50 MAGICal Enhancements for the 50th ...

DznyRktekt

upload_2017-3-23_20-44-14.png

Well everything sucks as usual. :rolleyes:

TTA94

Any chance they could overhaul pirates with the Shanghai version? Though I believe someone had said once there wouldn't be enough space?

Mike S

By the time Bob actually leave he will have rebuilt HS, AK and Epcot and added major improvements to MK. This along with Disney Springs and thounds more hotel rooms and DVCs. If only he could build their 7th gate using Universals numbering system. Yes, he will go down as the second best leader in The Walt Disney Company history.
If you live in the U.K. there are ads that say WDW has 6 parks so...

DDLand

Any chance they could overhaul pirates with the Shanghai version? Though I believe someone had said once there wouldn't be enough space?
Shanghai's Pirates is MASSIVE. It's hard to communicate the scale. It's just enormous. Inside you're just in constant awe at the size of the thing. I'd give you a comparison at WDW for reference, but honestly there aren't any Dark Rides that are so ambitious and massive as Shanghai's Pirates. What comes closest may actually be the Dino section of Energy Adventure. Scene upon scene on that scale with an unprecedented level of detail and cutting edge technology.

It was the first time in my life that I was left in awe because of the scale and technology of something. Disney did it.

The ride is also more than just Pirates upgraded, it's ride pacing and design down to perfection. Even if there was enough space (which there isn't) the existing building would be extremely constraining and would ultimately make an inferior experience from a ride design standpoint.

Not to mention the thing would easily cost hundreds of millions.

Instead of thinking about Shanghai, I'd be getting excited for the Battle Escape attraction at Hollywood Studios. Judging by the scale of the AT-ATs and building, we should be in for a mind blowing treat that could easily rival (and dare I say exceed) Battle for the Sunken Treasure.

That will be Disneyland and Walt Disney World's new pinnacle. Also I want to add Bob Iger has no taste. He apparently prefers the Millennium Falcon ride to Battle Escape... Well one's probably FAR easier to recreate in a lab, but still! :rolleyes::jawdrop:;)

Last edited:

HMF

Shanghai's Pirates is MASSIVE. It's hard to communicate the scale. It's just enormous. Inside you're just in constant awe at the size of the thing. I'd give you a comparison at WDW for reference, but honestly there aren't any Dark Rides that are so ambitious and massive as Shanghai's Pirates. What comes closest may actually be the Dino section of Energy Adventure. Scene upon scene on that scale with an unprecedented level of detail with cutting edge tech.

It was the first time in my life that I was left in awe of the scale and technology on display.

The ride is also more than just Pirates upgraded, it's ride pacing and design down to perfection. Even if there was enough space (which there isn't) the existing building would be extremely constraining and would ultimately make an inferior experience from a ride design standpoint.

Not to mention the thing would easily cost hundreds of millions.

Instead of thinking about Shanghai, I'd be getting excited for the Battle Escape attraction at Hollywood Studios. Judging by the scale of the AT-ATs and building, we should be in for a mind blowing treat that could easily rival (and dare I say exceed) Battle for the Sunken Treasure.

That will be Disneyland and Walt Disney World's new pinnacle. Also I want to add Bob Iger has no taste. He apparently prefers the Millennium Falcon ride to Battle Escape... Well one's probably FAR easier to recreate in a lab, but still! :rolleyes::jawdrop:;)
I can't really comment on how the Shanghai Pirates looks in person but from the youtube vids it looks a bit screen heavy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Shanghai's Pirates is MASSIVE. It's hard to communicate the scale. It's just enormous. Inside you're just in constant awe at the size of the thing. I'd give you a comparison at WDW for reference, but honestly there aren't any Dark Rides that are so ambitious and massive as Shanghai's Pirates. What comes closest may actually be the Dino section of Energy Adventure. Scene upon scene on that scale with an unprecedented level of detail with cutting edge tech.

Shanghai's PotC occupies 4.2 acres (complex including restrooms and stores). MK's PotC occupies 2.4 acres (including queue and store).

There definitely is 1.8 acres of expansion space behind MK's PotC if you do some extra hand waving to hide it from the train route and avoid the sink holes @marni1971 says is back there and reroute an access road around it. If you do that, you may even get another 2 acres of expansion pad access through there.

DisneyFan 2000

By the time Bob actually leave he will have rebuilt HS, AK and Epcot and added major improvements to MK. This along with Disney Springs and thounds more hotel rooms and DVCs. If only he could build their 7th gate using Universals numbering system. Yes, he will go down as the second best leader in The Walt Disney Company history.
This post is wrong on so many levels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom