4th Gate General (Rumors/News/Speculation)

HauntedMansionFLA

So, those gondolas Disney is putting up... Might they have got wind that a rival might have been planning a similar system to link their resorts?

I'd like to see a possible route map for a gondola line from USO to the Lockheed site, and a comparison in terms of distance with the Disney proposal.
You should post this over on the Disney thread. People would go nuts :)

HauntedMansionFLA

I wonder if the plans for Wet 'n' Wild's site might include being a new Universal TTC; a gondola and bus hub, perhaps?
I just remember awhile back that Universal was looking at a monorail system to connect all of the parks, hotels and so on together. This might be the system they had in mind. If they could pull this off and make it easy to get around to the different locations, that's a huge game changer. That's the one thing I hate about WDW, its spread out. DLR would be nice since you can walk to the two parks back and forth. The next few weeks will be interesting.

matt clark

if you like the hyper loop idea, please consider i have panic attacks and may murder you in your seat to give the appearance of more room for myself so that my brain may calm down. lol lol lol.

its definitely too small for me. it takes me a good 5 minutes just to adjust to being in side an MRI machine lol

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Wouldn't gondolas have a relatively low capacity compared to how many people need to be transported?

If you're thinking the original skyway cabins that only held 4 at tops and were non-ADA compliant, yes. But if you were considering modern cabins like the LEITNER 3S carriage they hold up to 35 and are ADA compliant no :)

danpam1024

If you're thinking the original skyway cabins that only held 4 at tops and were non-ADA compliant, yes. But if you were considering modern cabins like the LEITNER 3S carriage they hold up to 35 and are ADA compliant no :)
35 people doesn't seem big enough to me. But what do I know, I don't plan resorts/small cities :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom