2nd MB

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
So we are going in 2 weeks (have out set already) but now it is asking me to customize another set for our Christmas trip.

Can we just link our first ones? Do we have to get another set?

Seems so wasteful.....

lostpro9het

So we are going in 2 weeks (have out set already) but now it is asking me to customize another set for our Christmas trip.

Can we just link our first ones? Do we have to get another set?

Seems so wasteful.....
Same here! We just customized what will be our third set since they told us our initial set had been deactivated when we tried to check in three weeks ago and got a new pair at the resort. Seems VERY wasteful .

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We are awaiting our 3rd set also. I was able to use both my bands interchangeably last trip (you know, pick the color based on my outfit, haha.) It is wasteful, especially for those who take multiple trips per year.

Minthorne

I called about this. The CM on the phone told me that during the testing phase every new reservation will send out a new Magic Band but they all could be used. I'm happy to get another color!!

Rob562

While it seems a little wasteful, the vast majority of on-site guests don't make multiple trips per year. Even if they send out Bands to everyone it's most likely still more cost effective to do it automatically than deal with the personnel and headaches that trying to sort out the inevitable problems of dealing with people who had Bands, don't have Bands, only some of them have Bands, can't find them, etc.

If 95% of people need a Band, it's not cost-effective to try and change the process to handle the remaining 5% differently if there's no real harm in lumping them all in together. (Totally made up numbers there)

-Rob

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
I was just thinking since our AP is linked to our first one already that I wouldn't even need to get new ones. I think for AP holders 1 may be enough.

Rob562

I was just thinking since our AP is linked to our first one already that I wouldn't even need to get new ones. I think for AP holders 1 may be enough.

It's best if people stop thinking of tickets being linked to a Band or a specific RFID card. Once you link a ticket to your MDE profile, it becomes an e-ticket. You can then access that ticket using *any* Band or RFID card that is also linked to your MDE profile.

So if, after seven trips to WDW you have one Band in each color, you can use any of them on any given day to get into the parks with your AP. (I'd actually think that might be helpful for AP holders... Leave one in each pf your cars, one at work, one at home... Heading to WDW on the spur of the moment? Just grab whichever Band is most handy)

-Rob

ExtinctJenn

So if, after seven trips to WDW you have one Band in each color, you can use any of them on any given day to get into the parks with your AP. (I'd actually think that might be helpful for AP holders... Leave one in each pf your cars, one at work, one at home... Heading to WDW on the spur of the moment? Just grab whichever Band is most handy)
Dumb question though... does the fingerprint scan link stick with them appropriately in those cases? I'd sure hope so else you'd have folks who buy a single AP and share it with everyone in their family by giving them each one of their extra MBs. :D

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Dumb question though... does the fingerprint scan link stick with them appropriately in those cases? I'd sure hope so else you'd have folks who buy a single AP and share it with everyone in their family by giving them each one of their extra MBs. :D
Yes, your finger scan must match.

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
It's best if people stop thinking of tickets being linked to a Band or a specific RFID card. Once you link a ticket to your MDE profile, it becomes an e-ticket. You can then access that ticket using *any* Band or RFID card that is also linked to your MDE profile.

-Rob
Oh I had no clue they were linked like that! That makes much more sense!

ddrongowski

-Rob
I wouldn't leave the band in a car, especially in FL heat. The battery will get depleted in an extremely short amount of time. Batteries and heat do not mix.

Rob562

I wouldn't leave the band in a car, especially in FL heat. The battery will get depleted in an extremely short amount of time. Batteries and heat do not mix.

Though for the "Big Brother" folks on here that'd be a good thing. The battery is only part of the broadcast portion of the Band, the ones that will be used for interactive features (and potentially tracking features).

Any use that requires you to put the Band in very close proximity to a reader (hotel room lock, park entrance, FP+ entrance, cash register, etc) is a passive system and is totally unpowered, therefore would not be affected by the internal battery dying.

The passive systems in the Band will (theoretically) work indefinitely.

-Rob

jheltz27

We have a split stay coming up on 11/30 and the second set of bands for our 2nd resort just showed up yesterday in MDE. The first one had been showing up for 20 something days. Both have a customize date of 10/30. Wonder why it just showed up. I did online check-in around the 1st of the month.

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
We have a split stay coming up on 11/30 and the second set of bands for our 2nd resort just showed up yesterday in MDE. The first one had been showing up for 20 something days. Both have a customize date of 10/30. Wonder why it just showed up. I did online check-in around the 1st of the month.
Interesting. I have no clue why it would come early! We have had a ton of glitches though with our reservations. The system is so wacky!

lostpro9het

So we decided to add a day to our trip during Christmas week and rented some points at SSR, thank you EOD K9, and you guessed it, 4th set of bands just got customized! I think we're gonna hand them as halloween treats next year.

jheltz27

So we decided to add a day to our trip during Christmas week and rented some points at SSR, thank you EOD K9, and you guessed it, 4th set of bands just got customized! I think we're gonna hand them as halloween treats next year.
It looks like we're about to get another 2 sets of 4 bands as well which would make 4 sets (16 bands). We just got 2 separate emails that we would be receiving bands for our split stay and needed to customize them by 11/19 & 11/20 for our 11/30 & 12/1 check-ins (which seems rather tight to me) but our other 2 sets that show in MDE are due to be shipped in 4 days. Come on Disney, as a shareholder you need to clean this system up so you're not wasting more $$

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom