Trip Report 2017 Moved to Florida Trip

We moved to Florida in December 2016. We were able to take a quick trip in March 2017 during spring break. It was crowded but manageable. EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival was as always beautiful! We tried the new food kiosks they have... scallops ( only 3) for $6.00!
2017 DISney (4).jpg

bethymouse

Original Poster
Just looked it up and looks like I'd be good for Florida! California is my other state choice, and no reciprocity there.
I worked in West Virginia. I had a "permanent " license there due to having my Masters degree. But, believe me, at least here in Central Florida, teachers are badly needed! Remember to do your homework, as I had a "rude" awakening as to how different it is here in FL ( merit pay, grading schools, etc...).;)

bethymouse

Original Poster
I'm going through this process now... All you have to do is request to have your license switched over to Florida through their education department and pay a fee (I believe $75 per cert). Florida and PA certs are reciprocals so as long as your state is also, you don't have to do anything additional as far as taking courses or taking tests!
Yes. 75$. Once you're hired it's also 144$ to get a drug test ( 1st state I've had to do that) and of course fingerprints. They're very strict with rules here in Florida, but it's not all that bad I guess.;)

bethymouse

Original Poster
Oh so jealous of you and @blgauger. We want to move there but because we own a business and will need to sell it we have no idea when that will happen. :(
It's truly a nice place to retire. I wouldn't necessarily recommend moving to Florida unless you had a good job, and knew the area quite well. The Villages is a unique place for retirees to live. Golf Cart central!:)

bethymouse

Original Poster
Congrats on your move! If I remember correctly you were a teacher in your home state, are you a teacher in Florida too? Just wondering what it was like to get a Florida teaching license? I don't think I can convince my hubby to move anytime soon, but who knows!;)
We like it here, but it took about 4 months to truly feel "settled in". My cat still hasn't quite adjusted yet!:joyfull: We haven't lived through a Florida summer yet though... so we'll see.;)

JIMINYCR

We like it here, but it took about 4 months to truly feel "settled in". My cat still hasn't quite adjusted yet!:joyfull: We haven't lived through a Florida summer yet though... so we'll see.;)

good-job35%20watermark.gif

Oooohhh, what wonderful, fabulous news, to hear you are now living close to heaven and will be spending more of your life enjoying all things Disney with your boys. Being there will make a trip to the parks so much easier. And think of all the Disney events you'll now be able to get in on. YAAAAY for you!!!!

bethymouse

Original Poster
@bethymouse , it's exciting news to hear that you moved to Florida. Haven't noticed you on the forums here lately, and now I can see that you and your family have been busy with the move. Congratulations to all of you.

How are your sons enjoying their new state? I'll bet they're happy that they're not far at all now from WDW!! :happy:
Thank you. The boys have adjusted quite well. Our days here in Florida getting settled in were tough, but now we're feeling more like Floridians.:D

bethymouse

Original Poster
Congratulations on your move, Bethymouse. I've always enjoyed reading your posts. I hope you will continue to let us know how it is going living in Florida. I would love to hear your viewpoint! Thanks for the trip report.
You're welcome!:)There are so many Disney commercials selling to local residents!:D 139$ for 3 parks each person. Decent deal, but they do have blackouts for Pandora ( even those with annual passes.. haven't gotten ours yet). The local news always has information about Disney.. that's the neat part, especially when they feature the Flower and Garden Festival, etc...:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom