24 Hour Event In 2016? Still a Possibility?

JasonDeyoung

I honestly was surprised they had one last year so my guess is pretty much out the door. They have been losing popularity past few years so I can't imagine they will run much longer if they do. I think last years was announced in March or April so we should find out soon I guess

**This is for the one at WDW**

Last edited:

Curious Constance

I honestly was surprised they had one last year so my guess is pretty much out the door. They have been losing popularity past few years so I can't imagine they will run much longer if they do. I think last years was announced in March or April so we should find out soon I guess
Losing popularity? I think they've been too popular and that proved to be a problem for Disney last year. But then again, didn't they run the event at the same time they debuted the new parade and fireworks?

JasonDeyoung

Losing popularity? I think they've been too popular and that proved to be a problem for Disney last year. But then again, didn't they run the event at the same time they debuted the new parade and fireworks?
The problem with them is yes ppl pack the park when it opens but as the night goes on it clears out big time. I went two years ago and last years was same thing come late night the park is empty

ForeverAnna

I was hoping they would do it for leap day again but I think they would have announced it by now. I really want to do one but the last few have been a holiday weekend and we're not announced soon enough for me to get it off. This year I've planned ahead and already scheduled a few days around leap day and Memorial Day. So I hope they don't change the pattern.

Californian Elitist

I was hoping they would do it for leap day again but I think they would have announced it by now. I really want to do one but the last few have been a holiday weekend and we're not announced soon enough for me to get it off. This year I've planned ahead and already scheduled a few days around leap day and Memorial Day. So I hope they don't change the pattern.

I'm pretty sure Disney has never announced a 24-hr event this early in the year.

JasonDeyoung

I figured that.

The event is still popular here in California at Disneyland and California Adventure.
Yeah it seems the past few years it's been more popular at DL. I mean it's cool and all, but me personally once was enough. The MK here with EMH is open late anyways so it kinda takes away from the actual experience. Just my opinion

GiveMeTheMusic

I hope DL steers clear of it from now on. The last one almost resulted in riots, with unattended mobs held outside bag check screaming, pushing and trampling. It was pandemonium and poorly run - DL sat mostly empty all day after closing gates preemptively despite being nowhere near capacity. I'd rather they not do it ever again at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom