50 MAGICal Enhancements for the 50th ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Who?

With regards to Iger, if we're going to give him credit for fixing DHS and Epcot can we criticize him for letting them get to their current states in the first place?

Yes we can, I don't know about fixing EPCOT because over at DHS the budget cuts began at TSL (which is ugly in its best implementation) before the first piece of steel was delivered.

At this rate Orlando SWL will be a couple of stores and a restaurant with a couple of plywood AT-AT cutouts in the background

Bocabear

Does anyoner actually know anything about the Millenium Falcon attraction? Is it just going to be a walk-through have your picture taken at the helm kind of thing"? That is sort of what I see them building, because if it is each and every person piloting their own Millenium Falcon the capacity would be next to nil. With the Battle Escape being the big attraction, I can't imagine the second being of the same scale.

Kman101

I keep seeing people whine about hating Star Wars and how it's taking over. It is? Where? Because DHS has a few lame-o offerings? Because we're getting two e-tickets in two years? How is that too much? We're not looking forward to an incredible land and attractions because it's "too much"? Yet here we are talking about it. I don't see Star Wars invading Animal Kingdom. Or Epcot.

I want more original Disney properties represented, too, but Star Wars deserves it's place.

WildcatDen

By time Iger's done you will need to PAY people to watch a SW movie. Hey I skipped them and going to see them would have been FREE'
Can someone please start a spreadsheet of Exploders predictions. We can call it the "Ravings of a Lost Soul"
We can start with:
* WDW will cease to exist in 2016, or was it 2017? 2018? Before the 2nd Coming? After the 2nd Coming?
*Pandora will not be worth a visit
*Star Wars land will not be built
*Disney will need to pay people to see Star Wars movies. . .
*etc.

Last edited:

Mawg

So, is it really going to be 50? What if they only get to 49? What if they get to 50 and realize there are a few more enhancements needed, can't do it, we'll be over 50. Sounds dumb to me.

HMF

I keep seeing people whine about hating Star Wars and how it's taking over. It is? Where? Because DHS has a few lame-o offerings? Because we're getting two e-tickets in two years? How is that too much? We're not looking forward to an incredible land and attractions because it's "too much"? Yet here we are talking about it. I
Most of the concern about Star Wars "Taking over" are in regards to it's unfortunate placement in Disneyland Park. Anyone with two functioning brain cells can see how badly it's needed at DHS. Granted DHS should have never been in the shape it's in to begin with but that's another argument.

CaptainAmerica

So, is it really going to be 50? What if they only get to 49? What if they get to 50 and realize there are a few more enhancements needed, can't do it, we'll be over 50. Sounds dumb to me.
The "50" part of it is a marketing gimmick. The reality is that they're doing a bunch of crap that needs to be done and they're going to count to 50 so they can make a press release about it.

Most of the concern about Star Wars "Taking over" are in regards to it's unfortunate placement in Disneyland Park. Anyone with two functioning brain cells can see how badly it's needed at DHS. Granted DHS should have never been in the shape it's in to begin with but that's another argument.
Yes.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
H
Let's face it... enhancements 40- 50 will be things like adding a golden mickey head onto the Churro cart... there will probably only be 20 or so real substantial enhancements...if there are even that many.
Heck I will take 20 good enhancements if the other 30 get rides, parks, resorts, and entertainment back up to propper show quality and maintenance that has been lacking in recent years. The question is does this level of maintenance and show end after the 50th?

They really need to keep the investment going. The Resort NEEDS new attractions not rip and replace. Others have said something similar but in my opinion a new E-ticket should be opening in each park every ten years. That's a new e-ticket in WDW ever 2/2.5 years, it spreads the draw and keeps the parks relevent. With that every park should have a new (Non-E-ticket) attraction every 4 years. Meaning something new every year in one of the parks. Beyond this they should also have major expansions going on outside of this time frame (for example star wars land would count as a major addition but not part of its normal investment schedule)

I guess what I am saying is that I am very excited to see all of the love the parks are getting. I think Pandora and Star Wars are going to be just mind blowing. I am very excited that Martin and Spirit and the other people in the know have positive (and some times seem excited) things to say about future plans even if they do not agree with placement or IP. I just don't want it to fall back to the low maintenance stagnant way WDW was managed the last 10+years, I want to see if followed through with well after the 50th.

Now for those of you still with me after my little rant I do want to thank all the people in the know who share what they can here. I have just always been in awe of the logistics, planning, technology, ect. That it takes to manage a property of this size and appreciate the insight and the behind the scenes info people here provide. Thank you.

RobbinsDad

H

Heck I will take 20 good enhancements if the other 30 get rides, parks, resorts, and entertainment back up to propper show quality and maintenance that has been lacking in recent years. The question is does this level of maintenance and show end after the 50th?

They really need to keep the investment going. The Resort NEEDS new attractions not rip and replace. Others have said something similar but in my opinion a new E-ticket should be opening in each park every ten years. That's a new e-ticket in WDW ever 2/2.5 years, it spreads the draw and keeps the parks relevent. With that every park should have a new (Non-E-ticket) attraction every 4 years. Meaning something new every year in one of the parks. Beyond this they should also have major expansions going on outside of this time frame (for example star wars land would count as a major addition but not part of its normal investment schedule)

I guess what I am saying is that I am very excited to see all of the love the parks are getting. I think Pandora and Star Wars are going to be just mind blowing. I am very excited that Martin and Spirit and the other people in the know have positive (and some times seem excited) things to say about future plans even if they do not agree with placement or IP. I just don't want it to fall back to the low maintenance stagnant way WDW was managed the last 10+years, I want to see if followed through with well after the 50th.

Now for those of you still with me after my little rant I do want to thank all the people in the know who share what they can here. I have just always been in awe of the logistics, planning, technology, ect. That it takes to manage a property of this size and appreciate the insight and the behind the scenes info people here provide. Thank you.
Agree. Gaining attractions based on IP is better than no new attractions. It's overlays and diminished experiences due to budget constraints that bother me.

Bacon

PhilharMagic getting an update sounds great. Much needed! Long overdue. I enjoy it, but it's time. Wonder what would get cut for the newer properties? Would it be an update of the show itself or a whole new show and name?
More then likely the show will stay as "Philharmagic"
And the scenes that would get cut are probably
Aladdin and Lion king.
Be our guest probably wouldn't be touched cause of the financial success of the live action film. And little mermaid is still fairly popular with young girls.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
By the time Bob actually leave he will have rebuilt HS, AK and Epcot and added major improvements to MK. This along with Disney Springs and thounds more hotel rooms and DVCs. If only he could build their 7th gate using Universals numbering system. Yes, he will go down as the second best leader in The Walt Disney Company history.

Umm... "rebuilt HS, AK and Epcot"?? "major improvements to MK"??? Wow, the pixie dust is strong with this one...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This type of show lends itself well to frequent scene changes, but alas ;)

Precisely this show could have dozens of
of versions with no changes needed to the infrastructure you could even replace the signs with screeens and change up the posters in the pre show area.

Does Disney do this no because it costs too much and frankly no one in TDO or Burbank gives a damn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom