Trip Report 2017 Moved to Florida Trip

We moved to Florida in December 2016. We were able to take a quick trip in March 2017 during spring break. It was crowded but manageable. EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival was as always beautiful! We tried the new food kiosks they have... scallops ( only 3) for $6.00!
2017 DISney (4).jpg

blreinsel

Congrats on your move! If I remember correctly you were a teacher in your home state, are you a teacher in Florida too? Just wondering what it was like to get a Florida teaching license? I don't think I can convince my hubby to move anytime soon, but who knows!;)

I'm going through this process now... All you have to do is request to have your license switched over to Florida through their education department and pay a fee (I believe $75 per cert). Florida and PA certs are reciprocals so as long as your state is also, you don't have to do anything additional as far as taking courses or taking tests!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm going through this process now... All you have to do is request to have your license switched over to Florida through their education department and pay a fee (I believe $75 per cert). Florida and PA certs are reciprocals so as long as your state is also, you don't have to do anything additional as far as taking courses or taking tests!

Good to know that it might be fairly painless. I would have to see what reciprocity Wisconsin and Florida had. I really don't want to take any tests, if there was math involved I probably wouldn't pass; I'm so bad at math. If my district ever told me I had to teach math, I think I would quit.

blreinsel

Good to know that it might be fairly painless. I would have to see what reciprocity Wisconsin and Florida had. I really don't want to take any tests, if there was math involved I probably wouldn't pass; I'm so bad at math. If my district ever told me I had to teach math, I think I would quit.

Lol! I'm awful at math too! I thought that I would at least have to take a Florida history class or test but I was wrong! There's a list online about the reciprocity between states so if you're really interested the info is definitely out there. ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Lol! I'm awful at math too! I thought that I would at least have to take a Florida history class or test but I was wrong! There's a list online about the reciprocity between states so if you're really interested the info is definitely out there. ;)

Just looked it up and looks like I'd be good for Florida! California is my other state choice, and no reciprocity there.

bethymouse

Original Poster
Congrats on your move! If I remember correctly you were a teacher in your home state, are you a teacher in Florida too? Just wondering what it was like to get a Florida teaching license? I don't think I can convince my hubby to move anytime soon, but who knows!;)
It took about 4 months to get a "temporary" license. But, once you're hired, you get your initial license for 5 years!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom