Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Moderate with Quick Service

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Deluxe with Dining Plan

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters

DreamalittleDisney

Original Poster
So free disney dining is available in the UK from 6th April.. price difference is about £1k between each level of hotel on a 10night stay for 2 adults and a child.

The unanswerable question then is deluxe worth it...we think we will head to wilderness lodge of we choose deluxe is the extra £1k worth it for location, hotel amenities and better choice of meals and character dining included?

We stayed at CBR last year didn't hate it but quite a trek from room to food, pool ect.

Attachments

• 20170330_130943.jpg
    20170330_130943.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20170330_130945.jpg
    20170330_130945.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20170330_130947.jpg
    20170330_130947.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 40

MotherofaPrincessLover

I stayed at Wilderness Lodge last September and loved it! Everything seems close by each other at that resort. As far as being worth it, that's only something you can decide. Personally, I'd probably go for it to have that extra convenience on a longer stay.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Wilderness Lodge. Construction will be completed in 2017, new pool, Geyser Springs bar will be a great place to eat, drink and sit during that time of year. And the convenience of the boat to MK.

BASS

It's a personal matter for you in terms of money; but it's really impossible to compare Wilderness Lodge to any moderate. The WL is absolutely beautiful.

ParentsOf4

Port Orleans Riverside (POR) is a lovely Moderate Resort and, IMO, is as well-themed as the Wilderness Lodge (WL). (I have stayed at both more than once.) However, there are other factors to consider:
  1. You mentioned that you did not like the size of CBR last year. POR is just as large. Unless you get a room near the lobby, it can be a long walk. The WL is much more compact. Port Orleans French Quarter (POFQ) is much smaller than POR, but I don't know if this is an option for you.
  2. The WL is a boat ride from the Magic Kingdom. Although this sounds cool and you should try it at least once, we've found that the buses are much faster.
  3. The extra £1000 ($1250) is over 10 nights; $125/night. That sounds about right for POR vs. WL. However ...
  4. It appears you also get the standard Disney Dining Plan (DDP) rather than the Quick Service Plan. Over the course of a 10-night stay, there's the distinct possibility that you will begin to really dislike QS meals. The standard DDP gives you the chance to mix it up a bit with one Table Service (TS) meal per day.
Assuming your Deluxe Resort includes the DDP over the Moderate Resort QS plan, I suggest you go with the Deluxe Resort option.

Webb180

Have stayed at Wilderness Lodge a couple of times on the dining plan it's worth the extra money without the added bonus of the table service which then opens up another magical world of dining options not available to you on the quick service. You could have Lunch in the castle using 2 of the credits or book a meal at any of the very good hotel table service restaurants and then you have the added bonus of all the Disney Springs eateries which are table service only. Hope this helps as we travel over from the UK and have used both options in the past and always found that eating meals when on quick service only became more of a chore than a pleasant family experience. If you choose Wilderness Lodge please use a couple of the credits on the Hoop De Doo Revue which is a pleasant boat ride away at Fort Wilderness.

Last edited:

SuzGM84

Quick Q re: the UK free dining v. US free dining. DH and I went on free dining last year and stayed at the CB with the standard DDP. When we booked in 2016 it was the QS plan for values and DDP for mods. Is the UK free dining promo different than the US promo or has Disney changed the promo all together?

Webb180

Quick Q re: the UK free dining v. US free dining. DH and I went on free dining last year and stayed at the CB with the standard DDP. When we booked in 2016 it was the QS plan for values and DDP for mods. Is the UK free dining promo different than the US promo or has Disney changed the promo all together?
UK package is quick service for moderates and table service for deluxe hotels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom