25th anniversary

Gemma89

Original Poster
have we had any news yet about what's going on for the 25th anniversary next year? I'm looking at maybe fitting it in in spring before I do Florida in September as mum is desperate and we were Florida for theirs..... I know the official date is April 12th but what's going one before and past that?

Donald Dutch

A new parade, a new version of Disney Dreams, a new princess show on Castle Stage and a celebration with characters on Central Plaza (something like Goofy's Garden Party).

AndyS2992

As for rides:
-Big Thunder Mountain upgrade
-Pirates of the Caribbean to get Jack Sparrow updates
-Star Tours 2.0
-New queue for Peter Pan's Flight
-Refurbishments for It's a Small World, Space Mountain & Railroad have already gone ahead.
-New show replacing Animagique.
-Disney-Pixar Short Film Festival just replaced Captain EO
And a few more general refurbishments.

GiveMeTheMusic

@Animaniac93-98 - if I had the choice of a late fall 2016 trip (no BTMRR, yes Pirates, original Dreams) and a late spring 2017 trip (25th, no pirates possibly, new Dreams) which do you think would be better? Having a hard time deciding.

Animaniac93-98

@Animaniac93-98 - if I had the choice of a late fall 2016 trip (no BTMRR, yes Pirates, original Dreams) and a late spring 2017 trip (25th, no pirates possibly, new Dreams) which do you think would be better? Having a hard time deciding.

I don't think Pirates will reopen until July 2017, so late spring would be no to that, but everything else would be open. For that reason, I'd recommend late spring. Weather will be better and you'll have the benefit of things like more comfortable trains on SM, the Forest of Enchantment stage show (vs nothing at Chaparral during the fall) etc.

EDIT: how late is "late fall"? Keep in Mind X-Mas at DLP starts really early and that means no regular Dreams as of November 11th.

GiveMeTheMusic

I don't think Pirates will reopen until July 2017, so late spring would be no to that, but everything else would be open. For that reason, I'd recommend late spring. Weather will be better and you'll have the benefit of things like more comfortable trains on SM, the Forest of Enchantment stage show (vs nothing at Chaparral during the fall) etc.

EDIT: how late is "late fall"? Keep in Mind X-Mas at DLP starts really early and that means no regular Dreams as of November 11th.

Good to know. I would just be so sad to miss pirates. May have to push til after it reopens.

cjkeating

Most likely coming from Southern California.

It's a difficult one...

I would say Dreams is unlikely to be 'improved' from an overall enjoyment point of view in the next version as I think it is literally perfect as it is and also it is unlikely adding Jonny Depp to Pirates is going to improve it either. With the rumours of Hyperspace Mountain coming next year to Space Mountain that would also be another negative. However you wouldn't have Big Thunder Mountain this year, it is the best BTM however I don't know if it is different enough to sway a trip.

On the flip side coming next year you would have all of the 25th events along with the park being the best it has probably ever looked since it opened with the refurbishments completed (after Pirates).

The Halloween offerings are quite good to say they are included in your ticket and you still get original Dreams so I would be tempted to say come this year. Also... the Dollar/Euro exchange rate might be improved with Brexit having an effect?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom