beta Return
They can't maintain four parks nor properly fill at least two if not three of them with adequate rides and attractions. Can you imagine how far the maintenance standards would drop if there was a fifth park to neglect?

And they wouldn't hire any new CMs to run it....they'd just redistribute all the current CMs.

Wegerter

I think that right now the focas should be on the existing parks, but once the 50th anaversary rolls around. I think we could see a 5th park

Sam Magic

To get this thread going and hopefully bringing on some more guys on this is what I would like to see in a fifth gate:

I would like to see a Disney Sea park, not an exact replica of Tokyo Disney Sea, but something combining history and adventure. Maybe a focus on the great Water Empires.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think they should build a 5th gate that would solve Magic Kingdom's crowd problem. To do this they should build a second Magic Kingdom that is an exact copy of the first. Then they would have all the transportation automatically take people to one of the other so that the crowds stay balanced.

Sam Magic

I think they should build a 5th gate that would solve Magic Kingdom's crowd problem. To do this they should build a second Magic Kingdom that is an exact copy of the first. Then they would have all the transportation automatically take people to one of the other so that the crowds stay balanced.
Yeah because DHS, DAK, and EPCOT already do that fantastically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom