1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival beginning August 31st

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Kylo Ken, Nov 24, 2016.

1. raymusiccity

raymusiccity Well-Known Member

Not exactly 'merchandise', but, I think that Annual Passholders will be disappointed in the step down this year during Food & Wine.

The latest edition of the Passholder Newsletter is excited to announce:

"Yes, it's good to be a Passholder. And during the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, it's going to be even better. Stop by the Festival Center with your valid annual pass for the opportunity to receive your specialty buttons."

There's a big difference between providing souvenir wine glasses to their Passholders, (as in years past), and giving out buttons!

2. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Agree. Unfortunately for me, I must have washed my drink glass one time too many because it broke. I do have the wine glass from the year before though.

3. rocketraccoon

rocketraccoon Well-Known Member

Aww man, the drink glass they gave out last year was a nice change of pace.

4. Mark P.

Mark P. Well-Known Member

Completely meaningless gesture. I'd almost prefer they don't even bother recognizing Passholders at all rather than a half-hearted attempt like this.

5. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

Oooh a button :rolleyes:

PorterRedkey, Alice a and Wespionage like this.
  6. zakattack99

zakattack99 Well-Known Member

If you want to see some crazy, outdated, and backward alcohol laws come to PA!

Also of course this would be the year Chase dumps the festival... I just got my Disney Visa!

teruterubouzu, jakeman and Wespionage like this.
  7. rocketraccoon

rocketraccoon Well-Known Member

They seem to be setting up merchandise locations at the moment. The Odyssey's dining area is filled with racks and signage from last year's Food & Wine and this year's Flower & Garden. The VISION House in Innoventions East that usually has passholder stuff also removed whatever they were using to black out the automatic sliding door with temporary walls.

From outside The Odyssey:
    [​IMG]

The same sign in the VISION House last year:
    [​IMG]

Presumably it'll change. I don't think I remember what the keepsake box even was.