1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

"30 minute" arcade cards?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by 10East75South, May 15, 2009.

1. 10East75South

10East75South New Member

Since when were arcades based on minutes? How does this work - can someone please help me out.
  2. JWG

JWG Well-Known Member

This is common practice at places like Gameworks and Dave & Buster's, at least when I've been there.

It's what Disney Quest should do versus a huge $45 (or whatever) admission.
  3. Luige11

Luige11 Member

I got one of those too I just got my stuff in the mail. Arcade games based on minutes is right what the heck does that mean. :confused:. Lucky for me I own arcade machines.
  4. Phonedave

Phonedave Well-Known Member

D&B works on credits.

I can't think of anything that works on minutes.

I guess you could say some kids games - like in Chuck-E-Cheese are technicaly timed games. You use tokens, but the game ends after a certain point, so it is a fixed time.

-dave
  5. nancy33458

nancy33458 New Member

You get a card that you swipe and from the time you swipe it you have 30 min of free arcade time. My husband and son and I used ours a week ago once you swipe it you have to wait about 2 or 3 min before you can swipe it again. We were all trying to use it. It is not good on games that offer prizes.
  6. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I had a 2 hour card at an Arcade a while ago (one that normally used credits on a card). Basically you could only swipe it once per minute (so 120 uses max in my case) but you could play anything of any cost as much as you wanted otherwise. So if you were good at a game you could beat it (I think I beat Star Wars Arcade with it and came close on HotD 2 (the second last boss and last boss I'm not so good with)). On the flip side if you're not so good with games you can play something different every minute or so thus allowing you to use about 30 plays of whatever you want, Pac Man or something newer
  7. KC82271

KC82271 Active Member

Just got back last week - and the 30 minute card is only valid in machines that don't generate tickets. For example, you can use it on Pinball machines, but not SkeeBall.

They also block it once you swipe it for so many minutes. My DD decided she didn't want to play air-hockey anymore - but we couldn't use it for a few minutes. Happened a few times.
  8. JiminyandTink

JiminyandTink Well-Known Member

I just used mine last week, the clock starts as soon as you swipe it on your first game, but there is really only a couple of games you play as mentioned it doesn't work for games that give tickets (whick is about 90%) and it locks out some other games.

My reccomendation is to use it on table hockey if your arcade has it (although you may only get a couple of games in in 30 minutes)
  9. 10East75South

10East75South New Member

So, correct me here if needed --

its not 30 minutes of game play, but a 30 minute window granted by the first swipe of the card.
  10. jandersonlj

jandersonlj New Member

It is just 30 minutes total time. It worked out really good for us. We were finishing our burger at the food court, but our son had already finished. He went in the arcade while we finished. By the time we cleaned up and refilled all mugs, he was finished too. I don't know about anyone else, but we don't waste a lot of time at the resort. 30 minutes was perfect to keep him occupied, but not keep him too long (if you know what I mean)!
  11. Phonedave

Phonedave Well-Known Member

Thats good if the arcade is empty. Not so good if its crowded.

-dave
  12. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

Oh gosh, that is terrible. But im not complaining. I will use it on a race game.
  13. JCtheparrothead

JCtheparrothead Well-Known Member

Maybe they should use this at DisneyQuest?:shrug: