2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival beginning August 31st

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
No one hates alcohol or people who drink, well some here do ;). What we hate is the total shiz show World Showcase becomes during F/W. It becomes is a cesspool of people, who have idea how to handle their alcohol, running around like loons pounding drinks left and right. This leads to repulsive behavior including but not limited to: people vomiting all over the place, people who think they're hot stuff acting like a-holes, people hooting and hollering every five seconds, and just an environment that should not be found anywhere in a Disney park. It has nothing to be with being a pro-prohibition Puritan, its just a disdain for the lack of class among the Guests.

I'll drink to that.
giphy.gif

Mickey5150

It is truly amazing how much misery people love to bring to a discussion about Disney making a change. This website has become the place where happiness goes to die. I'm not miserable, I don't hate life and I don't hate Disney so I am done with this site. Enjoy WDWcomplainaboutthemagic.com

ChrisFL

Premium Member
What I'd prefer at this point is to have the F&W Festival at Disney Springs so they can get more guests over there (and maybe buy something in the overpriced shops) but that won't happen with all of the 3rd party restaurants there.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
At this point they should just bulldoze UoE and build a shopping mall food court in it's place. Have 10-12 different food spots with rotating menu's every quarter. That way I don't have to walk all the way around the world to get food anymore. Same idea right?

Honestly, they don't even need to do that, they could literally do it in the old WOL building

jt04

Technically there are no such things as leap years as a solar year is 365.25 days long, The leap year is to correct the Gregorian calendar every 4 years. But for argument's sake we can say EVERY DAY at EPCOT 'The World's Largest Outdoor Bar' is a Festival day...

Please program me back on ignore Mr Roboto.

draybook

Not a big fan of this decision by a long shot. We usually go within the first two weeks of September. It's not as hot as mid year, crowds are alright, and we usually can take advantage of FD.

draybook

And dismiss any development or improvements, and take the most negative, cynical, ugly point of view on any possible topic. Sure.

Have you BEEN to Epcot in the past 8 years? Hell, we just started going 8 years ago and I can tell the difference. Fewer attractions, more drunky stops and snack stands. Stevie Wonder could see what's going on. I'm just surprised that they didn't think of moving those cabanas over to Epcot, for those who are too tipsy to make it around the World Showcase.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I never knew so many people hated alcoholic beverages, and had such disdain for people who drink them... until I came to this site.lol
I don't hate alcohol, but I can't drink a lot of due to medication.

Alcohol itself isn't the problem. I have no problem with some people that drink alcohol, but there are people that I don't respect based on what they do while drunk. Sorry, but I can't respect anyone who and does violent acts while their drunk.

I compare the Food Wine Festival to the local music festival that happens during the summer except Epcot's Food and Wine Festival last a lot longer time. I compare the two because the local music festival has a lot of people drunk and some of those people get very rowdy, throws up, or does other irresponsible stuff that affects other guests while a concert is a happening. Meaning those 2 festivals have people that can't handle their alcohol.

I matter of fact witnessed something at the musical festival at night that was caused by bad drunken behavior back when I was a teenager. I had great seats at a outdoor amphitheater concert at night, but the a person a couple rows ahead was doing inappropriate behavior while being drunk as a skunk. I saw that drunk wanting to start fights and other stuff. The last time I checked, seeing drunks that want to start fights isn't supposed to be the experiences you pay for watching a concert.

My problem is one that there is stuff that is acceptable and some things aren't.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't hate alcohol, but I can't drink a lot of due to medication.

Alcohol itself isn't the problem. I have no problem with some people that drink alcohol, but there are people that I don't respect based on what they do while drunk. Sorry, but I can't respect anyone who and does violent acts while drunk.

I compare the Food Wine Festival to the local music festival that happens during the some except Epcot's Food and Wine Festival last a longer time. I compare the two because the local music festival has a lot of people drunk and some of those people get very rowdy, throws up, or does other irresponsible stuff that affects other guests while a concert is a happening. Meaning those 2 festivals have people that can't handle their alcohol.

I am matter of fact witnessed something at the musical festival at night that was caused by bad drunken behavior back when I was a teenager. I had great seats at a outdoor amphitheater concert at night, but the a person a couple rows ahead was doing inappropriate behavior while being drunk as a skunk. I saw that drunk wanting to start fights and other stuff. The last time I checked, seeing drunks that want to start fights isn't supposed to be the experiences you pay for watching a concert.

My problem is one that there is stuff that is acceptable and some things aren't.

Exactly - Aggressive drunks are the last thing one expects at a DISNEY park, They do not ADD to the experience and it's Disney's fault for not immediately ejecting these people from the park, Disney seems to feel as long as they are spending it's all good.

If Disney tossed the loud and aggressive drunks out of EPCOT (Drunkytown??) during the festivals word would get out and we'd have a better behaved crowd,

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Exactly - Aggressive drunks are the last thing one expects at a DISNEY park, They do not ADD to the experience and it's Disney's fault for not immediately ejecting these people from the park, Disney seems to feel as long as they are spending it's all good.

If Disney tossed the loud and aggressive drunks out of EPCOT (Drunkytown??) during the festivals word would get out and we'd have a better behaved crowd,

Do you think that any of the kids there taking the orders or serving know how to spot someone over the limit? Other than randomly checking IDs there is very little Disney is doing to detur the people that ruin these events.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
unless you have passes and want to enjoy epcot with room to move....
What do you want Disney to do? what is your propsed solution? Should they just stop the very popular and very well loved festival? Extending it and adding another festival (the arts festival) are a ptactical way to spread out the crowds. Even adding more future world attractions wont change much because people are coming just for food and wine because they like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom