2017 Universal Trip

trr1

Original Poster
I know this is not in the trip report thread but if I put it in the regular WDW trip thread may not like a
universal studios report there so here goes a special thanks to my two Secretary's Sarah and Val these will be daily and not hourly

Day 1
Got in the car at 6:45 am to leave.
ry%3D400

Crossed into Maryland at 740 am after leaving home at 7 am.

Reached 1st stop Chesapeake House at 750 am,
ry%3D400

had breakfast and potty break
ry%3D400

before getting back on the road at 830 am. Went through Fort MC Henry Tunnel at 910 am.
Arrived at DC Outer Loop at 935am. Entered Virginia at 955 am.
ry%3D400

Very heavy traffic from Lorton to Fredricksburg, Virginia. Stopped at Virginia Welcome Center
ry%3D400

at 12 pm for lunch. Back on road at 1250 pm. Looped around Richmond, Virginia around 150 pm. Entered North Carolina at 315 pm. Stopped at the Welcome Center at 320 pm and back on road at 335 pm. Rain started at 411 pm near Wilson and Clinton, North Carolina. Heavy rain near Smithfield with lots of lightning.
ry%3D400

Arrived in South Carolina at around 650 pm.
ry%3D400

Arrived at hotel Americas Best Value Inn
at 7 pm (spooky). At 710 pm went for dinner at Huddle House. Food was okay, was southern fried chicken salad
ry%3D400

Sorry @JenniferS for the tomatoes

it was like an old coffee shop. Night off to bed at 940 pm. more to come

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm in for the trip! :) Road trip TRs are always full of fun surprises. (I think it's o.k. to include your TR in general chit chat. The only other place I could think of would be in the "Other Orlando Attractions" forum, the Universal Orlando subthread there.) Anyway, doesn't matter--wherever this ends up, I'm tagging along! :D

Tick Tock

Entered North Carolina at 315 pm. Stopped at the Welcome Center at 320 pm and back on road at 335 pm. Rain started at 411 pm near Wilson and Clinton, North Carolina. Heavy rain near Smithfield with lots of lightning.
ry%3D400
I tried shining a "Hi trr1 & family!" spotlight signal high in the air as you journeyed through this region, but didn't have a bright enough bulb. :(

Safe travels!

trr1

Original Poster
Day 2 part 1

Up at 330 am, could not sleep. We decided to leave at 430 am and skipped breakfast at the Bates Motel. Went to the Quickie Mart next door and got lunch for later on. Drove to Manning, South Carolina and stopped at McDonalds for breakfast at 6 am. Back onto road at 630 am. Crossed into Georgia at 819 am.
ry%3D400

Stopped at Georgia welcome center at 822 am.
ry%3D400

Very nice center that had numerous attractions.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Back onto road at 853 am. Entered Florida at 1030 am.
ry%3D400

Stopped at Florida welcome center for lunch at 1035 for lunch.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Crossed scary bridge at 1139 am.
ry%3D400

trr1

Original Poster
Day 2 part 2 Light rain showers in the afternoon. Heavy construction traffic for the last 20 miles of the trip before arriving at Lowes Royal Pacific Resort around 227 pm.
loews-royal-pacific-resort-complete-guide-with-over-200-hd-photos-entrance-sign_entrance-resort_home-decor_home-decor-magazines-decorating-stores-western-pinterest-diy-fetco-office-ideas-yosemite-chea_797x448.jpg

entered bridge into lobby
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Went to registration and were surprised to receive a complementary roll away bed. Got into room at around 330 pm and settled in for a little bit.
ry%3D400

Around 5 pm we left for Universal Studios
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

and dinner at Mel’s Diner around 530 pm. of chicken fingers and fries
ry%3D400

on our way to ET experience we crossed paths with Sponge Bob,Patrick,Squid ward then came Dora .
Our first ride was E.T., followed by the Simpsons ride (which was great I laughed my Butt off during the whole ride), then the Hurl n’ Twirl
ry%3D400

, followed by Men in Black. Headed over to Diagon Alley and explored for awhile afterwards
ry%3D400

. Rode Escape from Gringotts, which was fun.
ry%3D400

Watched Tales of Beetle the Bard (Fountain of Fair Fortune) play.
ry%3D400

had 2 very overpriced drinks (Gilly water $6 and Pumpkin Juice $6)to me the pumpkin juice tasted like pumpkin pie with ginger snap crust
Our last ride of the night was Revenge of the Mummy (oh my god). Left for the hotel at 915 pm. Called room service about broken fridge. Took a shower (walk in shower which was very large) and no you wont have any pictures on me in the shower it wouldn't be fair to your spouses:rolleyes:
ry%3D400

, the new fridge was delivered and got ready for bed.
end of day 2 more fun to come

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Great report so far. Revenge of the Mummy is pretty spectacular. Glad you liked it.

We haven't been back to Universal since they removed Back to the Future for the Simpsons ride. The Potter stuff looks pretty cool.

That's a very nice shower in your hotel. Certainly nicer than Disney Values or Moderates. (Not sure about the Deluxes, as I am too cheap/broke to pay those rates. :hilarious:)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm always intrigued by the "other" stuff, too. I like how you took pictures at the Georgia and Florida welcome centers. The big fish definitely adds to the "ambiance" . . . ;)

Reminds me of family car trips when I was a kid. We'd always stop at (whatever state) we entered, and browse through whatever information they shared in their roadside welcome center. I recall coming back to the car with a bunch of colorful pamphlets, brochures, and maps. :)

Anyway, glad you all made it safely to your Universal destination.

Nemo14

I'm always intrigued by the "other" stuff, too. I like how you took pictures at the Georgia and Florida welcome centers. The big fish definitely adds to the "ambiance" . . . ;)

Reminds me of family car trips when I was a kid. We'd always stop at (whatever state) we entered, and browse through whatever information they shared in their roadside welcome center. I recall coming back to the car with a bunch of colorful pamphlets, brochures, and maps. :)

Anyway, glad you all made it safely to your Universal destination.
DH still picks up all those pamphlets every time we stop. Drives. me. nuts!

trr1

Original Poster
Day 3 first full day

Woke up at 3 to 330 am, went back to sleep until 530 am. Got up and had breakfast between 6 am and 7 am. kids have rice krispies for the week, wife has Raisin Bran and girlfriend and myself are having Cinnamon and sugar Belvitas and chocolate chip granola bars
ry%3D400

Left for Islands of Adventure for early entry at 7 am. and
ry%3D400

passed Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen where we will be eating at later in the week.
ry%3D400

We were allowed into the park at 745 am and we headed to Hogsmeade area.
ry%3D400

Rode Harry Potter Forbidden Journey, then Flight of the Hippogriff.
ry%3D400

While wife, girlfriend and son rode Dragon Challenge, daughter and I walked around Honeydukes and Hogsmeade. 1030 am rode Jurrasic Park River Adventure… Got wet.
ry%3D400

Went over to Skull Island Reign of Kong.
ry%3D400

The dinosaurs and worm spit on me. After Kong, went to ride Spider-Man at 11 am. daughter and myself waiting for spiderman
ry%3D400

Headed over Captain America Diner for lunch at 1130
am. Had a chicken sandwich combo it came with fries and a Shake so thick you had to use a spoon do drink it
ry%3D400

After lunch
ry%3D400

, went over to Seuss Landing,
ry%3D400

rode the Carou-Seuss-Sel. it Had a very small saddles that it cramped my "style".
upload_2017-6-26_22-7-6.jpeg
After the ride we rode High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train ride.
1188398d-f815-4810-b8fb-00f7a2e9fedb.jpg

Headed back to room to relax for awhile at 105 pm. Changed and went to the pool. Was able to get into pool for about 30 mins, when storm clouds rolled into area with lightning warning so we had to leave pool. At 330 pm went to the gym to enjoy the hot tub.
ry%3D400

Left pool at 430 pm to go back to room to change for dinner. Then walked over to Cabana Bay to eat at the Galaxy Bowl. We had dinner at 530 pm. I had a cheeseburger with bacon jam and a fried dippy egg on it a dish of fruit and a pineapple and coconut mojito adult beverage
19420575_1955112828091173_8022259590533775761_n.jpg

At 630 pm took bus from Cabana Bay to City Walk to walk off dinner. It started to rain and we left at around 8 pm for the hotel. And we’re back in the hotel at 830 pm relaxing before bed.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

@trr1 Great thread! Do they still have the Shrek attraction and the Spiderman ride at Universal?
btw......and what I'm about to say it so not important:
We miss you on the game forum.
Is @StarWarsGirl on vacation too?
Some game threads need some new posts.
....but like I said.....that is so unimportant!
Great pix...great thread! Keep having fun...and when the time comes to drive back to PA:
SAFE DRIVIN' !!!
;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom