20k Leagues Queue

Mickeyrulz

Original Poster
You know the old 20K Leagues queue that became the Character Festival in the later years? Well I thought the queue went on a "bridge" around the "Rock" structures in the scenery of the ride.

Can anyone elaborate or tell me if that part had been walled off?

bhg469

Mickeyrulz said:
You know the old 20K Leagues queue that became the Character Festival in the later years? Well I thought the queue went on a "bridge" around the "Rock" structures in the scenery of the ride.

Can anyone elaborate or tell me if that part had been walled off?

im pretty sure that is all gone now

Jerm

Hey Mickey I found a site you may want to check out. Do a search for Walt Dated World it has a lot of the basic info you were looking for. As far as the queue goes I think it was just the main area that was there for years and if it ever backed up it would go back toward the Tea Cups.

J

TheDisneyGirl02

If I'm not mistaken, I think I might know what you are talking about. To get into the queue, even when it turned into FCF, you had to walk through a walkway that I can see how you thought was a bridge. It was fairly narrow and then you had to walk around a corner and to the right to get to the queue. I'm not sure if you are talking about that or if you're talking about when you boarded the ride. Anybody know anything different?

TheDisneyGirl02

Mickeyrulz

Original Poster
I am talking about when you boarded the ride. In a photo I found online (can't post attachments :( ) I saw that there seemed to be a short "bridge" with a "rock" strucutre around it near the loading dock.

Also the old 20K leagues area lamps, I hear, are being kept?? Where will they be moved to? (See on www.mkt3000.com on the latest 20k stuff you see one laying on the ground)

WDWScottieBoy

Mickeyrulz said:
I am talking about when you boarded the ride. In a photo I found online (can't post attachments :( ) I saw that there seemed to be a short "bridge" with a "rock" strucutre around it near the loading dock.

Are you sure you weren't seeing pictures of the Tokyo version? They have a bridge with a large rock wall behind it. I was never there at WDW when their version was open so I can't help much more. I just remember seeing pictures from Tokyo of their version and that sounds sort of like what you mentioned.

DigitalDisney

When it was operating at max capacity, the 20K loading are had 2 stations running side by side. To get to the near side, only a small bridge was necessary to go from the main dock to the sub itself. To get to the other loading platform, you had to cross a small bridge over the closer loading channel. Since subs went right through the bridge area, a crew member had to raise and lower this bridge when a sub passed.

I hope I got that right. It's been years since I've seen it in action.

Lee

Adventurer
If I understand your question, the answer is no, you did not cross a bridge to get into the queue. You just went between some rocks and palm trees.

The only bridges were from the queue to the subs. Like Digital Disney said, there were two sets of bridges, one for each loading station.

Here is a decent photo that sort of shows what I mean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom