4 Days - What We Missed

OliveMcFly

It helps to understand how the fastpass system works, which is different from the fastpass plus at WDW, and even different than I remember the old paper fastpasses being at WDW.

You can get another fastpass either after your fastpass window starts, or two hours after you got the first fastpass, whichever is earlier. The time when you can get another fastpass is indicated on the fastpass printout. This is very helpful if you get a fastpass for a popular ride that has a return time much later in the day.

World of Color fastpasses are even "on a different system", so you can get a World of Color fastpass first thing in the morning, and then immediately get a fastpass for another ride, say Soarin'.
Thanks for the help. World of Color is covered since we're doing lunch with special show seating. I'm sure Cars will be the first fastpass we grab.
It's been awhile since I've used traditional fastpass so anything tips to get back into the swing of it is great.

morningstar

I'm sure Cars will be the first fastpass we grab.

It will help you to know then that the fastpass distribution is actually not near the ride or even in Cars Land. It's on the main drag across from the winery. They do this for some rides. I don't know why, and I don't even think it's indicated on the park map.

Phroobar

I think they do that to make the tickets last longer. The average tourist can't find them anyway. RSR's FP was next to the entrance but it became such a mob of people in that small area that they turned the FP area into a shop and used the ITTBAB FP machines instead. ITTBAB will never use them.

OliveMcFly

It will help you to know then that the fastpass distribution is actually not near the ride or even in Cars Land. It's on the main drag across from the winery. They do this for some rides. I don't know why, and I don't even think it's indicated on the park map.
Whoa! That would have been a huge let down. Thank you, thank you!

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
Whoa! That would have been a huge let down. Thank you, thank you!

Just jump in the giant throng of people just past the fountain and move along with them when they let em loose. I was there at 7:45 for the 8:00 opening and we got 10:30 to 11:30 FP.

fosse76

I honestly don't understand how you could have missed so much being there for four days, even with the 4 hour breaks each day. Based on some of your comments, it seems to me that you simply did not want to wait in the lines for those particular attractions.

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
I honestly don't understand how you could have missed so much being there for four days, even with the 4 hour breaks each day. Based on some of your comments, it seems to me that you simply did not want to wait in the lines for those particular attractions.

Maybe its a matter of personality type. I do not enjoy big crowds or lines. When I was in the group moving to the RSR Fastpass machines I really considered moving out and forgetting it. Getting out of DCA after WOC was really stressful.

Now, our first day at Disneyland we spent maybe two hours total just standing waiting to see mice and ducks and a couple of dogs. When we left Toontown about 2:00 it was shuffle to walk back through Fantasyland elbow to elbow. I don't like crowds and I really don't like crowds where there is a possibility I will get separated from my kids.

My kids were happy with their trip and I am probably the only one that knows what we missed. I am a little disappointed but in the grand scheme of things what I want really doesn't matter. I don't want to sound bitter or regretful, but I have found out after the kids came that my desires or wants take a back seat. I have just gotten used to be disappointed.

D

Deleted member 107043

Maybe its a matter of personality type. I do not enjoy big crowds or lines. When I was in the group moving to the RSR Fastpass machines I really considered moving out and forgetting it. Getting out of DCA after WOC was really stressful.

You sound just like me. I take advantage of every FP I can, love Magic Mornings and single rider options, and I do the premium dinner packages for the preferred seating at WOC and Fantasmic. Anything that has a wait longer than 30 minutes will probably get skipped.

Man, I can't wait for MyMagic+ to come to DLR.

George Lucas on a Bench

In Disneyland there was no time for Indy. Totally missed out on Snow White's Scary Adventure, Mr. Toad and Alice in Wonderland (which is something I really wanted to see), no tea cups or storybook canal. I missed Roger Rabbit because my 5 year old had to go to the bathroom. Small World didn't make it this time nor did Autopia. Maybe worst of all we did not see Paint the Night or the firework show.

apollo-13-movie-clip-screenshot-not-on-my-watch_large.jpg

Gentlemen, that's not acceptable.

On the bright side Haunted Mansion was just about walk on during that time.

Well, that is all you need.

morningstar

Maybe its a matter of personality type. I do not enjoy big crowds or lines. When I was in the group moving to the RSR Fastpass machines I really considered moving out and forgetting it.

Lines are just a thing at Disney. Fastpass makes it better, but it doesn't go away. At least in lines you won't get separated from your kids, though maybe the fastpass line is a little more chaotic. But in that case you can go in by yourself with everyone's tickets and get fastpasses for everybody.

Getting out of DCA after WOC was really stressful.

Just hang back out of the flow until it calms down. Or tolerate for a little bit until you can get into a shop and buy a treat to nosh on while it clears up.

Now, our first day at Disneyland we spent maybe two hours total just standing waiting to see mice and ducks and a couple of dogs.

I've come to terms with the absurdity of waiting an hour to ride something for a minute and thirty seconds. Even standing in line at Disney is better than a day at the office.

pdwab

Last summer I spent two days at DLR by myself. Disneyland closed at midnight both nights and with a park hopper I think I got just about everything, including Space Mountain three times, Indiana Jones twice, California Screamin' three times, Radiator Springs Racers four times. I'll definitely need have to adjust expectations when I have kids and starting taking them!

BrianV

Last summer I spent two days at DLR by myself. Disneyland closed at midnight both nights and with a park hopper I think I got just about everything, including Space Mountain three times, Indiana Jones twice, California Screamin' three times, Radiator Springs Racers four times. I'll definitely need have to adjust expectations when I have kids and starting taking them!

Kids change everything. But then when you go to a theme park without them everything changes too. We'll sometimes go to.Florida theme parks without kids and just wander around and only go on a few rides. Then find a bar and relax.

5thGenTexan

Original Poster

When you have kids that about how many restroom breaks you can count on. :) Sometimes when you are in a line and they gotta go now.

MotherofaPrincessLover

We also spend 4 full days in the parks and I could've almost used at least one more day. We went on pretty much everything, but there were a few small things I would've liked to do. Matterhorn and Grizzly River Run were both closed while we were there, though. We also had to use rider switch since we had an infant with us and that takes up quite a bit of time.

Californian Elitist

Kids do make a difference. I took my three nephews last summer and while we had fun, we didn't do that much. They needed bathroom breaks, wanted snacks, BEGGED to go to souvenir shops... Not to mention they get restless towards the end of the day.

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
But they didn't have to go 5 minutes before. Now it's life or death.

We went right after lunch and then got in line for Roger Rabbit. About halfway through the line my 5 year old needed to go again. We really tried to make it through, but just before the last turn before the load area he just couldn't wait any longer. I had to excuse myself though the rest of the line, walked right passed the loading area and out the exit. We got back to the exit just about the time those in front of us were coming out after riding. Someone woman told me we should go back in and ask to ride since we went through just about the whole line. I don't do things like that, we had to leave and therefore forfeited our place in line. Just one of the sacrifices you have to make when you have your kids at a place like Disneyland. You don't get to do everything you want to do for the sake of the comfort and wellbeing of your kids. :) I have accepted my lot in life.

fosse76

They did it because of the demand for FPs. The distribution was next to the queue when the ride first opened, but the line was ridiculously long to get FPs. It was moved to its current location to ease the congestion from the front of the ride and to make the more centrally available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom