3rd Gate rumor for USO...Its on like Donkey Kong.

Luigi

Original Poster

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Nintendo is going into an existing park, and there's been no rumor of WoW in recent history. Although it does sound akin to the LoTR rumors that were floating around a while back. And didn't go anywhere....

maxairmike

This is from Billy Donnelly, who broke, by all reports, a fairly accurate breakdown on WDW's upcoming Star Wars/ Pixar / Etc plans. Granted he mixed in some additional speculation and rumor, but it seems he has good sources within the industry.

As, always, this is rumor and should be treated as such... :)

http://thisisinfamous.com/universal-orlando-working-third-park-heavy-video-game-influence-exclusive/

As likely to happen as Marvel leaving Universal. In other words, completely wrong and off base. He's obviously read the discussions on OU, here, and Twitter but came away with the complete opposite understanding of what was being talked about, especially regarding land and the 3rd park.

Mike S

This is the best I've read on Universal's third park, a post from @whylightbulb.
What some have already said but only brushed over is that Universal is planning a third gate. I'm not talking about the waterpark, although that is looking to be quite spectacular in terms of waterparks and may be the first waterpark/theme park hybrid. No I'm talking about a no-holds-barred, DisneySea quality level third gate theme park. Trust me I don't use the term "DisneySea quality" lightly. Right now the resources are planned to allow that level of quality and detail. Yes I'm fully expecting that the final execution will not be as spectacular as it looks to be now by the time it goes through final budget/schedule/construction blunders, but if we end up with a full park on the level of Diagon for example, the gap between Disney and Universal will be significantly reduced.
Don't know if what he said has changed since last year but this is what I'll believe until I read differently from other trusted insiders.

captainmoch

Oh man... that sounds amazing. I feel like a third gate does seem plausible at this point. I mean, looking at what's coming soon, I feel like the current rapid goal of the parks is to pretty much tie most loose ends. Replace the most outdated attractions (Twister, KidZone, Disaster) with bigger IPs, (Fallon, Nintendo, F&F) update certain areas to their uttermost potential, (MSHI, JP) and I'm guessing we'll see something replace TL/LC sometime rather soon too. Once their current parks are fully updated to their full potential, they can get started on this supposed amazing, immersive third gate, which will probably give Disney a very large run for their money. Is there any word on location (I'm hoping it's within CityWalk limits at least to keep the parks' very "connected" feeling) or timeframe (I'm assuming we won't get much word on it until around 2020 or later) yet?

Obi Walt Kenobi

What I have heard is there is a third gate coming to Orlando. They have plans for a park themed entirely based off of video games, featuring Nintendo and World of Warcraft.

JT3000

What I have heard is there is a third gate coming to Orlando. They have plans for a park themed entirely based off of video games, featuring Nintendo and World of Warcraft.

I would take what you've heard with a whole truck load of salt. While a Nintendo land could certainly work, and while an entire park based on video games could work from a thematic standpoint, I'm not sure there would be enough of a draw for a standalone gate.

And Warcraft? Blech.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Here's a report from nerdist news they are very reliable in their reports especially in regard to gaming.

http://nerdist.com/universal-studios-plans-new-video-game-theme-park/
These "reports" are simply echoing the original article, which isn't accurate to begin with....

R W B

Idk how much money it would take or how much universal wants to spend but keep this in mind folks, Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys bought out over 150 residents and small business owners so he could demolish their neighborhood to build his new stadium that opened in 2009. So with that in mind it might be possible for universal to buy property close to their current parks and then hand out eviction notices. Just an option here, costly to say the least but still an option.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'd love to see this get the Potter treatment and have it spread across multiple parks. USF can have Mario and Donkey Kong, IOA can have Zelda, and a third park can have Pokémon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom