50's PT/Sci Fi Dine in

Which do you like better? Sci Fi Dine in or 50's Prime Time?

• Total voters

foxfamily238

Original Poster
My husband, daughter and I have a trip planned for early December. We are thinking of trying to get a reservation for 50's PT and/or Sci Fi Dine in. Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions? Which might be better, favorite foods, better for lunch or dinner, etc.? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

belledream

I like the food at 50's better. There's just something irresistible about pot roast and fried chicken. That being said, the themeing of the restaurant is probably less popular than that if Sci Fi. (Eating in "your parents kitchen" vs. sitting in a car "outside under the stars" watching movies). Food at Sci Fi isn't bad - just doesn't give me the same cravings.

ChubbyK

Prime Time is one of my favorites..I usually get the meatloaf but recently I have been getting the sampler platter instead
Meatloaf,fried chicken, and pot roast plus sides....You can't go wrong there .

JIMINYCR

Both places are fun to dine at, each has its distinct, fun theming. Food wise I'd give 50s a better rating for menu choices and food quality. The interaction you'll get with your server there can be fun and entertaining. Sci-Fi Fi dining with the old fashioned drive in theming and movie clips will also give you a fun out of the ordinary dining experience. If you do have the option of fitting both in on your trip... do it. If its a choice of one or the other... go with 50s. 50s does have a great sampler plate so you can try a bit of their best dishes. At Sci Fi I enjoy the reuben and the Oreo cookie milk shake.

aw14

I have been to both and would return to both again. However, if forced to choose 1 I would choose 50's. the food is strong at both places, but the servers at 50s can be very entertaining. Especially if you get "mama". She was a blast.

JS514

Seems as though I'm contrary to everyone here, but I don't particularly care for 50's food...it's fine, but I'd rank it about average. Sci-Fi is always a must do for us on our trips. I personally like the food much better than 50's and I feel like the atmosphere is 10 times better at Sci-Fi.

But, as you can see, everybody has their own opinions! I'd look over the menus and have your family decide what has more choices for their tastes and go with that.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We liked 50's PT. Just don't go if you're planning to be anonymous. We had just sat down after checking in when the hostess stuck her head into the lounge and (literally) screamed out my name, saying my table was ready. It felt like being solo on stage in a white-hot spotlight.

Last edited:

danyoung56

Choosing between these two spots is more about the experience than the food. If you like dining in a mock-nighttime setting, similar to the Blue Bayou in Disneyland, while old-time horror trailers are playing on the big screen, then Sci-Fi is right for you. If you enjoy dining in your mom's kitchen while the waitstaff screws with you about cleaning your plate and taking your elbows off the table, then 50's is the place.

I dined at 50's once a few years ago, and it wasn't a good experience. The "cousin" that was waiting on me didn't know when to stop, and moved from fun tweaking into hard harassment. I was a tired park stormer, and didn't appreciate not being able to relax and enjoy my dinner without constant nagging. Others might be into that, but it didn't work for me.

I had awesome memories of going to 50s as a child, but on this last trip it was the worst meal of our trip. Our waitress just didn't get into it at all. In fact, we barely saw her. It looked like other tables with different servers were having fun, so I I guess it is just the luck of the draw.

They also accidentally brought my daughter the adult size portion of chicken and dumplings and I had to get the check fixed...glad I looked closely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom