3rd Gate rumor for USO...Its on like Donkey Kong.

71jason

I'd love to see this get the Potter treatment and have it spread across multiple parks. USF can have Mario and Donkey Kong, IOA can have Zelda, and a third park can have Pokémon.

Nice armchair imagineering, but it's a done deal, all the major properties are going into a Nintendo "park within a park" at USO. If a third park comes, it won't have Nintendo as a cornerstone.

I rather doubt that a third park would be another collection of "stand in line, ride the ride, exit through the gift shop" experiences no matter. At that point, need to shake up the paradigm, like the original EPCOT or like AK tried (but failed) to do.

Mike S

Nice armchair imagineering, but it's a done deal, all the major properties are going into a Nintendo "park within a park" at USO. If a third park comes, it won't have Nintendo as a cornerstone.

I rather doubt that a third park would be another collection of "stand in line, ride the ride, exit through the gift shop" experiences no matter. At that point, need to shake up the paradigm, like the original EPCOT or like AK tried (but failed) to do.
I would love to see Universal go in a completely new and unexpected direction with their third park. Heck, they're doing it in Japan with their second.
http://www.attractionsmanagement.com/detail.cfm?pagetype=detail&subject=news&codeID=314766

Jimmy Thick

Holy thread bumps Batman...

Bringing this up because World of Warcraft was mentioned in this thread.

Apparently at Blizzcon this year, there are rumors of a huge announcement circulating. While the popular rumor is a Warcraft 4 announcement, or the fanboi dream I should say, the theme park topic has come up by one of the best WoW insiders who always breaks news before anyone.

It makes a little sense because Blizzard made the majority of their future game releases, including the next WoW expansion last month, and Blizzard always reveals something big at Blizzcon.

It don't make sense because WoW is an extremely dark and violent game that does not have clear cut good guys, everyone is a shade if gray and the subject matter revolves around war, which dont make a great theme park subject.

Either way, its an intetesting development if WoW ends up at Universal or Disney.

Jimmy Thick- Dreaming of Blizzcon already!!!

Mikejakester

Let's pretend that this were going to happen...which it seems be unlikely...

Where would it go?

Probably here.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-universal-boulevard-property-20150731-story.html

Either this is someone else moving in on Universal Turf... or it's Universal. If it smells like a fish... it's probably a wet dog right? The report says the current value of the land exceeds that to be used as anything else other than convention center/Entertainment complex. This could be the mysterious land, and Universal Blvd connects both lands which is fun to think about. (By both I mean current Universal Property and the new acquired land).

JoeCamel

Probably here.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-universal-boulevard-property-20150731-story.html

Either this is someone else moving in on Universal Turf... or it's Universal. If it smells like a fish... it's probably a wet dog right? The report says the current value of the land exceeds that to be used as anything else other than convention center/Entertainment complex. This could be the mysterious land, and Universal Blvd connects both lands which is fun to think about. (By both I mean current Universal Property and the new acquired land).

Where is it? I hit a paywall. Lockheed?

Mikejakester

3rd.JPG
os-universal-boulevard-property-20150731-002.jpg
It's the land behind Lockheed Martin. I hit a paywall too, somehow I was able to get around it by refreshing or "X'ing" something... I can't recall exactly what I did.

JoeCamel

Thanks! I thought so. Not much build-able down that way without doing a lot of wetlands mitigation so it had to be there. Maybe they can swap the W 'n W site for some it. Has to be a lot of interest in it and that might tip the deal.

BrianV

View attachment 107823 View attachment 107824 It's the land behind Lockheed Martin. I hit a paywall too, somehow I was able to get around it by refreshing or "X'ing" something... I can't recall exactly what I did.

It feels like that location is remote to UO. Maybe I'm not seeing it clearly. The beauty of UO is it is NOT sprawling like WDW. Park yourself in one of the onsite hotels and you can walk everywhere. But that does limit land.

Mikejakester

Well... there is enough land there to create a new resort. (it's roughly the same size as Universal Orlando). So that means space for 2 parks, multiple hotels and a new rival to Disney springs. How much of this would result in canabalism to city walk? Who knows... But I think universal is running out of real estate and this might be a way to secure their future (10 years and beyond).

Also, let's not forget animal Kingdom is in its own little secluded area. So this idea of a theme park a couple of miles south is not completely off the wall or outside the box.

And again... This is assuming that universal is the one behind all this land acquisition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom