50 MAGICal Enhancements for the 50th ...

RSoxNo1

I know there's a strong contingent here arguing for this, but where would you place it in Epcot?

Just curious... and I think there is a correct answer.
I would put it as a transition attraction between Future World and World Showcase. Assuming all land is suitable I could see it around the Odyssey, but I think the Imagination side of Showcase Plaza is more appropriate.

the.dreamfinder

I would put it as a transition attraction between Future World and World Showcase. Assuming all land is suitable I could see it around the Odyssey, but I think the Imagination side of Showcase Plaza is more appropriate.
I was thinking southern half of the one of the communicore/innoventions buildings, if not that space, with a new version of CoP across the way.

HauntedMansionFLA

Sounds great. In my opinion, EPCOT has the potential to work the new FastPass Plus if proper investment in attraction. If (a big if) Disney would put rides in all of WS and update future world, the park is huge and could spread the crowds out nicely.

ElvisMickey

Speaking of the convention space I was by myself wandering the resort a month ago and really wanted to ask the staff where the Nixon "I am not a crook" speech took place. Then I realized that I was probably the only person in Orlando at the time that thought it would be cool to be in that spot and take a selfie.

If you never figured it out, it was in the Ballroom Of The America's. And nope...I've done it ha ha! Not only am I into Disney, but history as well. Anyway, sometimes you can get lucky and the door will be open with no one in there.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That's why I don't like the hotel-themed hotels. Yacht, Beach, Boardwalk, Contemporary, and Grand? Boooooring. I don't want to go to Disney to stay in a hotel themed like a hotel. No thanks, I'll stick with AKL and WL (and Poly if I can ever afford it).

Too late on Poly, The average Hampton has better 'theming'.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If you never figured it out, it was in the Ballroom Of The America's. And nope...I've done it ha ha! Not only am I into Disney, but history as well. Anyway, sometimes you can get lucky and the door will be open with no one in there.

Unintentionally you have made a HUGE point, At one time when WDW was affordable to most middle class americans to some degree and it was run under Walt's ideals WDW was THE place in america, It was 'America's Resort' Nixon gave his speech there, The Beatles broke up at the Poly. It was the place to 'Be Seen'

Now it's considered fit for only the 'Honey Boo Boo' class and separating south amercans from their dollars and pricies have never been higher or quality lower. And it's executives would never be caught dead visiting the parks.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
With BatB making massive bank ($$$$$$) and the company wanting to put it everywhere in the parks, will Storybook circus at WDW get a makeover after Tim Burton's Dumbo becomes another Live Action Hit?

We'll see how well it does after opening weekend. And 'Dumbo'? To me, that has "huge flop" written all over it. I wouldn't expect Storybook Circus to get any attention, since it's only a few years old at this point anyway, and there are many, many other things for money to be spent on.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Didn't see this thread until last night. Did I miss much? I've only read to page 3...

The only new information is the rumored marketing plan to name 50 updates/additions (and not just fixes) as part of the 50th Anniversary Celebration. This could be anything from including new Lands to adding more dolls in IaSM. The possible things mentioned that might be on the list are known rumors. The rest is people expressing what they hope would be on the list... and then arguing about it.

HMF

We'll see how well it does after opening weekend. And 'Dumbo'? To me, that has "huge flop" written all over it. I wouldn't expect Storybook Circus to get any attention, since it's only a few years old at this point anyway, and there are many, many other things for money to be spent on.
My only concern with Storybook Circus is the way things are going in about a decade no kid is going to know what a Circus is.

SteamboatJoe

I was thinking southern half of the one of the communicore/innoventions buildings, if not that space, with a new version of CoP across the way.

They would make nice book ends in those locations. But if this actually was being considered, I think IaSW between Imagination and WS and CoP either where WoL is or between Land and Seas would make the most sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom