2017 trip

Gemma89

Hi guys!

So I've finally booked for me and the mr for September 2017 for 16 days staying at the CBR, and we have the Disney dining plan (1 table service, 1 quick service and 2 snacks per night of he holiday). I booked last Friday and been trying to link to my My Disney Exp app and online ready to start making payments towards it from next pay day.... But for some reason it's not recognising the reservation number. Am I trying too soon?

Also how early does everyone start planning for their day to day plans and dining reservations? I'm presuming even though I'm UK that I can still book my ADRS and FP+ the 180 and 60 days out respectively?

Does anyone have any tips on planning the rest now? We have a 14 day park hopper for Disney (all that's available over here) and that will run out on Monday 9th October, so we're planning that day and the last day to hit Universal Studios.... We're also looking at doing the Halloween party at Disney at some point and we want to take advantage of the food and wine festival seeing as we're both foodies and have no kids to drag with us.....

Any hints and tips and recommendations would be much appreciated! I've done the pre booking planning but now it's the important stuff haha

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Call them they probably have the wrong email associated with your reservation. The email on the reservation needs to match the email on your MDE account. It would have shown up automatically if the emails matched almost right away but if they don't match it will not even let you add your reservation to your MDE account because it's like it associates it with someone else. This has happened to me because they had my old email and not my current one that I used with MDE. A simple phone call to them should get the issue fixed. ;)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Oooo ok thankyou! I'll have a look after work :)

You're very welcome!! And you may not even see it on your end because the email they mail you the confirmation may be correct but yet the email tied to the reservation may be a different one you cannot see. I couldn't see it anywhere and the email they sent the confirmation to was correct but yet the reservation itself had another email associated with it. Lol ;)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

That's a bit messed up haha! How can you find out what email is tied to reservation? I'm hoping here that they have a UK helpline....

Most likely you will have to call the US number for reservations but y'all may have a UK number but don't remember for certain. And even if you see it is wrong, you would have to call to change it over for the reservation. I know you can't online once it's done. I physically had to call to change it. Hope you are able to get it all worked out. ;)

Upvote 0

Gemma89

Original Poster
I've re read my initial email and that says it could take up to 7 days so I'll keep trying till Friday n then panick. I do hope we can make all the reservations etc early coz that's really mess up our holiday considering we've got the dining plan!!

Upvote 0

Gemma89

Original Poster
I know we don't get our magic bands till check in and we can't use the luggage delivery part of the magic express coz were international so our luggage has to get through customs

Upvote 0

Gurt

yes mine is linked but when I 1st logged on for this trip and tried to enter my details it said there was a problem with the email address, however if i ignored that page and went direct to 'plan & manage' and clicked 'my reservations' everything was in there for my booking, it had linked automatically. While I have been booking my ADR's it does list me twice, once as my MDE 'log on' name and as myself through the booking reservation with my full 'passport name' if that makes sense, so maybe wait a few days and it might update itself.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I booked last Friday and been trying to link to my My Disney Exp app and online ready to start making payments towards it from next pay day.... But for some reason it's not recognising the reservation number. Am I trying too soon?
Gemma - have you booked directly through Disney or through a tour operator (Virgin, Thomson etc) ? When we went last August (booking almost 12 months in advance of that) it took about 7-10 days for the MDE account to set up - we booked through a tour operator

Also how early does everyone start planning for their day to day plans and dining reservations? I'm presuming even though I'm UK that I can still book my ADRS and FP+ the 180 and 60 days out respectively?
I'd put a tentative plan together now, based upon this years park hours and EMH - you can tweak that as the months roll by. Important to note is that Sept 2017 park hours will be posted about 10 days before you're able to book your dining. We like to have a park plan in place ready for when we can book ADRs. Park hours can and will change right up to the day you visit the park

Does anyone have any tips on planning the rest now? We have a 14 day park hopper for Disney (all that's available over here) and that will run out on Monday 9th October,
It expires 14 days AFTER first use. As your WDW arrival will be late afternoon / early evening we never visit a park on this day (its a waste of a day) and visit Disney Springs instead

I know we don't get our magic bands till check in and we can't use the luggage delivery part of the magic express coz were international so our luggage has to get through customs
I don't see why you can't ??? Just go through passport control, collect your cases, and head towards the Disney buses - no different (make sure you ask for luggage labels well in advance)

Upvote 0

Gemma89

Original Poster
I've booked the accommodation etc and tickets through Disney themselves and we're waiting to book flights once they are available in November.... We had our hand forced with the dining plan offer ending!

I'm putting together an idea of what park we wanna go to on which day, and how many days we wanna spend in each roughly so we an start looking at menus to figure out dining ready for March and he ADR booking. The big problem is we wanna do the Halloween party at least once and have no real idea when those are likely to be on next year to be able to figure out if we want a late start at magic kingdom that day to then stay late.

The tickets are 14 days after first use? So technically we could make them last the full holiday will and go to universal whenever? Obviously both travel days will be half days s gonna do Disney springs those days I think

And do we get th luggage tags in the uk? Nothing's overly clear haha. Coz that'd be awesome if we can get it all through customs and then have it delivered to our room so we can go and explore once we've checked in.... Coz both times at Paris we've had to store it as we can't get in our rooms till around 3/4 and have to go queue to get it and drag it down to the room were in

Upvote 0

emma c

And do we get th luggage tags in the uk? Nothing's overly clear haha. Coz that'd be awesome if we can get it all through customs and then have it delivered to our room so we can go and explore once we've checked in.... Coz both times at Paris we've had to store it as we can't get in our rooms till around 3/4 and have to go queue to get it and drag it down to the room were in[/QUOTE]

Not sure about luggage tags either , we're going next May and using ME my plan was just to take suitcases with us as by time we arrive at hotel the room will be ready anyway.

Upvote 0

Gemma89

Original Poster
Yeah there is that, we're yet to book the flights but most won't land till just after lunch and then obviously time to get through security and to the hotel we can probably do the same! Means we can unpack and go explore rather than having to do it later on

Upvote 0

wykes98

Hi guys!

So I've finally booked for me and the mr for September 2017 for 16 days staying at the CBR, and we have the Disney dining plan (1 table service, 1 quick service and 2 snacks per night of he holiday). I booked last Friday and been trying to link to my My Disney Exp app and online ready to start making payments towards it from next pay day.... But for some reason it's not recognising the reservation number. Am I trying too soon?

Does anyone have any tips on planning the rest now? We have a 14 day park hopper for Disney (all that's available over here) and that will run out on Monday 9th October, so we're planning that day and the last day to hit Universal Studios.... We're also looking at doing the Halloween party at Disney at some point and we want to take advantage of the food and wine festival seeing as we're both foodies and have no kids to drag with us.....

Any hints and tips and recommendations would be much appreciated! I've done the pre booking planning but now it's the important stuff haha

Hi Gemma
At the beginning of June i booked for next year direct with Disney and was told it would take approx. 6 weeks for my reservation to be able to link up with My Disney Experience.

Upvote 0

DreamalittleDisney

Heya you won't get luggage tags I asked on the moms panel and this was their reply on luggage from the UK.. tbh if I'm collecting it and going through customs I'm not putting it back on again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160711-081526.png
    Screenshot_20160711-081526.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom