$25 Gift Card Offer?

jkl2000

Original Poster
(I posted this in the DVC forum, but thought I might get a response here.)

I got one of those cards in the mail offering a $25 Disney gift card if I call and listen to a 10 minute spiel about DVC (which I have no interest in right now). Is it worth calling and hearing the spiel? Is it automated or a live person? Do I have to interact a lot and answer questions, or can I zone out and do other stuff (i.e., make the call while at work)? Would be nice to get an extra $25 to spend at WDW which is 45 days out now.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I got one of those cards in the mail offering a $25 Disney gift card if I call and listen to a 10 minute spiel about DVC (which I have no interest in right now). Is it worth calling and hearing the spiel? Is it automated or a live person? Do I have to interact a lot and answer questions, or can I zone out and do other stuff (i.e., make the call while at work)? Would be nice to get an extra $25 to spend at WDW which is 45 days out now.
From experience, anything that sounds too good to true normally is.

Also Time Share spiels are notorious for going over their advertised length.

While Disney isn't really know for the hard sell. I would count on it lasting longer than you would really care for especially if you have no interest in the product.

allgiggles

I did this a few months ago. The call took just a few minutes. It's not an automated call, you'll talk to a DVC rep/agent. They will e-mail you a link to a website you'll need to go to while on the phone. While I was waiting for the e-mail to show up in my mailbox, the rep asked me what I knew about DVC. I rattled off what I knew (I've looked into it on a few occasions so I knew all the basics). Once the e-mail showed up, the rep walked me through where to find pricing and information on each of the DVC resorts and then said he'd follow up with a packet in the mail and that my gift card would be mailed in 4-6 weeks. There was no pressure to buy anything or to listen to more than the very basics about DVC. I got the information packet a few days later (it was basically a DVD and a print catalog version of the website they linked me to) and my $25 gift card showed up about 10 days later. There was a follow-up phone call from the rep at some point (maybe 2 weeks after the original call), but again, no pressure -- it was more of a "did you get all the information I sent you and do you have any questions?" type call. That was it.

For me, it was worth the 5 minute time investment to get the $25 gift card. DVC is very low key when it comes to sales. In my experience (I've requested information a few times in the past), there is no pressure at all to buy. It's nothing like a time share sales spiel. I know a few other people who took advantage of this offer and they all had similar experiences to mine. None of them spent more than 7-8 minutes on the phone.

jkl2000

Original Poster
I did this a few months ago. The call took just a few minutes. It's not an automated call, you'll talk to a DVC rep/agent. They will e-mail you a link to a website you'll need to go to while on the phone. While I was waiting for the e-mail to show up in my mailbox, the rep asked me what I knew about DVC. I rattled off what I knew (I've looked into it on a few occasions so I knew all the basics). Once the e-mail showed up, the rep walked me through where to find pricing and information on each of the DVC resorts and then said he'd follow up with a packet in the mail and that my gift card would be mailed in 4-6 weeks. There was no pressure to buy anything or to listen to more than the very basics about DVC. I got the information packet a few days later (it was basically a DVD and a print catalog version of the website they linked me to) and my $25 gift card showed up about 10 days later. There was a follow-up phone call from the rep at some point (maybe 2 weeks after the original call), but again, no pressure -- it was more of a "did you get all the information I sent you and do you have any questions?" type call. That was it.

For me, it was worth the 5 minute time investment to get the $25 gift card. DVC is very low key when it comes to sales. In my experience (I've requested information a few times in the past), there is no pressure at all to buy. It's nothing like a time share sales spiel. I know a few other people who took advantage of this offer and they all had similar experiences to mine. None of them spent more than 7-8 minutes on the phone.

Thanks, that's about what I expected. Seems worth it to me. Just can't do it at work.

RoyWalley

I took the survey a few years back and i received a $100 gift card. It took about 10-15 minutes. The person i was talking with was very friendly. We ended about just talking about WDW. There was no pressure at all.

It was something they had mailed me (DVC) and like i mentioned is was a few years ago. Sorry, i wish i had the number.

deanaandrich

I did it a couple months ago. No there is not a number or link to sign yourself up for it as everyone has their own ID. It took about 15 minutes on the phone. I'm a local so I told her why I stay offsite more often which she then tried to convince me that in another 15 years I'll be paying 600 bucks a night for. I got the info packet a few days later and the gift card came about 2 weeks later. If you are hoping to have it in a short time frame you may not make it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom