50 MAGICal Enhancements for the 50th ...

Daveeeeed

Today's a good day to be alive (even...) for a Disney fan: from the casual fans to the die-hands like myself (and most of us here on this forum).

We're getting updates for Mission: Space, BTM, Peter Pan etc. At least 2 new nighttime shows (maybe a parade?:cyclops:) about a dozen new rides -- a half dozen which are E-tickets mind you, in the upcoming years.

And to boot we're getting a far more innovative transportation system that nobody saw coming (except for possibly @marni1971 :p). That paired with the various road projects to boot.

And throughout other parts of the company, they're creating the best Star Wars films in decades, they've created the most complex superhero franchise in existence, and have brought back Walt Disney Animation with the best movies since the last century. PIXAR is having a fairly good streak too! Oh... and did I mention the nostalgia remakes (some of which are surprisingly good!), and Pirates 5, which looks to reinvigorate the tales of Captain Jack Sparrow.

While we may disagree on how they're running things, there's not really a point in not enjoying what's to come. I don't want IPs in EPCOT or whatever is happening, but I'll be very happy when I can go and ride a breathtaking new ride with my family and friends.

I hope we all can accept that change is happening, and instead of rueing for what once was, just smile when you look at the past.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What are you referring to when you mentioned updates to Peter Pan and BTM (Big Thunder Mountain?)?
I think he was referring to the first post in the thread:
Things that have been suggested to me as either happening or likely happening are (just some examples here):

BTMRR getting the enhancements in the tunnel that DL and DLP did;
WDW RR getting a few little scenes along the tracks;
CoP getting a new ending and an overall freshening;
Small World getting the Disney characters;
ToT getting enhanced effects in the drop shafts;

Other attractions I've heard might see some extra love are Peter Pan, Mansion, SSE, AA, Nemo, etc.

Kman101

It may be. I don't know but after Iger killed off Hand-drawn animation after PatF I swore off WDAS for good and I have more or less kept that promise.

Zootopia and Inside Out are fantastic films. I was personally surprised at how good they were. Skipping Cars 3? Sure I get that, but these movies are good. It's a shame you have the stance you do. You're missing out. But I can respect you standing by what you've said you would do :/

HMF

Here's my wish for a 50th Mansion redo: start over with the attic scene. Change the bride figure, redo the whole room, drop the entire "marriage gone wrong" subplot... Or just revert it to the old bridge figure who actually was eerie looking.
I can pretty much guarantee you that will likely never happen.

HMF

Agreed. The original bride was terrifying.
The WDW Mansion has had four different Brides throughout it's history.Which one do you consider terrifying?
CmW-5QK8MFmPCCI21rS6_ast92f1gN2njadMdCx7qZa32wppIv5MRCWoLVvKtfsI0cAKtqForCd2VfIjqe-f74XphBairvDmKUZh1h9j-pSXr6Z4V3a-ijhA0PQvWmbWwLt3kqs_3g=s0-d

RyMickey

I've somewhat thoroughly read all 21 pages thus far and no one's mentioned the original post's comments about "AA" which I'm assuming is The American Adventure? Watching the final video this trip it struck me as awfully dated -- nothing like ending on a shot of Lance Armstrong (shortly after Tiger Woods popped up on screen). Is it wrong that I'm as excited as this update as anything else mentioned?

Is there something else "AA" could stand for that I'm missing?

999th Happy Haunt

Here's my wish for a 50th Mansion redo: start over with the attic scene. Change the bride figure, redo the whole room, drop the entire "marriage gone wrong" subplot... Or just revert it to the old bridge figure who actually was eerie looking.

And bring back the legitimately scary pop-up ghosts! I used to dread/love those things as a kid.

Also Hatbox Ghost once you exit the attic.

Nmoody1

I can't really comment on how the Shanghai Pirates looks in person but from the youtube vids it looks a bit screen heavy.

There are screens..But i wouldn't say it's screen heavy. The sets are amazing and the transition between physical sets and screens is done very well.

njDizFan

I'm trying to keep a list of all rumored updates. Some of these are very far fetched but here you go.

50 for the 50th

Not included in this list: DVC or resort updates/additions

Epcot Spine improvements or transportation infrastructure

Not sure how they would consider new lands (i.e SWL as 1 addition or each attraction separately)

1. WS addition #1

2. WS addition #2

3. Ride in new WS pavilion

4. UK attraction

5. American Adventure update

6. Innoventions updates

7. Illuminations updates

8. LwtL update

9. Rat in France

10. Seas with Nemo upgrade

11. Circle of life replacement

12. China movie update

13. GotG in Energy

14. M:S update

15. SWL

16. TSL

17. Mickey LPS ride in GMR

18. Animation Courtyard updates

19. Star Tours change/update

20. ToT getting new effects

21. Pandora

22. Flights of Wonder enhancements/additions

23. Fol getting a retheme/additions

24. Gondola transportation

25. Small World character enhancement

26. Peter Pan façade

27. Philharmagic updates

28. BTM updates

29. CoP final scene change

30. Stitch replacement

31. Speedway changes

32. Tomorrowland attraction

33. Frontierland attraction

34. RR screens

35. New parade

36. New pyro show

37. Space Mountain update

38. HM enhancements

39. Pirates Enhancements

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom