30 or 60 days fp+?

Vipor51

Original Poster
So i have a resort reservation for January and am curious if I will be able to make my fp reservations 60 days out or is it now only available 30 days out?

Last year we were able to select 60 days in advance.

Thanks for the heads up.

cw1982

It's 60 if you're staying onsite. For any days that you have tickets but are staying off site, the window is 30 days.

Tom

Beta Return
As long as your Disney resort reservation and tickets are linked to your My Disney Experience account, you can start booking FP+ for your entire stay, beginning 60-days prior.

Shadowgate

Does the full 60 days window not actually show up until your 60 days out? Currently everything is linked for my November 30th to Dec 7th trip but when I just looked out on My Magic Plus for FP+ it is just showing being able to book 30 days out.

Rob562

Does the full 60 days window not actually show up until your 60 days out? Currently everything is linked for my November 30th to Dec 7th trip but when I just looked out on My Magic Plus for FP+ it is just showing being able to book 30 days out.

Presumably your tickets were purchased separately from your hotel reservation and you linked them to your profile. Since the FP+ system doesn't know that you intend to use those tickets specifically for your booked trip, it'll allow you to see the next 30 days of dates. (For all it knows, you could be staying with your Aunt Bethany in Kissimmee next week and want to make FP+ choices with those tickets).

When you get to your 60-day mark, you'll see both next next 30 days from the current date *and* 10 days beyond your resort check-in date as being available for FP+.

Oh, and for people who buy their tickets as part of a package reservation, since your tickets are directly joined to your reservation and aren't available to use before that date, you won't see any availability for FP+ until your 60-day mark, and then you'll only see the dates for the 10 days following your checkin date.

-Rob

habuma

We booked our January trip just a few weeks ago and I immediately went into MDE to see what was there. At that time, it said I could book 30 days in advance. But then a few days later I went in again and it said 60 days. Specifically, it started by telling me 30 days, but then a few days later, it said we could start planning FP+ on November 4th (we checkin on January 3rd).

I don't think the system had got its act together with regard to our reservation yet, but once it did it was doing everything as I expected.

That said, FP+ for parades and nighttime shows usually don't show up in the system until the 30 day mark. No big deal, as I've learned to *not* reserve FP+ for those things. (Much longer story behind how I manage that...will only tell it if you're curious.)

tongaloosh

We booked our January trip just a few weeks ago and I immediately went into MDE to see what was there. At that time, it said I could book 30 days in advance. But then a few days later I went in again and it said 60 days. Specifically, it started by telling me 30 days, but then a few days later, it said we could start planning FP+ on November 4th (we checkin on January 3rd).

I don't think the system had got its act together with regard to our reservation yet, but once it did it was doing everything as I expected.

That said, FP+ for parades and nighttime shows usually don't show up in the system until the 30 day mark. No big deal, as I've learned to *not* reserve FP+ for those things. (Much longer story behind how I manage that...will only tell it if you're curious.)
I'm curious!

jaklgreen

If you are doing 2 trips within the year you should get an annual pass. It will save money. Skip the package and book room only. You might even get a discount with your annual pass on your room. Plus you get discounts on some food and merchandise.

habuma

I'm curious!

Alright...since you're curious...

Again, choosing FP+ for parades and nighttime shows ties them up so that you can't get new FP+ until after the show is over (which on many nights is when the park closes). So unless you just want to stand in lines and enjoy the new queue theming all day, don't use FP+ for parades/fireworks/nighttime shows.

For FoF and MSEP, the FP+ viewing location is on the northern inside of the hub. It's roped off and there's plenty of room in the roped off area for people to move around. But rather than get a FP+ for those parades, you're better off showing up a bit early and finding a spot on the north part of the hub directly behind the rope separating the FP+ viewing area from the walkway north of the Partners statue. On a rather busy day in May, I showed up about 30 mins before the parade and there was *nobody* in that area. There are even a couple of benches to sit down while you wait. You get almost as good viewing of the parade as those in the FP+ area. The only downside is that it's a bit harder to see the performers on the ground because the people in the FP+ area will be in your way. But you can see the floats perfectly--in fact, you can see them better because you're not standing so much under them as you would be if you were in the FP+ area.

FP+ for Wishes has been in the rose garden area (not sure if that's still true with the hub construction going on or how long that will last as the hub construction continues). That's a fine location for viewing Wishes, but only so-so for viewing Celebrate the Magic before Wishes. I prefer a direct shot of the castle for CtM. What I've done is secure the aforementioned location for MSEP and then stay put or even fall back toward Partners a bit for CtM/Wishes. The only downside of this is that once they drop the ropes from MSEP, it because thick with people, most of whom do not care that you've staked out that prime location. If you're short or have children who want to see, this location may or may not work for you. In that case, you don't have too many good options (there will be crowds everywhere) and *maybe* the FP+ viewing location is better for you. Just keep in mind that you'll have a FP+ locked down all day if you decide to go this route.

In my experience Fantasmic! FP+ is a horrible and cruel joke. It doesn't guarantee you any specific seating location and (again, in my experience) doesn't even guarantee you that you'll get in before anyone who doesn't have FP+. We found ourselves with nothing to do before Fantasmic!, so we decided to just be there early and wait for them to open up the line. To our surprise, despite the fact that we arrived 30-45 minutes before our FP+ return window, they already had the amphitheater opened to *EVERYONE*. We still got a decent location, but we would not have if we had showed up during the FP+ return time window. My basic advice here is to not waste FP+ on Fantasmic! and just show up early.

For Illuminations, there's very little you can do wrong. I recommend scoping our locations while you walk around World Showcase and pick 2 or 3 nice spots that have no trees or buildings blocking your view of the lagoon. And then figure out where you're going to be 30-45 minutes before the show starts and just go to one of those locations. In May, we had dinner at Via Napoli, walked out of the restaurant 30 minutes before the show, and just walked up to a clear spot around the lagoon. No problems at all. Seriously, any location along the lagoon will work as long as there's no trees, island, buildings, etc blocking your view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom