50th wedding anniversary dining ideas

KCF44

Original Poster
We have a large group. My in-laws whom will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary, my SIL, BIL, 2 nephews, nephew's girlfriend, our 3 year old, my husband and I. We are staying off-site. On my in-laws anniversary we would like to go out to eat. We would love to go somewhere nice but not break the bank. Is there a place around Orlando that you would recommend? The in-laws are meat and potato kind of people. My husband suggested a good buffet but I'm not sure about that. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. We are staying at Sheraton Vistana Villages on International Drive.

We will be going to Disney during our stay but will take a day off from parks on their anniversary to celebrate as a family.

Last edited:

zurgandfriend

If they are meat and potato folks how about Shula's, Yachtsman or California Grill. You can get a good steak at any of them. At the California Grill you can also watch Wishes from the roof of the Contemporary. Other choices for a fun time for all in the group are the Hoop De Doo Revue, Whispering Canyon or the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Last edited:

Hockey89

If they are meat and potato folks how about Shula's, Yachtsman or California Grill. You can get a good steak at any of them. At the California Grill you can also watch Wishes from the roof od the Contemporary. Other choices for a fun time for all in the group are the Hoop De Doo Revue, Whispering Canyon or the 50's Prime Time Cafe.
If they don't want to break the bank, Shula's, Yachtsman or California Grill are terrible ideas...

Nemo14

If they are meat and potato folks how about Shula's, Yachtsman or California Grill. You can get a good steak at any of them. At the California Grill you can also watch Wishes from the roof od the Contemporary. Other choices for a fun time for all in the group are the Hoop De Doo Revue, Whispering Canyon or the 50's Prime Time Cafe.
If they don't want to break the bank, Shula's, Yachtsman or California Grill are terrible ideas...
The OP also mentioned that they will be taking a day off from the parks to celebrate the anniversary, so that would also eliminate 50's Prime Time Cafe. Hoop De Doo Revue might be their best choice for an on-property meal, but it sounds like they might be looking off-site too.

Last edited:

KCF44

Original Poster
Looked up Hoop De Doo Revue and even though it looks fun, I'm not sure if the family would like it. They are coming from Pigeon Forge where they see a lot of dinner shows. I could be wrong, they may enjoy it. I'll put that in with suggestions.

zurgandfriend

If you are thinking offsite consider Texas de Brazil a Brazilian steakhouse or "churrascaria." This is where the waiters walk around with skewers of different cuts of meat and carve it off the skewer at your table. It's expensive but very good.

HouCuseChickie

Sanaa may seem a bit too exotic if they are meat and potatoes type people, but I had my super picky eater friend take her family there and she was pleasantly surprised with the options and how they were willing to accommodate her less involved tastes. The setting is pretty neat/special to me and the prices are decent for the quality of food you get.

GrammieBee

We would suggest Cookes of Dublin in Downtown Disney. It is a very nice meat and potatoes kind of place with an Irish twist. Most entrees are the same for lunch and dinner and are under $20.00. They also have a children's menu.

If the budget allows for more, one of our favorite restaurants, Raglan Road, is right next store with many dinner entree prices running in the upper teens to the upper twenties. Raglan Road also has entertainment on some evenings. Raglan Road is quiet at lunch time, but can become rather active in the evenings. You can find both of their menues on allears.net.

Somehow, to us, a buffet meal does not sound quite classy enough to celebrate a 50th. anniversary. Just our opinion.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I would high recommend Villa De Flora at Gaylord Palms. It is one of the best, if not the best, buffet in Orlando. Great food, great servers, and it handles large groups very well. The place is a destination in itself to visit as well.

Pics of the restaurant in the atrium at http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/gaylord-palms-resort/gallery/18dec2008-gaylords-palm-restaurants.htm

I agree and didn't think of this one. And I'd give your group some time to look around. The Christmas Ice that starts in November is worth a day out of Disney, kids would never forget. The buffet is a cut above most Disney Buffets, more relaxed too and the service has been excellent and attentive for a buffet. Just noisy enough so a child isn't really heard but not loud by any means, you can actually carry on a conversation at the table and the tables are spread out so you are not elbow to elbow with other groups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom