4 days at disney world, what would you do?

4 days with a 4 year old

• go to each park (magic kingdom, animal, epcot, hollywood)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • go to 2 days at magic kingdom, one day at animal, one day at water park

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

makila

Original Poster
Hello, I am looking for opinions on what parks you would attend. It will be me, my husband and my 4 year old son. My main goal is my son's entertainment. I am thinking of purchasing the 4 park magic ticket , but my one problem with that option is that I think the magic kingdom has the most entertainment value for my son. So my, third option is the 3 day option, so I could attend the magic kingdom twice and another park (which I am looking for opinions on which one would be the best for a young child). Then if we purchase the 3 day option we may purchase a water park ticket, which one would you suggest typhoon or blizzard?
none of us have ever went to Disney world so, I do think the 4 park magic ticket might be a good overview for us and a better deal. But is it worth the savings if the other parks are not quite as entertaining.
My son likes rides more than meeting characters.

This is my first time here so, please if I need to be pointed into a better direction please let me know.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We're doing two days Magic Kingdom and one day Epcot with an almost 3 year old girl. The Magic Kingdom has so much in it that it seems really stressful to try to see the park in one day with a little one, so we're doing the Fantasyland side of the park one day and the Frontierland side of the park the other day. That will also mean less walking for her little legs.

For us, the secondary park was determined by her likes and desires. She's OBSESSED with Frozen and has a burning desire to hug Elsa and Anna, so Epcot fit best. It also has the Nemo ride and the aquarium and the food in the World Showcase will be a win for us adults.

I vote two days MK and pick the third park based on what he likes best.

Weather_Lady

If I had 4 days for my family of four, we'd do:

WITH MYW (non-hopper) TICKETS: 2 days at MK, 1 day at Epcot, 1 day at AK
WITH PARKHOPPER TICKETS: 2 days at MK, 1 day at Epcot, one half-day at AK., one half-day at HS

In either case, with a visit that brief, I wouldn't even do a water park -- just a couple of long afternoon breaks by the resort pool.

nickys

Premium Member
I would definitely do 2 days in MK.

As for the other 2 days, what is your son interested in? If he is into Star Wars then DHS is a must, with plenty to do, plus Toy Story, Muppets and the Indy Stunt Show. If he loves animals then AK would be good.

Personally I would skip a water park. At that age he will be just as happy at a pool. I would add a third park instead. Probably Epcot, as it is unique. If you do Epcot, I would definitely do The Seas (with extra time to look at the acquarium) and Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Figment, and then some of WS. Mexico with it's ride, Germany and the trains (allows time there for a beer or two, you may not be able to drag him away for a while) and China with the acrobats might be fun. Don't necessarily try to see it all, and I would skip the "movie" attractions with a youngster.

carriebeth

For first time visitors I would say you need to experience each of the parks. They are each unique and I think worthy of a visit. It does mean you can only do one day at Magic Kingdom. You definately wont get to do every thing there is at MK so beforehand it will be real important you read up on all the attractions, rides, parades, shows etc so you can pick the stuff that your son would be most fond of and make those top priority.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
With a four year old, I'd imagine he could/would get quite bored quite quickly at EPCOT and Hollywood Studios (especially if he is either not tall enough or not interested enough in riding the 40" rides [Tower of Terror, Test Track, Soarin', Star Tours]). You take out those rides and what's left that would be really engaging for a four year old is pretty minimal. Two days at the Magic Kingdom is a good option. You certainly will not feel like you're stretching for things to do. As such, the big question is how to spend the other two days. I think Animal Kingdom has a ton to do for a four year old (even if you take out the attractions that he might not be able to ride due to height). The water park is a nice option, but you certainly would not spend the whole day there... on the plus side, that might be good because I know my 3.5 year old still needs an afternoon nap so having one of the four days be more "relaxed" might be a good option.

Ali Mouse

WITH PARKHOPPER TICKETS: 2 days at MK, 1 day at Epcot, one half-day at AK., one half-day at HS

In either case, with a visit that brief, I wouldn't even do a water park -- just a couple of long afternoon breaks by the resort pool.
I would do the same!

Minnie1986

I would suggest the park hopper itinerary that was laid out above

kimberlymautz

I would suggest two days at Magic Kingdom, one at Epcot, and one at Animal Kingdom. Hollywood Studios doesn't have enough to do right now in my opinion and therefore isn't worth spending a day there if you have other options.

We did one full day at MK and we also did the Halloween party a separate night and I still think we missed some things we had wanted to do, so two days is definitely a good idea.

Epcot won't have too much for your kiddo but there are a lot of cool characters you can't see elsewhere and my daughter (she was 5 when we went in September) loved doing the passport activities around the world.

And I was actually surprised how much time we spent at Animal Kingdom. My daughter and niece both loved it and while there weren't a TON of rides for them to go on they also enjoyed seeing all of the animals and my daughter is excited to go back to see Pandora (even though she's never seen Avatar).

I hope that helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom