Trip Report COMPLETED!!! 4TH TRIP IN LESS THAN 12 MOS?! OK, SURE!:)

Ok...so it's clear I have a problem. I just want to live in Golden Oak and not have to worry about real world problems. I want my biggest decision of each day to be which park shall I visit today?? I love WDW and just want to be there.

WHO:
Me...Courtney ..33
Husband ...Kevin...36
My daughter ...Brooklyn ...16
My step-daughter...Mia...9

WHAT:
An early birthday trip for Mia who turns 10 on May 2nd.
4 day park hoppers with a 5th day added for free

WHEN:
April 8th-13th 2016

WHERE: POFQ

Missymoe4

Ok...so it's clear I have a problem. I just want to live in Golden Oak and not have to worry about real world problems. I want my biggest decision of each day to be which park shall I visit today?? I love WDW and just want to be there.

WHO:
Me...Courtney ..33
Husband ...Kevin...36
My daughter ...Brooklyn ...16
My step-daughter...Mia...9

WHAT:
An early birthday trip for Mia who turns 10 on May 2nd.
4 day park hoppers with a 5th day added for free

WHEN:
April 8th-13th 2016

WHERE: POFQ

You are not alone...

Courtney6682

Original Poster
So far we have ADR's at Rainforest for our arrival night(my husband and his daughter have never been). I could only get a 9:30pm, but have been trying to change it to a slightly earlier time with no luck so far. I cashed in some of my credit card points and got a $50 Landry's gift card...super exciting lol! We haven't been since the name change to Disney Springs, so I'm excited to see what's new down there. Got the email on Friday that our MB's have shipped...should arrive today or tomorrow...Brook is so excited about getting a purple one! We are going to give the trip to my step-daughter as an Easter/bday present. Brook made a big Disney scavenger hunt to use as the reveal, so Easter Sunday can't get here soon enough! We leave 12 days later, so I know Mia will be super excited! Last night Brook and I made 7 baskets for her all filled with new Disney themed outfits, pool toys, and stuff for the plane. Brook made her a personalized shirt with a matching green tutu and wings for a Tink themed outfit...it looks great!
miastinkoutfit.jpg

Courtney6682

Original Poster
The trip reveal was great...we got up Easter morning and the kids opened their baskets...I got Brook some pins that she had her eye on in January...she's big on the FP collection now. After baskets we told Mia that we had a scavenger hunt planned. There were 13 clues that eventually lead her to a Frozen themed basket. In the basket was a Frozen puzzle that Brooklyn wrote ''we're going to Disney'' on the bottom of. She suggested that we do the puzzle as a family, and then hid one of the pieces while we were putting it together so when we looked for the last piece it was under our glass dining room table. Told Mia to grab the piece and look up and the cat was out of the bag! She was super excited, and even more so when she realized the trip was only 12 days from Easter!

So now we are 10 days out and we are reallllyyyyyy starting to get excited!!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Finally decided to pick some FP's just now...ya know since our flight leaves in less than 24 hours!
Saturday April 9th..
MK...Park opens at 9am that day
Plan is to be at the bus stop by 8:30

Space Mtn...9:40-10:40am
Buzz.............10:50-11:50am
BTMRR...yes I hate this ride...but splash and mine train weren't avail and my husband and step-daughter like it sooo......12:50-1:50pm

Just have to get done work today at 3pm...then home to pack!!! :)

bee

In the basket was a Frozen puzzle that Brooklyn wrote ''we're going to Disney'' on the bottom of. She suggested that we do the puzzle as a family, and then hid one of the pieces while we were putting it together so when we looked for the last piece it was under our glass dining room table. Told Mia to grab the piece and look up and the cat was out of the bag!
OMG I looooove this reveal!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Ok! So our trip was GREAT...we had such a nice time! We landed 15 mins early and walked right onto a half empty ME! Brooklyn hopped off the bus and ran to the gift shop to find a CM(Elsie) that she really likes. She came running back a few mins later saying...''She remembered me and is asking for you...come say Hi!!!'' Elsie would be the first of FOUR CM's to recognize one of us during our trip! After hearing this, my husband had to see if his pal...Alberto was tending bar out by the pool...he was and Kevin was happy to see him and happy that he remembered him...Alberto greeted him with a big hug and smile! Then, Sherri walked out and she said...''Heyyyy it's my Philly friends!'' It did make us feel special lol...altho I'm sure there are many people like us who go often or even more frequently than us who have the same experience!

We headed to our room(bldg 7 this time) to change and hit the pool before dinner at Disney Springs. We swam for a few hrs and then headed back to shower and get ready for dinner at Rainforest. The boat ride was SO nice ...the weather was great and we were ECSTATIC to be in our happy place again. We arrived about an hour early so we decided to walk around and check our the Lego Store(Mia had never been) and Basin for Brook. After an hour we wandered over to Rainforest and walked around the gift shop while we waited. Dinner was nice, but everyone was tired by the time were done. We walked back to the boat around 1045 and headed back for a good nights rest.

disneysprings.jpg

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 2...our first full day! We woke up bright and early and headed over to the MK. Mia rode Space Mtn for the first time and liked it! She's not a fan of most rides( since she was traumatized on ToT and RnRC when she was 7), so we made a big deal of her actually getting on the ride...a CM gave her an ''I conquered Space Mtn'' pin which she loved! Next, we all rode Buzz and the teacups, then wandered over to Dumbo. We decided to get a pager even tho there was under a 10 min wait just so we could check out the inside. Very cute, such a good idea!! After Dumbo we hit up Cosmic Rays...then made our way over to Small World...BTMRR and Splash.
familypicmk2016.jpg

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 2 cont...

Around 1:30pm that day my husband was feeling tired and wanted to go back for a nap and swim...being the park commandos that Brook and I are this is never an option for us lol. So, we parted ways...Kevin and Mia headed back to FQ for some rest and swimming...and Brook and I hopped over to Epcot. The plan was to meet up at HS around 6 for a few rides and dinner while Mia was at Lilo's Playhouse. She LOVES going to the kids clubs and BEGSSSSS to go every night. So Brook and I did the single rider line for TT...rode MS...shared some lollipops(if u remember our jan 2016 trip report...we now call them pneumonia pops lol) and then headed over to HS to meet Kevin for din and a few rides.

Brook and I did RnRc single rider line and got lucky when the girl giving us spots let us ride together! Love Disney magic! We rode ToT as well and by that time it was time to meet up with Kevin. His fave ride is RnRC...so we headed over and did single rider again...and ToT again...I was getting hungry so we decided to see what restaurants had openings. We were able to snag an 8:30pm at Mama Melrose. I had always wanted to get a dinner ressie around park closing, so this was great!

We've tried to do something new every trip...so this night we decided to try Mama Melrose. Now, I*KNOW* I haven't eaten here in the past 13-14 yrs or so...I just can't remember if I've ever eaten here at all I think I may have around 2001? But not sure...so anyway it was new to us as I had no memories of the place and my husband and daughter had never been;)

Kevin got the Spicy Seafood Cioppino, I got the Carne D'Italia Flatbread( sausage, pepperoni, pancetta and a spicy marinara sauce....very good!) and Brooklyn got the kids chicken parm and spaghetti cupcake. Chicken parm was good...cupcake not so much. Overall we enjoyed it and would go back!

After dinner we headed to the Poly to pick Mia up and then went back to FQ for bed.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 3...
We started out our day at Epcot this day. Can't remember what we had Fastpasses for, but we rode TT, Nemo, Figment, and MS(well, most of us did lol) Mia rode MS orange last yr for the first time and screamed during lift-off...and just really didn't like the ride in general...so I was shocked when she said she would give it another try. Kevin isn't too big a fan either...so he waited for us while I rode with the girls. MS has always been a fave of mine I **LOVE** the feeling at lift-off!! Afterwards we headed over to club cool and waited for it to open. Love that they give slushie samples at opening! By this time everyone was starving so we headed towards the WS. Kevin and Mia wanted to eat lunch in Mexico...while Brook and I wanted to sample what we could at the F&G outside kitchens. When we sat down to watch Kevin and Mia eat their lunch Brook and I realized how hungry we were lol...so I convinced Kevin to share with us so we could share with him later;) While eating and chatting with a CM a bird pooped on Kevin...the kids loved it lol...he and I not so much. It really got him good, on his head(he shaves it lol) and all down his shirt which he was wearing for the first time. So off he went to clean up while the girls and I walked inside Mexico. We ate our way around the WS which is tradition of course...but this time we wanted to focus F&G kitchens. We sampled frushi, beef brisket burnt ends hash, cassoulet au confit de canard(duck) and pear cider brined shredded corned beef...oh and we couldn't pass up couscous once we hit Morocco lol.

By the time we reached Canada the kids needed a sweet treat for the walk out lol and Brook wanted to do some pin trading so we took our time towards the exit. Once back at FQ we showered and got ready to head out. Brook was meeting friends back at Epcot, Mia was headed to Lilo's which meant Kevin and I had some alone time! We headed to the MK and ride a few rides before heading back to FQ to grab some food.

Day 4...
This morning we headed over to AK. Got there right at 10am and it was a beautiful day! We had FP's for Everest, Dinosaur, and Primevel Whirl. Mia had never braved Everest...as I said earlier she's not a fan of thrill rides...but SHE RODE!!! We were alll so proud and made SUCH a big deal of it...she felt great and was rewarded with a baby Yeti and some alone time with her cool teenage step-sister;)

Kevin and I headed off to ride Everest and the kids went to conquer Dinosaur and Triceratop Spin. We met back up at Yak and Yeti for lunch, and afterwards Brook and Kevin rode single rider on Everest twice. They're on there somewhere lol.

everest2016.jpg

TXDisney

We did 5 trips in a 15 month time frame a few years ago. 3 of the trips were me proposing at wdw, our wedding planning visit there and the actual wedding there. The crazier part is we live in Texas. So it's a vacation each time not just driving a few hours to wdw. My wife is ok with 1 trip a year and so am I, but I could go every 4 months and still love it.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
We did 5 trips in a 15 month time frame a few years ago. 3 of the trips were me proposing at wdw, our wedding planning visit there and the actual wedding there. The crazier part is we live in Texas. So it's a vacation each time not just driving a few hours to wdw. My wife is ok with 1 trip a year and so am I, but I could go every 4 months and still love it.

Judging from your profile pic I'm sure it was AMAZING! I wish we could go every 3 mos all the time. As of now, I'm looking to book the first week of Feb. My daughter turns 17 on the 3rd and my husband's bday is the 7th;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom