Trip Report 40 year old first timer AND a Foreigner

Hi everyone,

I've been anonymously surfing these forums since the start of the year to help plan our trip last June 2017. Literally every question I had already had an answer thanks to the search function so i never really needed to post. I decided to post something now to go over my wonderful memories of the trip one last time ( my friends and family are tired of my Chewbacca stories!) and hopefully help out any other foreigners flying into the happiest place on earth.

Quick background:

Myself. 40 year old male. Never been to any Disney park.

DW. "Don't you dare post my age!" Female. Last visited the magic kingdom when she was 12 yrs old.

DD. 7 years old going on 13. Female. " I don't like princesses. I want buzz light year as my magic band web site icon". First timer just like her father.

DS. 4 years old. Male. "What's wrong with princesses? They're pretty. " First timer.

We flew in from our home country in Asia. Flew on emirates so routed through the Dubai hub. 25 hour flight from our door to touchdown in MCO (including airport wait time, stop over, etc. )

Next post. Arrival day or "That's a SMALL stroller?!?"

Notes from Neverland

Your report was one of the best ones I've read here. There's something just so genuine and fun about it all. It's impossible to get everything in at Disney World in one trip (or two, or three, or four...), but hopefully you had a great time. As the saying goes, the best time to start planning the next Disney World trip is the day after you get back home.

FirstTimeForeigner

Original Poster
Your report was one of the best ones I've read here. There's something just so genuine and fun about it all. It's impossible to get everything in at Disney World in one trip (or two, or three, or four...), but hopefully you had a great time. As the saying goes, the best time to start planning the next Disney World trip is the day after you get back home.

I know! I completely understand that "How many days to go" thread now.

Maybe we can try one of the Tokyo Disney parks next year.

Trisha Lynn

Totally loved this Trip Report. Thanks for sharing!

DS still asks to look at the picture of him sleeping as Anastasia poses beside him and he wonders if he'll ever be as tall as Prince Charming.

I'm sure he will someday... maybe?

DD forgot her princess aversion long enough to sing along with some frozen songs and the crowd

I have to admit that it's not very hard to get me to sing along with something. My hobbit is going to be so annoyed with me when we're done with our trip.

What have you been up to since you last saw each other.

I am totally using this trick now.

When DW made the mistake of asking who that was the three of us made it a point to make her watch Big Hero 6 before we left.

Oh, more Disney movies to put on my watch list.

I felt a little guilty because everyone else put down their hands after I said where I came from. Mic drop.

I'd live for those kind of moments. But is Minnesota further than California from Florida?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom