3 Favourite things to do at resorts

MermaidJuli

Three of my must do things when I visit:

1. Walking around the Boardwalk, especially around sunset, slipping into the lobby of BW, YC & BC, taking in the atmosphere and people watching.
2. Curling up in a rocking chair by the fireplace at Wilderness Lodge.
3. Grabbing a drink and enjoying the atmosphere in one of the lounges - Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge, Bellevue Lounge at Boardwalk, Mizner's at Grand Floridian, Ale & Compass at Yacht Club.

(I also love sitting on the sandy beaches, I absolutely adore the boat ride from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom, and now you've got me wanting to add laying in a hammock to my must do list! :))

NiarrNDisney

My favorite things to do at my or other resorts are:

- Dining on a delicious meal at one of the restaurants or a snack in the bar having a drink
- Lounging by the pool or just relaxing let my body and feet have a much needed rest
- Wandering around touring the property seeing what can be seen as well as shopping

Last edited:

DisneyDebNJ

Start the day eating breakfast on our balcony at the Polynesian (we do this once or maybe twice per visit)
do Capt Cook's for lunch then lounge by the pool for a bit before hitting the parks at night
End our day on the balcony with a glass of wine in our jammies :)

Disney4family

We're Bay Lake/Contemporary people
1) watch the monorail go through the Grand Concourse at the Contemporary
2) Chef Mickey's breakfast
3) 5 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom!!!!!!
(Honorable mention to the BLT pool and Bay View Gifts)

disneyfirstLJ

1. Swimming in the pools at AoA
2. Walking around AoA and taking photos with the Cars, Nemo, Lion King and Little Mermaid Icons
3. Eating at Landscapes of Flavor or Shopping in the AoA gift shop

Blairnicol

-Explore the restaurants/bars (including other resorts! I think of this as shopping for my next vacation)
-Lounge at the pool enjoying a cocktail
-Outdoor movies & s'mores! I really love the fire pits with s'mores that they have set up at a lot of the resorts!

DisneyJunkie

At WL, we like to "commandeer" one of the lobby coffee tables and surrounding chairs and all sit there playing cards (in the evening after we're done with the parks). It's just cool to hang out there and it seems to amuse a lot of the passing guests and staff. My wife and I also like to eat at Roaring Forks at least once for lunch/dinner because we love the sandwiches there. We also like to stroll outside at night around the walkway to the boat dock; with all the lights out there and the glow of the lights from the resort itself, it's always a very cool sight to enjoy.

MightyMouse

Eat, Sleep, Conquer, Repeat. ... Oh sorry, wrong list.

1) Go photo crazy over all the amazing fine details to structures and landscaping

2) Play in the pools with my kids

3) Enjoying the extra little perks. Ie. Poolside games, movies under the stars, the "teaching kids how to draw class", the groundskeepers "water art", etc

MermaidJuli

At WL, we like to "commandeer" one of the lobby coffee tables and surrounding chairs and all sit there playing cards (in the evening after we're done with the parks). It's just cool to hang out there and it seems to amuse a lot of the passing guests and staff. My wife and I also like to eat at Roaring Forks at least once for lunch/dinner because we love the sandwiches there. We also like to stroll outside at night around the walkway to the boat dock; with all the lights out there and the glow of the lights from the resort itself, it's always a very cool sight to enjoy.
I love everything about how you just described this. Reading it made me feel like I was right there in WL enjoying it myself! Thank you very much for sharing.

Pluto15

Original Poster
Sounds pefect :)

Scott10

1. Video the walk from the main building of whatever resort we are staying in on that trip to our room.
2. Shop in the resort gift shop
3. Lay in a hammock, have my picture taken on my cell and send it to all of my friends and family stuck back home! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom