2017 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

another dominant performance from the cup guys in the xfinity series again,Kyle Busch spun himself,had a pit road penalty dropped to 24th and still came back to win:rolleyes:
You may only have to deal with 10 more xfinity race wins out of Kyle Busch. After Kyle Busch won his 89th Xfinity, he said he'll be retiring for the Xfinity series when he gets 100 Xfinity race wins.

wdwfan4ver

There is something to keep an eye in NASCAR. BK racing is having their 3rd Tax Lien against them. What I know is Gary Gaulding's family only paid $640,000 of a $2 million contract

The owner is blaming Gary Gaulding for their money problems as a result, but there is a problem with that. BK racing has a history of not paying their drivers way before Gary Gaulding got on board.

BK Racing didn't pay Landon Cassill in 2012, didn't pay David Ragan last year, didn't pay Ryan Truex and Cole Whitt in 2014.

artvandelay

Kasey Kahne out at Hendrick Motor Sports after this season. NASCAR has been trying to lure in a new manufacturer to start a team. Maybe with Kenseth, Kurt Busch and Kasey Kahne as your potential drivers it could be a little easier?

Also, I could see Kenseth to HMS for a season or two until William Byron is ready.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Screenshot_2017-08-07-11-36-33.jpg

I LOVE NEW YORK 355, WATKINS GLEN

1. Martin Truex Jr.
2. Matt Kenseth
3. Daniel Suarez

wdwfan4ver

Kasey Kahne out at Hendrick Motor Sports after this season. NASCAR has been trying to lure in a new manufacturer to start a team. Maybe with Kenseth, Kurt Busch and Kasey Kahne as your potential drivers it could be a little easier?

Also, I could see Kenseth to HMS for a season or two until William Byron is ready.
I read rumors earlier in the year about Kasey going to GMS racing. What I know is GMS racing wants two cup teams next and it is expected they are going to get BK Racing's charters. The only problem with that is I don't know if BK racing is going to last to the end of the season.

There also is a chance of Kasey going to Stewart-Haas. Kahne and Stewart are friends off the track like Harvick and Stewart are. While Stewart-Haas is working Kurt Busch on a new contract, Danica Patrick is different thing. Danica has said that the only way she is back with Stewart-Haas is if she gets a sponsor. Danica's contract has a clause that can have her leave after this year.

wdwfan4ver

Toyota top 3. Some Ford and Chevy drivers complaining that Toyota has a big advantage now. Better aero and more horsepower.
I don't think areo and horsepower affect road course racing as much as a good amount of the cup tracks such as Michigan. Truex always been underrated for Road courses. Truex won at Sonoma for MWR in 2013 and Truex won at Mexico City in the Busch series with Chance 2 motorsports. Chance 2 was co-owned by Dale Jr and Dale Jr.'s stepmother.

I believe Ford has the most points in the Ford Manufacture championship and they do have a legit grip although Roush always been conservative in the engine department.

Chevy is something I question. My problem is Hendrick Motorsports was outperformed by Kevin Harvick/Stewart-Haas before going to ford. I saw problems started to show up in 2015 at Hendrick Motorsports from a speed standpoint. The 24 team that year was slowing down in Jeff's last full cup year and Kasey was slowing down. Last year Dale Jr. had bad luck before his concussion, but the 48 team was slipping despite winning the cup championship.

When Chip Ganassi is better than Hendrick Motorsports despite Chip getting the equipment that Hendrick has, there is a problem with Hendrick Motorsports.

RCR has two problems. RCR is known to be conservative in the engine department even back when they had Dale Earnhardt Sr. as a driver. The 2nd problem is their driver lineup right now.

Paul Menard is not a 2nd tier cup driver at all despite him being good xfinity series driver. Ryan Newman is a driver that people have overrated early in his cup career. While Newman is known to be hard to pass, he's never was a tier 1 driver. A lot of Ryan wins are by crew calls by fuel mileage, and tire strategy by taking 2 or no tires. Austin Dillon can be a good driver with the right team like last year proved, but he's never going to be a top tier 1 driver.

patch553

kenseth to the 5 is a good fit until Byron is ready,kurt busch is rumoured to have spoken to hendrick but I cant anything coming of that. id personally like to see kahne in the 77

Foltzy

I hope Kenseth gets into the five. (Not just because he's my driver.) He can still win even though he's old. Don't want to see a vet forced into retirement because of no ride kind of like Biffle.
I really don't want to see Byron rushed to the Cup Series only to flop like Logano.
I'm hoping a two year contract for Kenseth leading him into retirement but I can also see a one year deal giving him a farewell tour.

wdwfan4ver

GMS Racing's twitter account is mentioning that they got a big announcement tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. eastern. I'm guessing its them announcing having a cup organization next year. The question is if would have 1 or 2 cup teams.

wdwfan4ver

GMS marketing pr department pulled a fast one. The announcement was for a throwback paint scheme for Darlington.

What got me suckered in was GMS back in June made the comment of them considering doing a cup team next year. Kasey Kahne made sense because Rick Hendrick earlier this week made the comment he's helping Kasey find a cup ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom