3rd party tickets/Mymagic +

riess424

Original Poster
My wife is able to get disney park tickets through her work and a third party company. The company is workingadvantage.com. We would be able to save about $45 per ticket for a 6 day park hopper so we are seriously considering it even though I have always been skeptical of 3rd parties offering tickets. My question is if we do purchase these how would be get this transferred over to mymagic+? Would we have to do this the day we arrive therefore we would not be able to preset our fastpass picks ahead of time?

thank you

journ116

My wife is able to get disney park tickets through her work and a third party company. The company is workingadvantage.com. We would be able to save about $45 per ticket for a 6 day park hopper so we are seriously considering it even though I have always been skeptical of 3rd parties offering tickets. My question is if we do purchase these how would be get this transferred over to mymagic+? Would we have to do this the day we arrive therefore we would not be able to preset our fastpass picks ahead of time?

thank you
I kind have the same questions as well...however, we weren't planning our buying ours until a month out from our arrival date. Interested at seeing how your concern is addressed?!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

thank you
Currently only guests staying at participating WDW Resort hotels can take part in FastPass+.

Here is the list of those and the schedule.
Thanksgiving operating hours extended and changes made throughout most of November

So as it stands, I believe it is the case that if you do not buy the tickets as part of that package, you cannot pre-book your FP+ (or it is very difficult to do so). Some people have had success in linking 3rd party tickets. If you have an AP, you can link that however.

Regular FP is still available however.

Last edited:

MOUSEGIRL

Currently only guests staying at participating WDW Resort hotels can take part in FastPass+.

Here is the list of those and the schedule.
Thanksgiving operating hours extended and changes made throughout most of November

So as it stands, I believe it is the case that if you do not buy the tickets as part of that package, you cannot pre-book your FP+ (or it is very difficult to do so). Some people have had success in linking 3rd party tickets. If you have an AP, you can link that however.

Regular FP is still available however.
If you are staying on property and have a room only reservation use My Disney experience and link you tickets this way. You should be able to link them. If you are with in the 60 day mark. FP+ just became available for December today even though some of us are less than 53 day out.

MOUSEGIRL

thank you
On the buying tickets thru a third party we did this for our trip in march and had no problem with the tickets the only reason we did not do this for our tickets for December is my husbands company has a limit on the qty you can buy each year.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If you are staying on property and have a room only reservation use My Disney experience and link you tickets this way. You should be able to link them. If you are with in the 60 day mark. FP+ just became available for December today even though some of us are less than 53 day out.
A lot of people I have heard from have been unable to link 3rd party tickets.

atrus79

I have a definitive answer for you ... YES!

My wife and I are staying with my parents (DVC members) in December. I purchased tickets through 'workingadvantage' and got an 'e-ticket' option which was sent back to me within the same day. Then I went and linked those e-tickets to our account (they are considered will-call tickets). My wife and I are all registered for FP+ for our visit Dec 1-5.

One thing to note ... when you link the tickets into the system, it links all the tickets to one person. You have to go to the 'My reservations' page and then reassign the tickets to the correct family members.

Have a great time!

riess424

Original Poster

My wife and I are staying with my parents (DVC members) in December. I purchased tickets through 'workingadvantage' and got an 'e-ticket' option which was sent back to me within the same day. Then I went and linked those e-tickets to our account (they are considered will-call tickets). My wife and I are all registered for FP+ for our visit Dec 1-5.

One thing to note ... when you link the tickets into the system, it links all the tickets to one person. You have to go to the 'My reservations' page and then reassign the tickets to the correct family members.

Have a great time!
We are DVC members and are staying in March but we have not purchased our tickets yet because when we called disney they did not recommend purchasing until magic+ is a full go...so was there a ticket number when you received your eticket and then you entered that onto disney experience? Also any problems with working advantage?

Bairstow

We rented points to stay in a DVC room during the Animal Kingdom test this past September and bought discount tickets through Undercover Tourist.
The 3rd party tickets linked up just fine, we received the bands a couple weeks before the trip and were able to reserve stuff through My Disney Experience before the trip just fine.

dreamfinder

We had no problems linking our Undercover Tourist tickets. Some people have had issues with 3rd party tickets, but they seem to be a less common occurrence. There is a slight chance that if you cannot add them, that WDW IT cannot add them, you may need to wait to be on property to get it resolved.

atrus79

We are DVC members and are staying in March but we have not purchased our tickets yet because when we called disney they did not recommend purchasing until magic+ is a full go...so was there a ticket number when you received your eticket and then you entered that onto disney experience? Also any problems with working advantage?

When I received my e-ticket there was a number associated with the ticket that included both park hoppers. When I input the e-ticket number, all of the park hoppers became associated with my name so I had to reassign them to members of my group. It was quite easy ... now we have all of or FP+ selections for our trip in December :)

jlsHouston

Have a great time!

I looked up "working advantage" because I have been looking around at discount park tickets... They have a really good discount for those tickets!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom