4 and 1 year old, which park?

Jackiep9

Original Poster
We are planning a 4 day trip to Disney - 2 days at the Magic Kingdom and 1 day at Animal Kingdom. Which do you think my 4 year old will have more fun at the other day - Epcot or Hollywood Studios? I think the aquarium stuff at Epcot and maybe the car design ride would be enjoyable for him. At Hollywood Studios he might be willing to try the Toy Story ride and like some of the shows.

Any insight?

HouCuseChickie

My kids actually prefer Epcot and DHS over DAK. They were 4 and 2 on their first trip and AK was the only park that really fell flat for them. The older one is finally over 44", so Everest is now a draw for her, but they'd skip it if it weren't for that. Still, everyone is different.

As far as DHS goes, while their tastes have broadened a bit as they've gotten older, they really enjoy the following in DHS...
- Muppets
- Beauty and the Beast
- Little Mermaid
- TSMM
- Playhouse Disney Live
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area
- Star Tours

The do enjoy Epcot as well...faves include...
- Maelstrom
- Test Track
- Soarin'
- Nemo/Turtle Talk
- Living with the Land
- SSE
- Imagination

samantha_cheri

I grew up going to Disney and from my experience I always preferred Epcot over DHS. I also loved DAK because the animals and safari rides were my favorite even though Everest wasn't there at the time and I was terrified of Dinosaur!

I preferred Epcot because Inoventions was my favorite and I loved the kidcot thing around the world showcase. Living with the Land could also be a draw and especially Soarin if they aren't afraid of heights. I also LOVED test track, and the new car design feature is really fun I would have loved it as a kid.

This being said, DHS is a great choice as well, as a kid I just wasn't as into shows. My favorite thing at DHS as a kid was the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. I spent HOURS in there my parents would have to drag me out, haha. It really just depends on what you think your child would prefer and neither one is a bad choice.

KarenKlo

OUr boys always loved MK and AK! Every kid is different. What do your kids like? Are they into Disney channel characters? Then DHS is a good place to see them. Like Animals? AK would be a great choice? Our boys dd not really like Epcot until 2012 when they were 10 and 13. It was their least favorite park. Now they love it because as teenage boys they love to eat!

SAV

maybe the car design ride would be enjoyable for him.

If you are referring to Test Track, there is a 40" minimum height requirement for it. So take that into consideration.

And don't forget about the whole Innoventions East and West in Epcot. There is so much cool stuff for kids to do in there. There are also the Kidcot stops, the performers in Future World & the World Showcase and they can even take a boat ride across to World Showcase.

I think there would be more to do at Epcot than DHS overall.

MickeyisMyBestFriend

I would recommend HS and epcot instead of AK but if you really want to go to AK then maybe you could go to HS. The character interaction is good , shows are very enjoyable including Disney junior live on stage. TSMM is awesome and the honey I shrunk the kids play area is fun. I experienced all of this myself and my second fav. park when I was little was HS (first MK).

HRHPrincessAriel

My kiddo would have loved AK at a year. The zoo is one of her favorite places to go. She'd go everyday!

I know when we take her this summer she will love all the thrill rides but I'm thinking AK will be just as high up there. She will be 3.5 then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom