1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

2nd family now sues Disneyland for racism involving characters

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by dcibrando, Feb 10, 2013.

1. dcibrando

dcibrando Well-Known Member

It's happened again -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onald-Duck-refuses-hug-son.html#axzz2KSQI4Rl1

1st - how do they know the person inside the costumes aren't the same race as them?

2nd - what evidence do they have? Characters can barely see out of their costumes anyways there are times you're next to them and they don't see you. Can I sue that Mickey put his arm around my wife and child and not me last time. Had to be racism, he's a mouse part white and black. Discrimination and racism for sure

3rd - the first family claiming this last name was Black, this family's last name is White? You just can't make this stuff up lol
    AllyInWonderland likes this.
  2. John

John Premium Member

I suspect that the second family heard about the first and wants to get in on the what now will become a class action suit. Disney really dosnt need this. I am not the biggest fan of Disney right now but this has no basis IMO. If Disney is anything they are politically correct to a fault. Disney descriminates? Puhlllleeeasssee! This is a case where they will never win. It would be very difficult to prove that the reason your kid didnt get hugged by Donald is the result of racism. Were the kids hugged by other characters? Were there any other incidences that were considered discrimination with the families? I hardly think so. Disney sharks will eat this one up.
  3. Disneydreamer23

Disneydreamer23 Well-Known Member

this is why the world is messed up, like the time the lady sued for her chicken nuggets from mcdonalds because she got 3 instead of 4
  4. bkgrim

bkgrim Member

Stupid people! Wanting something for free. Get a life, get over it. Don't make me pay for your lack of intelligence
    KDiS88 likes this.
  5. raven24

raven24 Well-Known Member

There's already a thread about this.
  6. DABIGCHEEZ

DABIGCHEEZ Well-Known Member

And I suppose there will be others to come forward looking for some quick cash. Come to think of it... Woody just walked right by my son a few years back when my son was trying to shake his hand... how much do you think I can get???:rolleyes:

Funny how the other family's name was Black(if I remember correctly) and this family's name is White.
  7. Hedwig's Keeper

Hedwig's Keeper Active Member

I can't remember what book I was reading (I'll try to find it and post it) but there was a CM that took off their glove to show that they were the same race as the person accusing that CM of being treated differently because of their race.
  8. rbrower

rbrower Well-Known Member

My sister was knocked down by Winnie the Pooh sometime around 1989. Time to call up our lawyer.
    The Empress Lilly likes this.
  9. wedway71

wedway71 Well-Known Member

What is interesting is that there is a Youtube video for just about EVERYTHING... especially when people think they are being wronged.... Is there any video of this in either cases???? I would think there would be, ESPECIALLY if they really had a legitimate grip. Instead all we see are pics of character hugging white kids, which could have been taken at various times of the day. Do we know that there was not some kind of line and these kids just cut??? I was not there, but I do find it funny that there is not a lot of proof of anything....

My point is when Tigger slapped the crap out of that kid in Florida(in which he was cleared) there was a video.
  10. AllyInWonderland

AllyInWonderland Well-Known Member

I'm just cracking up about the last names! Black and White! :p
    croboy82, KDiS88 and TP2000 like this.
  11. TubaGeek

TubaGeek God bless the "Ignore" button.

You know that is not at all what happened, right?
    But you have a good point about characters potentially ignoring them because they cut the line. WDW has enough control that that's a rare occurrence nowadays (aside from Green Army Men or irregular M&G locations like Goofy at Blizzard Beach), but I've heard that DL is much more casual.
  12. wedway71

From what I read, the kid(Teen) was trying to pull off or tug at the back of Tigger's costume and or mask. I have been to both WDW and DL and have seen characters interact with people of ALL races and ethicities and have never in many years seen anything but respect for all guests...EVEN the schmucks that come thinking their kids are entitled to act like little turds since they paid admission.
  13. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

What I think he meant is that the prevailing story is that the kid was messing with the back of Tigger's and Tigger swung his arm around to keep everything together and zipped and hit the kid in the process. Unintentionally.
    RandomPrincess and TubaGeek like this.
  14. wedway71

I agree... From the first time I saw the video(many years back) I felt Tigger did nothing wrong. Of course, as usual, the parents, and the kid played victim."Oh my Son was traumatized by getting attacked by a guy in a Tigger costume....I am going to Sue for like a gizallion dollars...despite my turd of a Son acting like a Putz"
    TubaGeek likes this.
  15. Wdwprince

Wdwprince Well-Known Member

I read that the White family is suing because Michael Jackson didn't appear to touch them during Capt EO. While everyone else was marveling at the bottoms of
    MJs feet dangling above their noses, the Whites were feeling alone and slighted in the dark, last row.
    Apparently they weren't wearing their 3D glasses. The case has been dismissed.
    TubaGeek likes this.
  16. TubaGeek

There's a first: a Michael Jackson lawsuit because he DIDN'T touch someone's kid...
    Wdwprince and The Empress Lilly like this.
  17. raven24

Can we not bring in Michael Jackson jokes, please?
  18. TubaGeek

Clearly it's too late for that.
  19. raven24

No it's not.
  20. TubaGeek

It's already been said, so...